How many Day Attack Harriers had the spanish navy in 2005?

Right now I'm working with tha Targets on the Peninsula Iberica map. I'm gonna made the targets at Argelia as friendly.

I believe 12, they were bought recived the last in 1988 and they were upgraded in 2000.

I believe 12, they were bought recived the last in 1988 and they were upgraded in 2000.

so.... by 2005 12 day attack and 5 II+?

Hello,

Very good!!! I like your project

Do you plan to integrate the ex-Qatari Mirage F1s bought in 1994? They retained their original camo.

Best regards,

Coupi

Photo fastly taken by me in march 1996 (BA118 Mont de Marsan France)

Edited by Coupi
  • Like 2

Super Coupi!!!!! I've never seen a pic of spanish F-1's from the 11 wing!!!  Fastly pic, but excelent!!! Although the campaign is set in 2005 and by that time only F-1M's were in active duty as I really like that camo I may do an skin for the spanish F-1 and add it as an extra.

You have given me a good idea ;)

so.... by 2005 12 day attack and 5 II+?

Im sorry, i think in 1995.... in 2005 have 11 or  2 + 7 (diferent sources) upgrade to plus version, also 8 new plus version, i try to find more

another source, still 4 for upgrade

Edited by Hans Topp

Super Coupi!!!!! I've never seen a pic of spanish F-1's from the 11 wing!!!  Fastly pic, but excelent!!! Although the campaign is set in 2005 and by that time only F-1M's were in active duty as I really like that camo I may do an skin for the spanish F-1 and add it as an extra.

You have given me a good idea ;)

Check PM! hi.gif.pagespeed.ce.rwB44a-P_s.gif

By 2005, there were 4 Harriers remaining in the DA version, but weren´t part of UNAEMBs (UNidad Aérea EMBarcada, Embarked Aerial Unit) in the R-11. However, they were last deployed to fill decks with the LHD, when the 9th Escadrille had to provide harriers for 2 carrier UNAEMBs. Since the "Principe de Asturias" was decommisioned early to accomodate an smaller budget, they were stored and used for spares. Don´t know about what will be done when the next LHD is in service

Edited by macelena

I read that are withdraw, we reduce fleet from 16 to 12...

you have GOT to replace those over bright desert tiles!!! :biggrin: They're washing all the colors out of the aircraft!!!

you have GOT to replace those over bright desert tiles!!! :biggrin: They're washing all the colors out of the aircraft!!!

It is not the tileset, it is the sweet fx effect... I may change it configuration

Ok.... release just around the corner , and this is not a joke :) 

An important update of this project is under development. So , take a look to this topic during this week if you want to see more.

• Like 1

Ok here I show you   brief summary of what's coming:

1968  Spain+Portugal+USAF VS Morocco+Argelia+ Soviets

1975 Spain VS Morocco

1979 Spain+Portugal+USAF VS Morocco+Argelia+ Soviets

1986 Spain+Portugal+USAF VS Morocco+Argelia+ Soviets

2005 Spain+Portugal VS Morocco

2013 Spain+Portugal VS Morocco

And here a few pics:

14787246227_3569fdc2cf_b.jpg

14970690911_81e9efb906_b.jpg

14950815986_24c7fde98b_b.jpg

I really NEED information about USAF forces in Torrejon , that information is CRUCIAL if I don't have it the MOD won't be the same.

Edited by FRPignon
  • Like 1

What bothers me is that during the cold War, Morocco was strongly aligned with the West. Could fight Algeria, though... 

What bothers me is that during the cold War, Morocco was strongly aligned with the West. Could fight Algeria, though... 

I take note, That will cause me to create a new terrain , due to the targets.

Algeria was definitely pro soviet, Marocco a staunch ally of the western world. If a scenario takes place in a bigger war, with Soviet or US intervention, Morocco should be a western ally. 

By the way, one could also think of a 1990's scenario where the islamists were successful in their bid to power in Algeria and the new islamist Algeria invade Morocco.