Hey folks! Quiet around here so maybe this'll give reason to get back up in the air. The latest version of OFFice incomparable campaign engine including the OFFbase role-playing simulation is now available at Combat Ace! Download the full package, or the smaller update if you have OFFice 1.0.2 installed.

Most noticeable improvements are the many more dynamic encounters for more unique and interesting ways to interact with and manipulate your squadmates and learn more about them, as well as more illustrative descriptions of characters to bring their unique personalities to life. Thanks to JamesL for major contributions on both these fronts.

Here's the full change-log:

• AI improvements, most noticeably to encounter selection; internal 'Initiative' Attribute helps determine which party chooses the encounter, and AI is more deliberate about picking an encounter to reach its goals. Simulating the squadron is a bit slower however.
  • Character Illustration system by JamesL and Lothar dynamically describes higher-level aspects of personalities. Just as Attributes summarize individual combinations of traits, Illustrations summarize combinations of Attributes. The dynamically-generated descriptions really bring unique personalities to life so you can more easily remember them and manipulate them socially. Currently Illustrated are characters' motivations and use of language, with appearance and mannerisms under development. Descriptions of individual attribute levels have been also been added to the pool of observations available to describe characters in encounters.
  • Lots of small bug fixes and some major internal refinements and restructuring. Some things like startup should be a tad faster. Overall OFFbase is a little more processor-intensive, but much less aggressive in writing to your hard drive. Squadron and pilot personality data now stored as compressed binaries with additional info to make squadron campaigns fully persistent. Now squadron campaigns can be continued with a new character even after the last player pilot has been deleted or transferred out, so a failed pilot never ends your ongoing campaign.
  • Can create new pilots to join existing OFFbase campaigns from within OFFbase itself, removing need to launch OFF Manager to make replacement pilots. Includes random name generator as well. British, American, and French airmen generated by OFFbase will sometimes include a middle name (already built into German namelists). Supports characters with quotes in their name for nicknames.
  • FA(A) Flieger-Abteilung (Artillerie) squadrons are no longer assigned Scramble missions. Exiting OFFbase stops any music from playing. OFFice user settings are now also available on the OFFice page in OFFramp. Refinements to Infirmary screen, including an estimated release time for each patient. The togglable encounter help info credits the author of the encounter.
  • More revised and expanded encounters by JamesL and Lothar that yield unique insights into the characters of the parties involved, playing out differently each time. Even the venerable "A Salute" gets a small make-over. Added "Mixer" trait to complement the "Introvert" and "Husky" trait for those 'big-boned' airmen.
  • Preloads Andy73's sounds for improved performance on low-spec machines.

The reason for some of the major under-the-hood restructuring will be clear soon, but new bugs may crop up so as always I appreciate reports of problems. Please copy&paste the text or take a screenshot of any errors in the 'REBOL 3 Alpha' console.

And have fun!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By VonS

Dec. 26, 2021 Update - Please find, available at the link below, my previously released mods. for RoF United Ed. - this time as a convenient, consolidated mod. package. Do read the included "Read Me" files, where available, for more info., particularly the "READ_ME_ROF_General_Info" file that is located in the root folder of the package when unzipped. This consolidated package is provided "as is," with no active support beyond the included explanatory files. Should I ever revisit in particular the AI/DM mod. for RoF United, fresh info. will be posted in this thread.
      Jan. 19, 2022 Update - "Morane-Saulnier Type H Campaigning Tweak" now available below the consolidated mods. link (allows for the Fokk. E.III to be flown by the Entente as an M-S Type H in PWCG campaigns, ver. 16.x.x, in RoF United).
      Jan. 20, 2022 Revision - Have fixed and included further improvements in the "AircraftInfo" file that is a part of the M-S Type H tweak. Also, don't forget to name your M-S Type H French and Russ. skins as "MS_H_French" and "MS_G_Russian," without quot. marks - for the correct skins to load if running the tweak.

