Sign in to follow this  
ace888

Type of Fonts for GAF and AMI?

Hello,

Can anyone direct me to where I can download the proper FONTS for the GAF fonts and the AMI fonts shown?  I would also need the AMI fonts to have the highlighted outer area font type as well (similar to the GAF fonts as shown on the photo).

Thank you...

post-32885-0-68015000-1383510824_thumb.jpg

Thanks Russouk, but I already have that font.  I needed the outer highlighted type for both GAF and AMI.

what about the ww2 IJAAF/IJN number set? You'd need to create a bazillion-layered psd, as the numbers a one layer on this, and probably do some 'inverting', but they are outlilned (albit not perfect...)

Thanks Kevin,

I will take a look at it.  I have been searching for a while with no luck.  That is why I made this post request.  Worst case, would be copy and paste method base on what the community already have.

check my FW-190 and Me-109s; there's a bunch of single number LW decals in the outlined style. Be an awful lot of work to convert back to bmp, then to a psd (as dopey me through OUT the original bmps ages ago..)

German Ww2 font is a different type then the font for Luftwaffe markings.
And for modern Luftwaffe there are 2 different fonts.

icon1.gifattachment.php?attachmentid=935366&d=135

Edited by Soulfreak

Steve - For the Eurofighter serials use the font from Simmershop that Russo linked to and then to make the outer highlight in PS use "Stroke" to add the white border, like this -

germanfontps.jpg

Using a similar method I'm pretty sure we can do the Italian ones in the same way once we get the font!

Do exactly the same as above but after the "Stroke" use the Magic Wand (with "contiguous" unticked at the top of the screen) to select the inner of the numbers (which such select all the numbers simultaneously) then Right click on the Text Layer and select "Rasterize Type" and the Click Edit (from the top menu) and then "Fill" (using the fuselage colour) to leave just the Stroke Outline!

Like This - The same steps as above but then using Magic Wand with Contiguous Unticked click 1 number to Highlight ALL numbers

germanfontps04.jpg

Then Rasterise Type - Edit - Fill

germanfontps03.jpg

Leaves you with this

germanfontps02.jpg

Bingo - I think I've got it :grin: Well it looks pretty damn close to me!

Italian Font -

germanfontps05.jpg

Actual Font -

germanfontps06.jpg

Edited by ianh755
  • Like 1

Here's the modern AMI, GAF & RAF fonts - http://www.ianhenshall.com/sf2/Fonts.7z  - The AMI font is 99% right but the Number 1 is slightly different (has a bigger diagonal down sweep)

Couldn't add this to the above post for some reason???

Edited by ianh755

Ian,

Thank you very much... I will take look at it when I get home.  I need to figure it out on how to do the same thing on GIMP?

Thanks Soulfreak for the example too.

Thanks everyone... greatly appreciated

I've found a slightly quicker method using Paint.net for Transparent Decals - Write your text in the colour you want the outline to be (i.e white for German, dark blue/black for AMI etc) the click Effects (top menu bar) then Stylize, then Outline. This will make your words look like the outline only. Then, like PS, select Magic Wand (Flood mode to Global on top menu) and delete the background colour to leave just the Outline and Save as a Transparent TGA.

I've not used GIMP but I hope there's a similar method that you can use.

germanfontps07.jpg

Edited by ianh755

On ‎04‎.‎11‎.‎2013 at 3:21 PM, ace888 said:

Ian,

Thank you very much... I will take look at it when I get home.  I need to figure it out on how to do the same thing on GIMP?

ace888, do you still have ian755´s Fonts? Looks like he is no more around i am in Need of the ami font :-(

Soulfreak,

Unfortunately I do not... I lost a lot of my stuff when my computer went tango uniform early this year.  I will check to see if I had it on my back up external drive?

On ‎04‎.‎01‎.‎2019 at 2:07 AM, ace888 said:

Soulfreak,

Unfortunately I do not... I lost a lot of my stuff when my computer went tango uniform early this year.  I will check to see if I had it on my back up external drive?

That is sad. :-( Did you found something on your backup drive?

@ all: I would Need those 2 Fonts for AMI numbering:

img00029.jpg

img00030.jpg

Edited by Soulfreak