Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

SF2 Campaigns for Desert4

SF2 Campaigns for Desert4

SF2 Campaigns for Desert4 Mod Readme

This mod updates the stock SF2 campaigns to make use of Piecemeal/Centurion1's Desert4 terrain, as well as places USN and some of the USMC squadrons in those campaigns on a carrier. Additionally, if you have a merged install with SF2V, SF2E, and SF2NA, you can add F-8's and A-7's to the stock campaigns and a new 1978 campaign with A-7's, F-15's, HarrierGR3's, F-14's, and A-10's as well.

Requirements:

SF2 and SF2V (for the carriers) are required. SF2E and SF2NA are optional but recommended.

To install:

1. Install both Desert4 and the Mountain regions add-on:

http://combatace.com/files/file/14551-desert-terrain-v4/

http://combatace.com/files/file/14702-desert-4-mountain-regions-addon/

2. Drag the "campaigns" folder included in this package into your mod folder.

3. That's it!

Credits:

- Campaings by malibu43 and Homefries

I am a member of the free-ware mods group at Combatace. This may be used in any free-ware mods as long as appropriate credit is given. It may not be used in payware.

PM me with any issues.

Thanks.

malibu43

• Like 1

I have a question: could be my ignorance for being away for long time from Sf2 scene

In the campaign.ini file (the one attached is from burning sand for desert 4 ) there , for each of the flyabale squadron always UnitID=1

I checked and this is repeating overe all 6 campaigns included

Is it normal? In series 1 I remember well this would have been a serious problem in choosing flyables.

Maybe in series 2 is different? Please if time allows can I have an explanation? thank you

[CampaignData]
CampaignName=590901 Operation Burning Sands
DataFile=Campaign1_data.ini
CampaignMap=DESERT4
-------------------

[uSAFUnit001]
Squadron=7TFS
ForceID=1
UnitID=1  <----------------------------------
StartDate=09/01/1959
DescFile=Campaign1Desc.txt
StartText=Campaign1Start.txt
AircraftType=F-100D

[uSAFUnit002]
Squadron=8TFS
ForceID=1
UnitID=1 <--------------------------------
StartDate=09/01/1959
AircraftType=F-100D

[uSAFUnit003]
Squadron=9TFS
ForceID=1
UnitID=1 <--------------------------continues for all the flyables..
StartDate=09/01/1959
AircraftType=F-100D

100D

Yeah, for some reason he has every single unit in the game in the campaign.ini file. I just went through and deleted the ones I didn't need.

What you are seeing is directly copied over from the stock campaigns.  All I did was change airfield names to match Desert4 and move USN and USMC units to carriers.

I can also say, though, that it is that way intentionally and for a good reason.  It allows you to have, in this example, only one USAF F-100D unit in the campaign (as defined in the campaignx_data.ini), but give the player the option of choosing which unit/squadron it will be (as defined in campaignx.ini).  If you scroll down you'll see that other unitID's are eventually called out as well.

I believe the SF2E campaigns are done this way as well.  I also think that the SF1 and WoE campaigns were like this, but I can't remember off the top of my head.   As eburger68 pointed out, this was not correct.

Edited by malibu43

malibu43:

Actually, the SF2E and WOE campaigns aren't done that way. The correct, unique UnitIDs are called out in the main campaign .INI -- but those aren't mercenary campaigns like the SF2 campaigns.

Eric Howes

malibu43:

Actually, the SF2E and WOE campaigns aren't done that way. The correct, unique UnitIDs are called out in the main campaign .INI -- but those aren't mercenary campaigns like the SF2 campaigns.

Eric Howes

I stand corrected, then.  It's been a while since I looked at the SF2E campaigns...

Malibu, thank you very much for sharing this one.

I noticed that the campaign set in 1975 doesn't have the SF2NA F-14 which was instead added by TW (since the release of SF2NA or later by a patch, I guess) in the stock campaign.

Thanks, Blaze95. I missed that. I'll add it in an update.