Sign in to follow this  
Peugeot205

Operation Odyssey Dawn 2.0 HD Part 1

Operation Odyssey Dawn 2.0 HD Part 1

________________________________________________________________________________________________

From now on , this new update:

http://combatace.com/files/file/15169-operation-odyssey-dawn-update/

It is mandatory to be applied over this MOD.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Opération Harmattan---------Operation Ellamy---------Operation Odyssey Dawn--------Operation Freedom Falcon----------Operación Amanecer de la Odisea---------Operation Mobile

Version 2.0 HD

This is the definitive version of the original Operation Odyssey Dawn MOD. It includes a highly reworked version of the original Operation Odyssey Dawn MOD also avaible here at CA.

As it is a big package and those are usually difficult to handle by some users I'm going to explain with the higher ammount of details how to install it and how to work with it , so please guys READ this README.

1) Requirements

* A very powefull computer at LEAST with an intel core i5 and 6Gb of RAM, if not loading times will be crazy and gaming horrible as the CPU won't afford the MOD

2) Installation

* Use a CLEAN , and when I say clean it is a CLEAN MOD folder

* Path the game up to july 2013 if you don't do this the MOD won't work , so you are warned

* Drop everything you have in the 3 .rar files and when it asks you to overwrite say: YES TO ALL

* Rar files are at .rar5 format so please be sure that you use the lastest winrar version

You can also use this program if you have problems unzipping the MOD:

http://www.bandisoft.com/bandizip/

* Then everything should work

3) If you do the above things , you think that you fullfill the requirements and the MOD does not work properly, What to do?

* Any PM sent to me regarding this question WON'T BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT , because I don't want to have 12 PM's asking me the same thing in 3 different languages.

* So to solve the above point I've created a "problem template" , that you must fill and post at the file announce post of this MOD

"problem Template"

Installation you have:

Path:

Type of problem:

Campaign working (YES/NO):

Air unit of the campaign:

Plane used by the air unit

4) Weapons

They are included and based in RavenClaw's MOD so , if you miss some of them because I may have forgotten to add them just download this:

http://combatace.com/files/file/13929-weapons-pack-2/

5) Campaign

There are more assest than in the original MOD however a lower number of them will be flyable. The reason is the use of many off-map bases.

6) Credits:

"I approve of the mod"

dmtdragon

The Mirage Factory

Cocas

Dels

eburger68

ianh755

Dave

Sundowner

JSF_Anggie

Aleks1

JAT81500

Feedee

Bobrock

JeanBa

Stratos

Ice Man

Logan4

Wrench

Bongodriver

Foxmonter

DenissOliveira

Ludo.m54

Centurion-1

Coupi

Paulopanz

Marcelo

ace888

Brain32

wpnssgt

Veltro2k

Blackfish

Sordo

EricJ

Eole2

RavenClaw_007

FastCargo

Baddmeister

YEYEYE

Crusader

Sillone104

WhiteBoySamurai

frnt

Kesselbrut

I've I forgotten to mention someone , just tell me. Have fun.

FRPignon

Some guys were complaining  about the imposibilty of uncompressing the .rar files.....

1) Lastest Winrar version and when I say winrar i say WINRAR

2) I've downloanded everything and everything worked fine.

3) I've chosen the "compression" up to 1024 mb , so, if your CPU is weak it may not afford this

This is the last time I told you guys, please read the readme  in which you'll find detailed instructions on how to post in the correct topic your problems. It will make things easier and faster.

Edited by FRPignon

Agreed!

Having some problems with Italian units:

Installation you have: SF2 E & NA patched to Jul 2013
Path: ??
Type of problem: No A/G weapons available for Italian Tornado A/G campaign missions + Only Maverick Missiles available for Italian Navy Harrier, Italian Navy Harrier incomplete HUD (missing FPM, Pitch Ladder, Airspeed, Heading)
Campaign working (YES/NO): YES
Air unit of the campaign: Italian Air Force / Italian Navy
Plane used by the air unit: Tornado GRI / Harrier

Having some problems with Italian units:

Installation you have: SF2 E & NA patched to Jul 2013

Path: ??

Type of problem: No A/G weapons available for Italian Tornado A/G campaign missions + Only Maverick Missiles available for Italian Navy Harrier, Italian Navy Harrier incomplete HUD (missing FPM, Pitch Ladder, Airspeed, Heading)

Campaign working (YES/NO): YES

Air unit of the campaign: Italian Air Force / Italian Navy

Plane used by the air unit: Tornado GRI / Harrier

1) Only Maverick missiles for A/G with the Harrier it is 100% correct

2) About the tornado, it is wierd , but It could be. You should solve the problem Installing this add-ons:

http://combatace.com/files/file/12731-tornado-ecrids-pack-italian-v10/

Try this .

2) About the tornado, it is wierd , but It could be. You should solve the problem Installing this add-ons:

http://combatace.com/files/file/12731-tornado-ecrids-pack-italian-v10/

Try this .

