Anyone noticing a lot of bouncing behavior when the aircraft appear on the runway? Since the patch I am even getting some prop strikes on some of the WW2 aircraft when they show up in game. Adjusting the entry OnGroundPitchAngle=XXX doesn't seem to help. :dntknw:

Could try adjusting:

ShockStroke=0.25

SpringFactor=2.5

DampingFactor=1.8

Could try adjusting:

ShockStroke=0.25

SpringFactor=2.5

DampingFactor=1.8

Could try that but at this point it's more a question of " why is this happening now" and not before.

Anyone noticing a lot of bouncing behavior when the aircraft appear on the runway? Since the patch I am even getting some prop strikes on some of the WW2 aircraft when they show up in game. Adjusting the entry OnGroundPitchAngle=XXX doesn't seem to help. :dntknw:

Could try that but at this point it's more a question of " why is this happening now" and not before.

Try enabling the flaps on the S-99; aside from the effed-up pivot point, (I guess that's why they're commented out) they buck like broncos. And I'd hate to have to adjust shockstroke etc., in every aircraft in my install.

You could guess that a global change has been made to variables affecting the environment or flight models.

You could guess that a global change has been made to variables affecting the environment or flight models.

Something like that sounds reasonable. The TW S-99 FM has a very short shock stroke so I wonder if that is a bit of a work-around on ThirdWires part to avoid a prop strike. Unfortunately, at this point, I have been getting the best results by considerably increasing the landing gear spring/damping factors which may mean a whole lot of frigging around required for the WW2 types.

comment out the OnGroundPitchAngle, test again

was driving me batchit crazy with the PTO RAaF Spit VIII (TMF) until i did that (kept leaning forward and almost striking the prop)

So I ponied up and installed it. The LOD based terrain is still kind of slow but "minor" is hardly what I'd call the performance upgrade. "Massive", "Huge", or "Playable" would be the ones I would've used.

A couple of things to add to TW checklist for the next Patch regarding DLCs.

-Add the dropping ailerons to the F-4N. Could be easily fixed with ini edits, by the customer, but that means that you could do so also.

-For another Navy rebuilt fighter, give the F-8K the capability to carry 4 AAMs as contemporary Crusaders.

Thanks, i´m aware of that and i have it, i just think it should be fixed by TW, after all, it is their bird, they are charging for it, it is relatively easy to fix, besides all those who don´t mess with editing or modding, i feel there are many of those if DLCs are really successful beyond the most supportive patrons.