this is bad when the Ancient One is pissed and that frustrated.  take a breather, come back (please!) when your not as ... irked.

also these last two patches seem to be changing several one off and unintended things. 

disaster - sorry to hear about that Wrench - system recovery used to leave the system in such a inconsistent state I never used it.

check c:\users - sometimes it used to create a temporary profile

Deep breath.............

there is a little bit of good news..

as you all know, I use the old 'pen and paper' method for plotting targets/target items placements. Writing them down on paper when paused in my "Targets Test **. msn"

well, for some reason, I DIDN'T throw out the notes. There's a stack of papers sitting on top of the printer, nearly an inch deep, with all the plotted coordinates, and what items they are, in which 'city'.

but, as I've got the rebuild all 10 mods folders.... gonna take some time, and I still need to evaluate the terrain and the "seizures/freezes" issue

and I still need to get "off" this fucked up patch level, and back to something that works....

It's either this or try to fly a semi-stable title with the same map as it had in 1998.

• Like 1

Thus the reason I love SF2. You can fly anything anywhere at any time. Doing pretty much whatever you want. If one is willing to listen and do a little experimenting on their own, only their own imagination can limit them. When the game evolves, part of the fun is trying to figure out how the new patch screwed up this or that mod.

• Like 3

My installs have been fine for a long time now. When I do find something wrong, it is 99% on my end. And of course always I back up, back up, back up. Just did it before I left for work.

I fly it almost 99% stock, most of the time.  There are a few little tweaks I use, like water maps for carrier missions on stock terrains.  One of my installs is a dedicated Desert Storm game, it does nothing else.

And most of the time, I'm also flying single missions, it's more of a challenge when neither side has a "red line" advantage.  It's just more fun than the campaigns, at least to me.  And thanks to the mission editor, I can really do a lot more than the campaign engine will let me.  If I really like the result, I can save the results.

Yeah the mission editor and mission save feature is awesome.