whiteknight06604

Good idea or bad?

Since it was just the 100 year anniversary of the start of the first world war i was wondering if we could get a sticky thread going where people cane post WW2 articles and pics in "real" time as the war went on. So that the thread in 4 years will read like a chronology of the war? Also post screenshots of WWI games as long as they fit roughly into the time frame of that day 100 years ago.

Edited by whiteknight06604
  • Like 4

Cool idea, but rather difficult to keep goin over the same timespan i'm afraid

If you're talkin here on site. Daily checkup on Jonathans site would be good for as long as interest held

Edited by daddyairplanes

Don't have to be perfect. I think what he means is whenever one of US wants to put up a WWI related date reminder that we can replicated with one of the games.

Hope the admins read here, so i can follow :D

• Like 1

Other than the obvious "facts" I would know from the media, school, and a few personal studies, I know next to nothing about WWI. Airplanes and pilots, tons due to personal interest. Naval tech and battles, barely even a basic history despite my love of ships. Land warfare? A little bit about the history of tanks, trench warfare, and chemical weapons. That is not a lot for a war that was easily as important and eventually led to WWII. Korea is considered the forgotten war by many veterans, but I know a lot more about Korea than World War I. I guess I should learn more, but I can't know everything and really enjoy studying more recent conflicts with a much greater focus on air power. Interestingly enough, I know a lot more about the War of 1812 than World War I... love the early US Navy history. 

We do, Enoc, and it's an awesome idea!

Thanks man! you are the best!!!