Todd - the terrain wasn't meant to work straight out the box with the stock campaign INIs. There may have to be a bit of editing to be done with the campaign INIs. Although the parking chance is at 100, I don't know about others but they don't always appear with me either. Might be a guess but it may be a game issue.

As regards the 100% locking up issue, it might be a ground object issue or an issue with an edited FLIGHTENGINE file (as mentioned earlier)

EDIT: Desert Fury was meant to be used with the stock Desert terrain. Desert 4 is similar to the SF2:NA terrain in that it's a naval terrain, so some big time editing of the campaign INI files may be needed.

Edited by Piecemeal

Although the parking chance is at 100, I don't know about others but they don't always appear with me either. Might be a guess but it may be a game issue.

I recall someone saying the 100% parking chance setting will default to something like 90% due to game coding.

in your /Options, is the GroundObjects set to unlimited??

Yeah, it's set to unlimited. I did have to do some pretty heavy editing of the campaign .ini. Getting the Naval Fleets working took a while, but I got it. I know it wasn't designed to work with Desert 4 (or any other versions, lol) but I'd say it works at about 90% of how it should. It's not a huge deal to me, there's still plenty of MiGs to shoot :)

• Like 1

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? My boats are hovering above the water?

8kMsGYZl.jpg

nobody else is having this?  I get this too... uncanny waters...

is there a fix for this... the same happens with the Libya map by the way

nobody else is having this?  I get this too... uncanny waters...

is there a fix for this... the same happens with the Libya map by the way

I just recently purchased SF2NA so had a look for this issue. Have the same problem. I was messing around with this terrain quite a bit [removing mountains etc.] so there is a chance something went wrong. Will look for a solution.

Piecemeal, I'm really enjoying this terrain.

I was just trying out some soviet weapons and was assigned to strike an offshore oil rig.  When I got there, there was nothing there.  

It looks like the desert4_types.ini is calling for a ground object called "oilrig", but it's not included with the mod.  Did I miss something?

Hey I have a little problem... This awesome new terrain works in single player missions but not in the campaign... Help?