Geezer

More FE Ground Objects

Hi Geezer , Wow Luv yer stuff man! ,  it' s smokin hot  , It's great to see new units for FE, what a great shot in the arm these will be
  It would be Fantastic to see them as an addition to IL2's  Dark Blue Skies 1916 Also, there are plenty of guys over at the http://www.sas1946.com/ website 
that spend all of there spare time getting  IL2 users   3dmax  models & stuff into IL2  & working for them 
I asked  Stephen a while back if he would be interested in having his models ported into IL2, as they are great and would be a great addition to the WW1 IL2 community 

Edited by gambit168

Figures, I just placed hundreds of objects all around the new Verdun terrain I'm almost done with. Now I want to replace them with this new stuff. Those hangars will look great on the medium and large airfields I made.

Figures, I just placed hundreds of objects all around the new Verdun terrain I'm almost done with. Now I want to replace them with this new stuff. Those hangars will look great on the medium and large airfields I made.

Some of the complex objects - such as hangars - will require LODs to avoid dragging down frame rates when viewed at a distance.  I'm working on the static ground figures now - see below - and will then make the LODs.  The static airfield objects should be ready soon, but the AA guns need a bit more tinkering before being released.

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

• Like 1

All ground objects, not just complex ones, require LODs, don't they?

yes

to be more specific, ALL objects require Lods!

The ground objects and figures are done.  I'm tidying up the files with simpler names and will then send LODs to Quack74 for testing.  Depending on his feedback, the stuff should be ready for release in "two weeks."   :biggrin:

• Like 1

Look at the dogs! LOLl !

• Like 1

Good work!

Would be nice to make also Figures without Hats, so they can be used Time- and Nationfree...

Some soldiers on stretchers at a field hospital. Stretcher Guy and Medic by Geezer. Great stuff. Most of his ground objects will be in my new Verdun terrain. Takes a long time to place this stuff. But well worth it in the end. There will be so much eye candy when it's done!

post-33545-0-28849700-1396909313_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Looking good!

While Quack74 is testing the WW1 airfield objects, I am working on completion of the 1930s airfield objects.  They were originally developed for the 1937-39 China air war, so the vehicles - still WIPs - are a mixture of US commercial and Japanese military types.  Second and third shots illustrate how objects from WW1 pack and 1930s pack could be combined to create realistic 1930s airfields.

• Like 3

Good work!

Would be nice to make also Figures without Hats, so they can be used Time- and Nationfree...

Not a bad idea, though it would require a new batch of figures with separate hats/caps.  I'll put it in the pile of stuff to do.

• Like 1

Been kinda busy but still managed to complete the US vehicles for the 1930s airfield objects.  Next, will do the Japanese vehicles.

• Like 4

Shots below illustrate how the WW1 and 1930s airfield objects could be combined.  The WW1 objects are being tested, and the 1930s objects will be ready for testing "soon."

• Like 3

Quack74 says he has not found any problems with the WW1 airfield objects, so I will release them this week.  Also, the Toyota GB trucks are complete as are the 1930s/40 figures.  The only differences between the WW1 figures and the 1930s/40s figures are presence/absence of cap bills and the color of the coveralls, so modders could get creative and mix the two sets for some visual variety.  The only unfinished 1930s/40s objects are two Isuzu TX40 trucks.

• Like 2

I just uploaded the WW1 ground object stuff to First Eagles objects in the DL section.  There are three packs: ground objects (buildings, tents, etc), figures, and maintenance objects.  Enjoy.

• Like 2

Fantastic, thanks Geezer!

I think the "Airfield maintenance Objects" zip file might be missing a BMP file. All of the objects in that zip file (crates, cart, ladders etc) seem to use a file called Maintenance Stuff copy.BMP, but the zip file has no file of that name (or any other BMP file).

Great objects, though.

Edited by Gatling20

Fantastic, thanks Geezer!

I think the "Airfield maintenance Objects" zip file might be missing a BMP file. All of the objects in that zip file (crates, cart, ladders etc) seem to use a file called Maintenance Stuff copy.BMP, but the zip file has no file of that name (or any other BMP file).

Great objects, though.

Yep - thanks for catching that.  I just uploaded a revision that includes the missing BMP file.

Hi ya Geezer they look fantastic 
we would love to have them in Il2 Dbw 1916 aswell   :notworthy:  hint hint 

The 1930s ground objects are nearly done - I hope to send them to Wrench for testing this week.  Also, I've posted revisions to all of the WW1 ground object DLs that should - hopefully - correct the missing artwork problems.  In one case, the .bmp files were present but the path links to the LODs were bad.  In a perfect world, this stuff would have been developed in a coherent, systematic manner.  In reality, it is a hodgepodge collection of stuff developed over several years so some of the links were obsolete.

• Like 1