ROF_ConsolidatedMods_VonS.zip
      MStypeHcampaigningTweak_VonS.zip

Feb. 3, 2022 Update - The RoF United "Addon" mod. ver. 1.35 further tunes AI behavior for more varied tactics, outcomes, etc. Recommended is to use it with the ver. 1.3 AI mod. See the enclosed "Read Me" file for more info.
      Happy flying all,
      Von S 

ROF_AI_Addon_VonS.zip
    • By Skynax
      Hi guys I have a problem and have already tried a few things, if I install a nuclear mod I get everything right with the explosion and such but I have no detonation sound I've tried a lot I'm sorry for the bad English but I'm from Germany I hope so can someone help.
    • By Menrva

View File Nations & Medals Expansion
      Nations & Medals Expansion
      April 13th, 2019 (1st Release)
      by Menrva

>For Strike Fighters 2 games
      This mod is an extension of the stock ThirdWire _nations.ini file. It adds new nations and respective national decals, missing from the stock game, and it adds numerous medals (made by Capitaine Vengeur and Charles) for the stock countries. Here below a summary of the changes:
      -Added a number of new service markings decals, for the added nations.
      -Remade decals for the fictive countries of SF2 to match the default 256x256 resolution of other national decals.
      -The Mercenary decal no longer shows Dhimari colours; now it's generic and adapt for various scenarios involving mercenaries.
      -The Soviet Air Force becomes the Russian Air Force since 1992, with proper new decals showing up since 2010.
      -The Soviet Naval Aviation (Russian Naval Aviation since 1992) has been added as a separate service.
      -The (Free) Libyan Air Force has been added and becomes active in 2012, in place of the Libyan Arab Republic Air Force.
      -Biafra and Katanga have been added and are active for a short number of years, as historically accurate.
      -The Rwandan Air Force has been added, active since 1962, with later finflash showing up since 2002.
      -The Niger Air Force has been added, active since 1961, with alternative insignia in use since 1980.
      -The Djibouti Air Force has been added, active since 1977, as historically accurate.
      -The missing post-Yugoslavia nations, namely Montenegro and Republika Srpska, have been added.
      -The missing ex-Soviet Union nations of Belarus, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan have been added.
      -The Irish Air Corps has been added, with alternative decals in use since 1955.
      -The People's Liberation Army Naval Air Force has been added as a separate service, active since 1953.
      -The Somali Air Force is known as the Somali Aeronautical Corps before 1960, as historically correct.
      -The Burkina Faso Air Force is no longer active since 1964, now it's active since 1985; it shows up as the Upper Volta Air Force before 1985.
      -The Bahrain Amiri Air Force becomes the Royal Bahraini Air Force in 2002, as historically accurate.
      -Created and added low-vis insignia and finflash textures for the Pakistan Air Force.
      -Fixed a stock bug in SF2 with the Sultan of Oman's Air Force not being selectable since 1959, as it should be.
      -Fixed a stock bug in SF2 with the Republic of China (Taiwan) Air Force not using the old roundel as it should be before 1992.
      -Activated unused low-vis finflash included in stock SF2 for the Canadian Armed Forces.
      -Other very small changes here and there to other stock nations.
      -Added new medals for the following nations and respective services: Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Cuba, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Egypt, East Germany, West Germany, France, Finland, Greece, Hungary, India, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, North Korea, South Korea, North Vietnam, South Vietnam, Norway, Pakistan, Poland, Russia, Soviet Union, Spain, Sweden, Syria, Taiwan, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States.
      Modders and users are advised to tweak their _userlist.ini files and _data.ini files for aircraft and ships, to make use of the new naval aviation services added by this mod.

>Credits (in no particular order):
      -Capitaine Vengeur, for his Modern Russian Federation Medals and Modern Ukrainian Medals packs.
      -Charles, for his Medals Pack v2.0 addon for SF1, which I have improved and updated to SF2 standards.
      -mue, for sharing info about the functionality of the alias.lst file.
      -paulopanz, for creating decals for Rwanda and Niger, which I have further tweaked.
      -eburger68, for few decals I borrowed from his huge campaign mods.
      I included the original readme files from the mentioned mods, where available, to the end of giving proper credit to everyone involved directly or not.

