So after a time, I managed to solve a prob with the Vertail mapping of the Su and have sended some updated psd.files to enoc. Im now on the main gear section and some small updates. This planes will be ready in the near future.

post-8289-0-69564100-1369143296_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Oh damn i need to finish riveting that old lady, LOL, well the more, the merrier!!! :D

• Like 1

The upper side of the inner wings are fine, the bottom needs some new love to, have repositioned the Main Gear and will recut the Baydoors out of the wings

Looks pretty nice so far Martin & Enoc!!! :good:

It looks great! I can't wait to try flying this bad boy, for some reason I really like the way the Su-20 looks!

What cockpit are you going to use?

To be honest I have no idea, maybe Stary would like to build one. For now im using a Su-7 pit for the earlier versions. later ones with laser target designater will need a different one. From the M3 version the whole nose section and canopy frames are different.

If you like I can send you a testversion, but only after I have reworked the main gear.

The actual pit is ok up to the M3 version, based in the 4+ book, M4 had a TV screen ala MiG-27K.

Looks damn good Martin! :good:

Can´t wait for the SU-22M4 & UM3K :biggrin:

It would seems based on my googling that the early Su-17/20 were still painted black, not blue, and otherwise appeared a lot more archaic. The M4 on the other hands looks quite "modern", it resembles the Su-25 actually very much.

Maybe Starys excellent MiG-15/17 cockpit could be a reasonable facsimile for the SU-20? A custom build would be of course best but it's always such a PITA to do.

su20-1.jpg

Umm why not use the Su-17 cockpit only paint it black?

Cause Stary will make new pits for this addon, my current wip list is as short as possible... it should cover some areas and time frames.

Su-17 Fitter C "early"

Su-17 Fitter C

Su-17M Fitter C

Su-17M2 Fitter D

Su-17M3

Su-17M3R

Su-17M4,R

Su-17M2R

Su-20

Su-22

Su-22M

Su-22M3 M3K

Su-22M3R

Su-22R

Su-17U,UM,UM3,UMK

Su-22UM3,UM3K

Cause Stary will make new pits for this addon, my current wip list is as short as possible... it should cover some areas and time frames.

Yes I got that but I see you guys discussing SU-7 and MiG-15 cockpits, now if those are considered as interim solution it seems to me the best interim solution would be to use the existing dedicated Su-17 cockpit :wink:

You are partly right, the current Su-17 pit is usable on M3 versions upward. The earlier versions should use the Su-7 pit

Su-17 Fitter C "early"

Su-17 Fitter C

Su-17M Fitter C

Su-17M2 Fitter D

Su-17M3

Su-17M3R

Su-17M4,R

Su-17M2R

Su-20

Su-22

Su-22M

Su-22M3 M3K

Su-22M3R

Su-22R

Su-17U,UM,UM3,UMK

Su-22UM3,UM3K

No SU-22M-4 Martin? :blink:

Edited by Soulfreak

No sorry carlo, I cant build every single version....

Hmm sad, that was / is a very common version....

Q: Isn't the current avaliable Su-17/22 actually a rather accurate Su-22M4?

I am referring to this model:

http://combatace.com...722m4-fitter-k/

That Model is still the original SU-17 model from amourdave.

So it is a bit outdated.

We got the source from AD and why not bring that model to the latest standart?

Yes, of all the SF1 era model I think this is one of the best. Sure, it wouldn't hurt from a few polys here and there but overall I think it is looking good! Do you have all these source models Martin?

Yes, of all the SF1 era model I think this is one of the best. Sure, it wouldn't hurt from a few polys here and there but overall I think it is looking good! Do you have all these source models Martin?

Not only some polys here and there.

we can add bump & specular maps, integrate tanks into model, add brake chutes, and maybe add some parking animations (Ledder, covers etc.)

BTW, forwrted the source a long time ago to Martin....

Edited by Soulfreak
  • Like 1