Sign in to follow this  
pieisgood

Any way to give the A6 a hud?

I have made the A-6 family flyable, utilizing the A6 cockpit posted in the add on cockpit section. However, as I fly into more modern periods, the lack of a hud kind of gets on my nerves. Is there a way through INI editing or something that can allow me to give the A-6 a rudimentary hud?

That only adds bombing aids 

If you want ladders , alt / speed etc then it can be done -albeit with a bit of work.

Might be able to transfer over bits from another modded jet

No operational version of the A-6 had a Heads Up Display.

he rejects your reality and chooses to ini edit his own..........................

still news to me. i figured it would have gotten one near end of its career

They got something pretty fancy looking to stick on the dashboard towards the end, whether it was an actual HUD or just a highly digitized bombsight I don't know. But it did look to have the double paned reflecting glass like most HUD's had.

The picture of the A-6 cockpit floating around the internet with the F-14 style double paned late HUD and MFD in the BN station is of an A-6F which was never fielded. No HUD on fleet A-6E's.

Ah, ok, that explains it.

I'm torn on my feelings for the A-6F. I think it would have been an awesome aircraft and just added to what was already a nice legend for the Intruder. That being said, without the cancelation of the "F", it would not have allowed the Tomcat to show off what an excellent precision strike fighter it was and could be have been even beyond excellent had they pursued the Tomcat-21. It would be fanciful fictitious thinking to hope we lived in a world that would do both. That would just make too much sense and we can't have our government doing that. (Gggrrrrrrr!)