Sign in to follow this  
Geary

Is there a CAC Avon Sabre LOD Shadow Fix Available?

Is there was a fix somewhere for the CAC Avon Sabre LOD shadow?

The F-86 Sabre and FJ-3M Fury lod's don't have the correct gunport for the CAC Sabre's 2x30MM Aden guns.

I can almost swear I've seen something on this recently, but I can't find it here, so possibly I saw it at another sim's site (or just dreamed it). :dntknw:

without the MAX file (and a 3d guru that has time to fix it....) it'd be very diffucult. I know I went through all the shadow lods, and never could.

for now, I guess, just turn off the shadow in the main ini

i seem to recall paulopanz working a bunch of RAAF Sabre skins, but can't find them either!!

*Zur, if you're watching .... don't suppose you have the max files around still???**

Yes I have it in the pipeline, edited by the great ZUR in person and there are some pics around here.

2 models early & later (with IRM rails) in the makings.

The skinset is almost done for all the original users but the plane is still in the hangar for data.ini tweakings in Spillone's mighty hands.

As I changed the gun positions too the flames, the smoke etc need to be shifted.

so be patient and stay tuned, please. :biggrin:

post-5138-0-05606400-1369688975_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Beautiful.

This must be where I saw this.

Edited by GearyMcS

looks like you used volker's template, too!!

with many thanks to Zur (the Great and Powerful)!!!

cant wait!

Thank you.

Yes Kev I used the temps You gave me.

:drinks:

Like I've said elsewhere... I'm happy that you guys keep polishing my old turds!

Some day I'll actually deuce the H upon you guys... That'll be a treat!

• Like 2

yeah the H would be great. it's amazing how well certain models hold up.the original Saber may be ancient but it compaires well with the newer models. It's still one of my favs.

• Like 1

Hi Zurawski!

If you're still reading, is there any chance you could fix the shape of the nose :angel:

Flying the sabres a lot since KAW mods came out, thought it was just me, but looks like there's some love for the 50s here...

Edited by Do335

:drinks:

Like I've said elsewhere... I'm happy that you guys keep polishing my old turds!

Some day I'll actually deuce the H upon you guys... That'll be a treat!

If you get around to the F-86H can you squeeze in the FJ-4 Fury, too???

Hi Zurawski!

If you're still reading, is there any chance you could fix the shape of the nose :angel:

Flying the sabres a lot since KAW mods came out, thought it was just me, but looks like there's some love for the 50s here...

What's wrong with my nose? LOL!

The Sabres were created back in the early stages of Strike Fighters and were compliant with the poly-count guidelines at that time. As such the areas (such as the nose) were a concession between maintaining poly-count and object shape.

In order to re-shape / soften the angular breaks on the intake would require quite a bit of cutting and pushing vertices around to give it a "pretty mouth" (strike the banjo) and would further be complicated in that the gun-ports are cut-outs that would requires some serious re-work if the original geometry of nose were to change lest the smoothing groups would be completely hosed.

Long and short... Someday?.. Maybe. Right now?... bigger job than what I've got time for.

What's wrong with my nose? LOL!

The Sabres were created back in the early stages of Strike Fighters and were compliant with the poly-count guidelines at that time. As such the areas (such as the nose) were a concession between maintaining poly-count and object shape.

In order to re-shape / soften the angular breaks on the intake would require quite a bit of cutting and pushing vertices around to give it a "pretty mouth" (strike the banjo) and would further be complicated in that the gun-ports are cut-outs that would requires some serious re-work if the original geometry of nose were to change lest the smoothing groups would be completely hosed.

Long and short... Someday?.. Maybe. Right now?... bigger job than what I've got time for.

thanks for the reply zur. well it was worth a shot anyway i reckon but totally understand. hopefully someday will come!