Sign in to follow this  
Veltro2k

Handley Page Halifax B2

Handley Page Halifax B2

Handley Page Halifax

The Handley Page Halifax was one of the four-engined heavy bombers of the Royal Air Force during the Second World War. A contemporary of the famous Avro Lancaster, the Halifax remained in service until the end of the war, performing a variety of duties in addition to bombing. The Halifax was also operated by squadrons of the Royal Canadian Air Force, Royal Australian Air Force, Free French Air Force, and Polish forces, and after the Second World War by the Royal Egyptian Air Force, the Armée de l'Air and the Royal Pakistan Air Force.

3D Model (Veltro2k)

Textures and FM (Charles)

Cockpit (Kesselbrut)

Best Sim : Thirdwire

unzip ad folders to their appropiate places...have fun

THIS MODEL IS ONLY TO BE DISTRIBUTED AS FREEWARE AND IN NO OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL IT BE USED, EVEN IN PART OF ANYTHING THAT IS PAYWARE. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COMBAT ACE MODDERS AGREEMENT

• Like 2

One of the classic British Bombers of WW2, although like so many other British Bombers of WW2 which took part in the nocturnal bombing campaign against Nazi Germany - little more than Cannon Fodder for the waiting BF-110 Nightfighters of the Luftwaffe.

Many thanks for this Veltro2K.

little more than Cannon Fodder for the waiting BF-110 Nightfighters of the Luftwaffe.

Really? I beg to differ.

You make the courage, skill and sacrifice of the men of Bomber Command sound like a complete wasted effort. OK, there were dark days early on but by mid-1943 the RAF's heavies (and the Mosquitoes of the Light Night Striking Force) were a potent force that made a major contribution to the war effort so much so that during January 1945 the daily average was 1,420 sorties. 

The two-pronged strategic bombing of Germany during WW2 (USAAF by day and RAF by night) remains controversial but I'm pretty certain that the RAF's night bomber offensive would have been sharply curtailed if the Luftwaffe's night-fighters had the upper hand to the rather glib extent you've indicated by stating that they were 'cannon fodder'.

Easy Gents!!

-----

is the /Decals folder supposed to be empty???

Great looking aircraft! And I love the weathered look of the skin - she looks like she has seen plenty of late nights over the Ruhr.

Decal folder empty for me too, though.

Edited by Gatling20

don't know how that happened but the original folder was fixed and will post the  decal folder aldo in my Veltro wip thread if you haven't downloaded  it yet

The Luftwaffe night fighters frequently found themselves being hunted by RAF night fighters, usually Mosquitos or Beaufighters. It wasn't as one-sided as you might think.