Thanks! 

Any tips about the missing information on Harrier HUD?

In the harriers avionics.ini, check if the HUD section has the HUDMaterial  data:

[HUD]
HUDMaterial=HUDMaterial

[HUDMaterial]
EffectShaderName=fltHUD.fx
DepthBufferCheck=FALSE
DepthBufferWrite=FALSE
RenderedInOrder=FALSE
AlphaTestEnabled=TRUE
CullMode=NO_CULL
LightEnabled=FALSE
UseLightLevel=FALSE
SpecularEnabled=FALSE
EmissiveEnabled=FALSE
FogEnabled=FALSE
AmbientColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000
DiffuseColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000
ZBufferOffset=0
PriorityLevel=1
BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA
NumTextureStages=1
TextureStage[01].TextureName=
TextureStage[01].MipMap=FALSE
TextureStage[01].FilterEnabled=TRUE
TextureStage[01].StageColorOp=TEXTURE_MODULATE_DIFFUSE
TextureStage[01].StageAlphaOp=TEXTURE_MODULATE_DIFFUSE

If the BOLD marked lines are missing, copy & paste the data into the avionics ini , you can also refer to another avionics ini

of an aircraft which has a working HUD

It's fine thanks...I am having some issues more, and I preferred to switch back to ODS...

Thanks anyway!

It's fine thanks...I am having some issues more, and I preferred to switch back to ODS...

Thanks anyway!

What kind of issues?  please tell me , because if you don't tell me what is not working properly in your installation I won't be able to improve the add-on in the future.

Edited by FRPignon

What kind of issues?  please tell me , because if you don't tell me what is not working properly in your installation I won't be able to improve the add-on in the future.

I downloaded the two add-on you mentioned above, installed and had same problems...actually even more. I.E. Tornado was still showing with no A/G weapons availability during Campaign and received a mission to destroy a building (and you'll understand that only in the movies you can destroy a building with an A/A missile :) !). Then I tried back the Italian Harrier and despite I selected the Mavericks, on starting the mission they were not shown under the wings...

Fact is that maybe there is come incompatibility issue, because before I had the SF2E only, updated to July 2013, I tried to install also SF2NA on it to allow Odyssey Down and got the message that installation was not possible because the game was already updated to a newer version...So to avoid re-starting the whole installation process  (I had bad experience in the past where uninstalling/re-installing the same game with the same updates was not working anymore) I made a new installation on another folder (renamed ThirdWire 2). So probably the system cannot recognize the two different installations and mixes up settings.

I just have a curiosity...what happens if I install the mod with only SF2 E installed?

Stolen the HUD Settings from the Harrier of a pack downloadable on this site...working now! Thanks for the tip...!

Now next improvements you shall do is avvoiding enemy airplanes taking off from the ground w/o runway...and more sounds!

U sure about this? Been reading some posts around and I found out that the Italian Navy AV8 Plus also loaded:

GBU-12, GBU-16, GBU-24/EGBU-24, GBU-32, GBU-38, GBU-48, GBU-32 JDAM, AGM-88 HARM and Storm Shadow

Plus the A/A AMRAAM (in the MOD only Sidewinder is available) 

Since all the weapons are there, just let me know how to add more weapons to the Plane in the Campaign...I found quite interesting playing in .ini files to adjust the mod as much close to reality as possible!

U sure about this? Been reading some posts around and I found out that the Italian Navy AV8 Plus also loaded:

GBU-12, GBU-16, GBU-24/EGBU-24, GBU-32, GBU-38, GBU-48, GBU-32 JDAM, AGM-88 HARM and Storm Shadow

Plus the A/A AMRAAM (in the MOD only Sidewinder is available) 

Since all the weapons are there, just let me know how to add more weapons to the Plane in the Campaign...I found quite interesting playing in .ini files to adjust the mod as much close to reality as possible!

Never mind...solved by my own, weapons are not showing because simply they're not including in the Campaign data.ini campaign starting supply. Added all of them (also AI versions of GBU's for the wingman) and everything's working more than fine... Merci FRPignon!  :airplane:

Never mind...solved by my own, weapons are not showing because simply they're not including in the Campaign data.ini campaign starting supply. Added all of them (also AI versions of GBU's for the wingman) and everything's working more than fine... Merci FRPignon!  :airplane:

I could not answer you because I did not have time. But don't worry Ironbostik because I'm working in a new campaign file that will correct all these bugs. It will be avaible today or tomorrow. And It will also make the MOD compatible with any standalone SF2 installation so that you can ejoy it without having SFNA.

I could not answer you because I did not have time. But don't worry Ironbostik because I'm working in a new campaign file that will correct all these bugs. It will be avaible today or tomorrow. And It will also make the MOD compatible with any standalone SF2 installation so that you can ejoy it without having SFNA.

