Wrench:

Yep, that's exactly what I use to plot out front lines, MOVEMENT.INI routes, and now SF2NA campaign carrier group positions. Saves a lot of time. And you can save the "missions" for future reference.

Eric Howes

How did you get it working with SF2NA?

you dont

You can usem those Bases as "Player Flyable", They Just start You in the Air comming from that Point and you must hit "Escape" before You run off the Map. But it works......

331KillerBee

Wrench:

you dont

Actually, you can. Not fully, but just to the degree that you need to get what you want.

I keep a "plain jane" copy of WOE on my main PC. I've got the other terrain CATs from the other major SF1 titles installed as well. For SF2NA, I've simply used Gerwin's alternate IcelandNA terrain. Of course, I had to convert all Unicode plain text files (INIs mainly) to ANSI and the JPG maps to BMP, but once I did that the terrain worked just fine in KMD.

Note that the "missions" I'm editing are simply for plotting routes and front lines. I'm not actually flying those missions. And for what I need, KMD with Gerwin's IcelandNA terrain works just fine.

Eric Howes

:good:

For Just Finding Coordinates I Use Eburger68 Method. Extracted ICELANDNA_MAP2.JPG And Converted To .BMP Then Dropped Into My SF1 WOV-WOE Merged GermanyCE. When Opened With KMD It Has Clutter Of GermanyCE Targets But Im Just Using It To Find Coordinates. The Point Is To Pinpoint On Map Spawn Points Representing Off Map Approach Points. SF2NA Full Merged Install Allows For Carrier Strikes And Or Strategic Approach IE Nordic Hammer To Be Simulated. Important To Note Map Coordinate Grid Size Must Match. Many Novels Such As RED STORM RISING And Little Known THE SIXTH BATTLE Depict Attacks From All Points On Compass. I Use WIN 7 Pro 64 Bit With Full Emulation Support Which Allows Me Run Both Series.