Beanie

New WOFF Forum

Lou, I not only remember it - it's still on my weekly playlist.

Jim, I know what you mean, and you are right: the official forum is at SimHQ,

and there's the only WOFF forum.

Of course I check it for new info on WOFF. But that's more like the CO's office

with the blackboard outside the door. My mess room is still here.

And it'sa no "either/or" thing - why not have both places?

Edited by Olham

Widowmaker's favorite album, Lou. Not for the songs, rather the flying dolphin on the jacket. Interesting side note...the dolphin used in the shoot was named Sopwith.

Personally I never liked "Life is Hard in the Balloon Corps", mostly because the writer, Kevin Darling, gave up his artistic integrity when he shortened the title from its original "Life is Hard in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps" to satisfy the record producer, Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett. Of course, the real blame lies with the label's owner, I suppose, one S. Baldrick.

But hold onto that one. It's one of only a few proofread and approved by the Honourable George Colthurst St. Barleigh containing the misprint "Woosie" instead of "Woopsie" before being caught by his overworked and underappreciated assistant, whose name escapes me at the moment. Once again, your flair for finding rare artifacts from the Great War shows itself.

But, as of now, there is only one WOFF forum, and it's not on CA. And, frankly, OFF=the past and WOFF=the present/the future. I am not implying OFF is going away, so put down the flame throwers. I assume many, many guys will fly it for a longtime to come.

I'm confident we all know that OBD is not coming back. But I don't think that our membership is going to doggedly continue to fly OFF. We've waited for it; we'll fly it, and this will simply be 'the other WOFF site', and whatever it's going to be, we'll build it ourselves. If this is known as the place with the most interesting topics and knowledgeable people, we'll have our own following. (Not that I expect the others to wither away) I'll continue to check in at SimHQ (tho' I find the graphics repellant. Not an avatar among them) and we'll see what the WOFF Forum becomes. But when I get my morning coffee and boot up the computer, this is where I'll check in first to see who's still around.

Hey, I don't have any arguments and I'm not fighting. If it's too hard to click a mouse or you don't want to click a mouse, whatever. I don't "mind." People can either stay here and wait to be informed or be proactive and go to where the information is and inform themselves. Whatever you want to do. :drinks:  Regardless, I'm not arguing that anybody "do" anything.

Von Baur, I can't speak regarding the OBD promise, because I was unaware of it until now or just forgot. Probably the former. As Lou said, it seems that in time CA would set up a WOFF forum, and then OBD can start posting stuff on CA.

BTW, as of this post, 80 people at The Official WOFF site. New relationships to be had and fostered...

To be extra clear, I'm not saying anybody is "wrong." Anyone wants to use The Official WOFF forum or not for whatever reasons on earth, then so be it! :good: Meanwhile, I'm going to the official WOFF forum to look at more of Hellshade's new videos.

Edited by JFM

I agree, this is a forum I check daily.  There is a lot of good info here and I enjoy reading all of the comments.

Merry Christmas

Rich

C.A was the first forum i found when i first jumped into OFF,unbelievably great people who helped with all my newbie questions,i remember looking at Screenshots and Reports off Olham,and Lou amongst many others And also Hellshades brilliant video,s  that quite often took me into the minds of the Brave Airmen of the Axis and Allies who flew these incredible machines,a great friendly forum but like Jim says WOFF has its own new page..i could,nt believe it when the change was announced that we were moving to sim Hq (bit premature)  IMO...but has Pol posted C.A was down for a few days and i dont think the Devs were quite sure when (of if) it was ever gonna be back.I still pop on here every single day its a ritual,and i still pop over to sim HQ ,and now ive gotta pop over to WOFF,S new page and ......well you know the rest,i just bookmarked  the pages at the top of My Google Chrome page  and there all a click away,I just hope that once WOFF is released i can come Home (here at C.A)..and read some excellent reports from some great ,friendly,honest down to earth guys that frequent this wonderful  Forum  .  

Edited by Adger1971
  • Like 1

Adger;

Amen to that!

• Like 1

I'm with Javito, too, and esp Adger1971, but with the imminent release of WOFF, I have been on that site more.  Though frankly, I haven't been on either forum as much lately; both the work and home aspects of real life have been crazy busy, and I've had very little stick time.

I like the BOC and the avatars, medallions, etc.  It's cozier here.  But I don't want to see a fight start over it, this has always been just as Hauksbee so eloquently put it, something about fermenting...! ;)  We'll keep it going somehow!

Edited by HumanDrone