>Disclaimer:
      This is a freeware; yet it can be redistributed ONLY in other CombatACE mods/mod packages.
      This mod may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
      Submitter Menrva Submitted 04/13/2019 Category ini File Edits  
    • By Menrva
      Nations & Medals Expansion
      April 13th, 2019 (1st Release)
      by Menrva

>For Strike Fighters 2 games
      This mod is an extension of the stock ThirdWire _nations.ini file. It adds new nations and respective national decals, missing from the stock game, and it adds numerous medals (made by Capitaine Vengeur and Charles) for the stock countries. Here below a summary of the changes:
      -Added a number of new service markings decals, for the added nations.
      -Remade decals for the fictive countries of SF2 to match the default 256x256 resolution of other national decals.
      -The Mercenary decal no longer shows Dhimari colours; now it's generic and adapt for various scenarios involving mercenaries.
      -The Soviet Air Force becomes the Russian Air Force since 1992, with proper new decals showing up since 2010.
      -The Soviet Naval Aviation (Russian Naval Aviation since 1992) has been added as a separate service.
      -The (Free) Libyan Air Force has been added and becomes active in 2012, in place of the Libyan Arab Republic Air Force.
      -Biafra and Katanga have been added and are active for a short number of years, as historically accurate.
      -The Rwandan Air Force has been added, active since 1962, with later finflash showing up since 2002.
      -The Niger Air Force has been added, active since 1961, with alternative insignia in use since 1980.
      -The Djibouti Air Force has been added, active since 1977, as historically accurate.
      -The missing post-Yugoslavia nations, namely Montenegro and Republika Srpska, have been added.
      -The missing ex-Soviet Union nations of Belarus, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan have been added.
      -The Irish Air Corps has been added, with alternative decals in use since 1955.
      -The People's Liberation Army Naval Air Force has been added as a separate service, active since 1953.
      -The Somali Air Force is known as the Somali Aeronautical Corps before 1960, as historically correct.
      -The Burkina Faso Air Force is no longer active since 1964, now it's active since 1985; it shows up as the Upper Volta Air Force before 1985.
      -The Bahrain Amiri Air Force becomes the Royal Bahraini Air Force in 2002, as historically accurate.
      -Created and added low-vis insignia and finflash textures for the Pakistan Air Force.
      -Fixed a stock bug in SF2 with the Sultan of Oman's Air Force not being selectable since 1959, as it should be.
      -Fixed a stock bug in SF2 with the Republic of China (Taiwan) Air Force not using the old roundel as it should be before 1992.
      -Activated unused low-vis finflash included in stock SF2 for the Canadian Armed Forces.
      -Other very small changes here and there to other stock nations.
      -Added new medals for the following nations and respective services: Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Cuba, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Egypt, East Germany, West Germany, France, Finland, Greece, Hungary, India, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, North Korea, South Korea, North Vietnam, South Vietnam, Norway, Pakistan, Poland, Russia, Soviet Union, Spain, Sweden, Syria, Taiwan, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States.
      Modders and users are advised to tweak their _userlist.ini files and _data.ini files for aircraft and ships, to make use of the new naval aviation services added by this mod.

>Credits (in no particular order):
      -Capitaine Vengeur, for his Modern Russian Federation Medals and Modern Ukrainian Medals packs.
      -Charles, for his Medals Pack v2.0 addon for SF1, which I have improved and updated to SF2 standards.
      -mue, for sharing info about the functionality of the alias.lst file.
      -paulopanz, for creating decals for Rwanda and Niger, which I have further tweaked.
      -eburger68, for few decals I borrowed from his huge campaign mods.
      I included the original readme files from the mentioned mods, where available, to the end of giving proper credit to everyone involved directly or not.

>Disclaimer:
      This is a freeware; yet it can be redistributed ONLY in other CombatACE mods/mod packages.
      This mod may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
    • By BuckeyeBob
      Hello, gents. Although I prefer to keep discussion of the OCM to my thread at simhq for now, I have several pics of work in progress I would like to post, and combatace.com is much friendlier with images than the other site, so I thought I would post them here. Keep in mind that these are all works in progress and may or may not show up in the mod. Of course, all questions and comments are welcome. Overall, I am making progress on the mod and hope to have something by the middle of next month or so.
      ALL PICS ARE WORKS IN PROGRESS
      Old light haze

New light haze

Old thick haze

New thick haze

New Fog

Let me know what you like and don't like about the pics. The main obstacle to getting any of these new clouds into the sim is the flashing issue. Although I have been able to reduce it some, no matter how I try, I can't seem to completely eliminate it, especially for haze and fog clouds. That's why you see so few of these clouds in vanilla BHaH2. However, I haven't given up hope yet!
      Cheers!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..