About This File
This is the latest (and my final) version of the Desert terrain. After months of tweaking and testing I've come to realise that this is as good as I'm going to get it.
So thus I've decided to just release it to the masses and see how it goes....
Desert 4 is similar to Desert V.3 albeit with a few important differences:
1. MOST IMPORTANTLY!!! - This terrain has been navalised, so you'll need to have SF2:NA in order to have missions work the way they should.
As to whether this terrain will work without SF2:NA , I'm not sure and I can't guarantee it; but you're free to give it a try.
2. This terrain is based on the STOCK DESERT TERRAIN, so DON'T use the tiles from V3 as that mod is based on Polak's desert terrain. The tiles
along the coast will be totally messed up.
3. D9 and D10 Airbases are still based in the mountainous north-western region of the map. However, the problem of having AI flights crashing
into a nearby mountain soon after take-off from D10 has been solved by removing the hill in question. Huge thanks has to go to to Baffmeister
for his work with that! Credit also has to go to Baffmeister for the surface levelling and re-tiling work around those and other airbases, as
well as his work on the islands.
4. The tiles are the work of JSF_Aggie, which are a huge improvement from the stock ones. Note: the tiles within the terrain folder have been
resized to 512 X 512 pixels for better framerate performance. But for those with higher spec PCs, you can get the full size tiles in the
download section here:
5. I've used Stary's excellent Desert Ground Environment mod, which for that region of the world, brings 110% more realism to town and city
regions, with more realistic buildings and trees.
6. More target areas have been added, as well as a few more "Easter Eggs". So get flyin' and start lookin'!