always wanted to have something this far north. (and needed too! not just for WW2 maybe?)

Something for our Scottish members! (and to give the Banff Wing something to do, as we've several skin sets for Beaus and Mossies...)

no date, expect a LONG lead time ... as, of course, the frakking TE auto tiles with fukloads of road tiles where farms and forests should be, the entire coastlines are done in the R series, and the whole triple cursed thing will have to be hand tiled for it's entire acerage (square kilometerage??) To say nothing of cities and rivers and the like.

also, can you imagine the fjords??? (Slarti, where ARE you? This is YOUR specality!! LOL)

Or placing the airfields in Norway??

oh boy ... what did I just do to myself??? :blackeye:

Edited by Wrench
  • Like 2

The new Slartibartfast!

Slartibartfast: Oh, yes. Did you ever go to a place - I think it was called Norway?

Arthur Dent: No. No, I didn't.

Slartibartfast: Pity. That was one of mine. Won an award, you know. Lovely crinkly edges.

Edited by LloydNB

Well, my dear Tool. You do that - you are going to have a Campaign writer for it. I assure you.

Great!!!!!!!!! Thats a special love with this terrain, especially naval scenarios... from Strike Fleet (Commodore64)  and Harpoon... and Arctic Circle. Too bad GIUK gap is far away

• Like 1

(hence the reference I made above to the Banff Wing)

my gods...NOW  I remember WHY I don't start terrains from stractch any more....

every single tile will have to be replaced -- BY HAND!!!

the stupid fkedup TE has placed road tiles on every piece of open ground that isn't a Sea tile, even in the forest (J series). What isn't a rock ® series. there's no farm tiles, other than the few I've placed showing.

what a piece of shit!!

the yellow see is the alignment lines I've painted on to get the roads to line up (I use different colors on tile edges to assure 100% matchups). The close up are the myriad road tiles themselves

some of you may recognize the Denmark region (I think the large island is where Copenhagen and Reptilicus is). The close up is the island itself.

what a horrible thing to happen to a (semi) reasonable being!!

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

months and months of work this is going to take!!!... TK is gonna owe several mice (mouses??) and treatment for carpel tunnel to tile this bitch right!! jeeeZZZ!!!!

M-Y  F-A-V-O-U-R-I-T-E  S-C-E-N-A-R-I-O!!!!! I don´t believe! I always dream of searching the german ships inside the Fjords. It reminds me the adventures of the famous Max Guedj when commanding the Banff Strike Wing as described by Pierre H.Closterman on his famous "Le ciel en Feu". That´s awesome!!

GIUK gap.................. A superb campaign could be done there. Do you remember Harpoon 97?

I for one see a "TSF - Invasion of Norway" scenario in the late 60s as a good one ;-)

I for one see a "TSF - Invasion of Norway" scenario in the late 60s as a good one ;-)

Good Idea )) I already have a project started for Morskaya Pekhota and Ropucha class landing ships)

Sweden is going to be VERY difficult ... Copenhagen/Malmo are VERY close to the wall on the s/e edge. Oslo is even crowding it.

Gotebrug, again near the wall.

for the desired WW2 scenario, it's ok, as it's Neutral. But what JRL wants...difficult. No un-doable, just difficult.

One may even discover a german rocket fuel factory at the end of a fjord ... or parrots pining for the fjords...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

for the desired WW2 scenario, it's ok, as it's Neutral. But what JRL wants...difficult. No un-doable, just difficult.

Heard it before. Challenge accepted.

I always hoped there would be a map like this after reading

A Separate Little War: The Banff Coastal Command Strike Wing Versus the Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe 1944-1945

by Andrew D. Bird.

Well, work is proceeding apace (taking a break from Veltro's Liberator -which I'm having problems with!)

needs some help with the Danish airfields though. I've been able to locate some of them, but am having problems with others. Please forgive my spelling...

Knivholdt (looks like near Frederikshaven?)

Aalborg (done)

Thisted See (done)

Rum

Grove

Vandel (done)

Esbjerg (done)

Handersleben

Tirstrup

Vaerlose (done)

Aune

most of these seem to be on the Jutland peninsula

It also appears there's PLENTY of room for stuff in northern Germany/Netherlands like Leeuwards, Cuxhaven, Kiel, etc (although I DON'T relish having to rebuild those ports again, to say nothing of the Kiel Canal...)

so, so guidance please!

thanks!

• Like 1

Looks great!

Any chance of adding RAF Sutton Craddock for a certain Mosquito  squadron to use?

The base is fictional but was supposedly in Yorkshire where there is actually a Full Sutton airfield today.....

http://www.fullsuttonairfield.com/location.html

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sutton+craddock+airfield&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&gws_rd=cr&ei=NYdpUueMH8SV0AX9-IGYAg

already crossed my mind -- as I had to watch the movie 2 days ago to try and figure out the location of the fjord (thank YOU DVD pause and zoom on the briefing sequence!!)

As we already have their Mossies....

according to the map seen in the briefing, Sutton Craddock looks to be between Middleton St. George and Leeming.

wish I had the last 4 books in the series; only have the 1st 4

This forgotten theater reminds me of a few pages from Heinz Knoke's "I flew for the Führer". In February-March 1942, he was part of Jagdgruppe Losigkeit, using Bf-109E from Gadermoen, then an auxiliary base close to the Oslofjord, to cover the damaged cruiser Prinz Eugen, on repair in a fjord after the Channel Dash. He participated in tracking down a lone PRU Spitfire that regularly came from the Orkneys and took photos with complete impunity, and after several unsuccesful attempts of interception, he finally participated in shooting it down.

And reciprocally, two chapters in Pierre Clostermann's "The Great Show" deal with that theater when his No.602 Sqn was detached in January 1944 at Skeabrae, Orkneys Is., to cover the naval base of the Home Fleet. His lucky A Flight received stratospheric Spitfire Mk.VIII, the unlucky B Flight was sent to the Shetlands with Spit V. Clostermann gives many anecdotes typical of that theater: a HP.504 "Harrow" transport aircraft shot down between Scotland and the Orkneys by a marauding Ju-88 a few weeks before his own transfer, another Ju-88 shot down by Scapa Flow's AAA while two of his frustrated squadron mates attacked it, the bi-weekly "eggs round" in Tiger Moth between the misty islands to get some fresh food... While patrolling over Scapa Flow on February 21, Clostermann was tasked to intercept a lone Bf-109G high-altitude, overpowered reco aircraft. Fortunately, his usual trustful wingman Jacques Remlinger could have the spy disintegrate in mid-air.

Edited by Capitaine Vengeur