Is fine...I silved the Harrier issues with HUD and Weapons...solved the issue with some units (especially enemy) sounds...now I only need to fix the "missing runways" and missing targets (yesterday I fired a JDAM on an invisible fuel tank!).

Is fine...I silved the Harrier issues with HUD and Weapons...solved the issue with some units (especially enemy) sounds...now I only need to fix the "missing runways" and missing targets (yesterday I fired a JDAM on an invisible fuel tank!).

There are not missing runways, It is a visual effect due to the tiles. So try to forget about it. Missing targets are really weird as I've been flying this terrain many years and I've never attacked any empty target. Anyway, it was not me who made that terrain. And It is also the first time I heard about problems with the enemy units as they always worked properly at my installation.

Edited by FRPignon

There are not missing runways, It is a visual effect due to the tiles. So try to forget about it. Missing targets are really weird as I've been flying this terrain many years and I've never attacked any empty target. Anyway, it was not me who made that terrain. And It is also the first time I heard about problems with the enemy units as they always worked properly at my installation.

solved the issue with runways as well...and no more invisible targets...now I am really starting to enjoy it! Still some more improvement have to be done...but is much much better!

Just curious - I'm having the same problem (I think) that you might have regarding the weapons not showing up in the Odyssey Dawn campaign. I have the weapons pack installed, but I read a post where you said there were some entries missing from the campaign.ini starting inventory? Can you point me to what I need to do to modify that to get the proper availability of weapons for the campaign? Other than than, I think I have everything working properly..

Regards!

BeachAV8R

Just curious - I'm having the same problem (I think) that you might have regarding the weapons not showing up in the Odyssey Dawn campaign. I have the weapons pack installed, but I read a post where you said there were some entries missing from the campaign.ini starting inventory? Can you point me to what I need to do to modify that to get the proper availability of weapons for the campaign? Other than than, I think I have everything working properly..

Regards!

BeachAV8R

Download and install the main package that consists on 3 files and after installing them , download and install this update:

http://combatace.com/files/file/15169-operation-odyssey-dawn-update/

Everything should work after that

Hmm.. Yes, I downloaded the update and did over-write the files, but the ordnance choices seem extremely limited.  For the US Navy Harrier the only things you can load are Sidewinders and Mavericks. For the AMX - the only things available are the Sidewinder and Mavericks. For the Grippen, the only item is the IRIS-T. The Tornado has a few more weapons, but only the  BOZ-107, Sidewinder, and fuel tank can be loaded. So are these historically accurate (highly limited) load-outs or something? Or is my weapons inventory or availability messed up or something? Apologies if I'm being dense.. <g>

BeachAV8R

Also (sorry for being high maintenance) is it possible to fly the Rafale-M from a carrier - or does it always start airborne?

* Edit - And the Harrier seems to sink through the ship?

Man..that terrain (cities and stuff) really looks fantastic!

Edited by beachav8r

So are these historically accurate (highly limited) load-outs or something? Or is my weapons inventory or availability messed up or something? Apologies if I'm being dense.. <g>

BeachAV8R

That's it. If you don't like this weapons limitation, do the following:

Open the file called: Operation_OD_Data.ini

And then set this statement to FALSE at the start of the campaign code:

[CampaignData]
StartDate=03/19/2011
StartTime=15:15
StartDateDeviation=0
EndDate=10/14/2011
RunCampaignBeforePlayerStart=FALSE
ForceWithInitiative=1
NavalCampaign=TRUE
SurpriseAttack=FALSE
MaxMissions=60
NormalMissionRate=3
NormalMissionRateDeviation=1
OffensiveMissionRate=1
OffensiveMissionRateDeviation=1
LimitedSupplyList=TRUE ----------------------------------------------------------------------------  Write FALSE here instead of TRUE
StartScreen=Operation_OD_start.jpg
CampaignBaseScreen=Operation_OD_Base.jpg
CampaignStartMusic=
CampaignEndWinScreen=ODWin.jpg
CampaignWinMusic=
CampaignEndLoseScreen=ODLose.jpg
CampaignLoseMusic=
CampaignEndStallScreen=ODLose.jpg
CampaignEndWinText=ODWin.txt
CampaignEndLoseText=ODLose.txt
CampaignEndStallText=ODStall.txt

And with this trick you can have all the weapons you want.

Also (sorry for being high maintenance) is it possible to fly the Rafale-M from a carrier - or does it always start airborne?

* Edit - And the Harrier seems to sink through the ship?

Man..that terrain (cities and stuff) really looks fantastic!

Ok, about the Harrier and the Rafale , just tell me if you are using the campaign with NA features, or the normal campaign. And then, I'll be able to give you a solution.

Yes the terrain is great, It was originally made by Wrench but I re-tile it using JSF_angee tile sets, and now it looks amazing!!

Thanks FRPignon - For both the Harrier and Rafale I'm using the North Atlantic features...

Regards,

Chris

indeed, FR did a HELL of a job on the terrain!!