Sign in to follow this  

Midway-Class Aircraft Carrier SCB-110

I proudly present you the well-known Midway-Class Aircraft Carrier SCB-110

What's in?

1) An accurate model of the Midway class aircraft carrier under the SCB-110 upgrade fully compatible with SF2NA standards

2) Updated campaign files for SF2 Vietnam adding this new carrier

Requirements:

Any stand-alone SF2 installation , although , SF2 NA and SF2 Vietnam are recommended.

Installation:

Just Drag it to the MOD folder and when it says overwrite , say yes to all.

Credrits:

Original 3D model: CJLivesey

3D Model modifications: FRPignon

Textures: CJLivesey, FRPignon and TK

HD textures: MigBuster

Data.ini: FRPignon and KJakker

Guns: KJakker

Have fun

FRPignon

• Like 2

Bravo my friend!

Cool!

Hey, sorry - it took me some time to find the time for download...

Now I run into questions:

I already copied the carrier to the Objects-folder.

Now the only other thing I thought would be needed (without copying your whole Campaign-folder) is to change the "CAMPAIGNV1_DATA" and overwrite "CarrierType=CVA-63" with "CarrierType=CV-43" for the new carriers to make the game look for them in the Ground Objects. But this (alone) doesn't work...

What else do I have to do to make them appear?

The campaign file is already included in the rar file. You just have to drag all the contents from the .rar file into your MOD folder , and when it says overwrite , just press "yes to all" and it is done.

You don't have to write anything.

Edited by FRPignon

Merci, FRPignon, and sorry for my deviating your instructions...

I didn't want to overwrite any of my modded (an older version of eburger's SF2V-Vietnam Expansion pack) Campaign - or will there be no influence? What's the basis of your CampaignV1?

Mercin encore une fois

Oliver

Got it working: I needed to change CARRIERTYPE from CVA-63 to CV-43 in all my Campaign_DATA not just CampaignV1 (which I did not use when checking)! 

Many thanks again - now getting Big E as well would be GRRRREEEAAAT! :air_kiss:

Merci, FRPignon, and sorry for my deviating your instructions...

I didn't want to overwrite any of my modded (an older version of eburger's SF2V-Vietnam Expansion pack) Campaign - or will there be no influence? What's the basis of your CampaignV1?

Mercin encore une fois

Oliver

My basis for the CampaignV1 is the original campaign , so you did it right changing the name of the carrier. When I answered you I did not know what campaign you were using because you did not tell me that you were using the expantion pack campaign. Anyway you make it work, and this is the key.

Edited by FRPignon

Yes - it's really great to have these "old boats" in game as well, now! Thanks...

One thing, I stumbled over when finishing one mission yesterday: I let the autopilot bring down my Phantom back to Coral Sea. The aircraft was decelerating way beyond the landing zone, "hanging in the air" in front of the angled deck before coming to a stop...

Can it be that the game still "thinks/calculates" the angled deck is longer (CVA-63) than it "really" is (CVA-43)? Could this be corrected by some ini.tweaking, maybe?

Cool, if you could find a solution to this.

Bonne journee

Oliver

Yes - it's really great to have these "old boats" in game as well, now! Thanks...

One thing, I stumbled over when finishing one mission yesterday: I let the autopilot bring down my Phantom back to Coral Sea. The aircraft was decelerating way beyond the landing zone, "hanging in the air" in front of the angled deck before coming to a stop...

Can it be that the game still "thinks/calculates" the angled deck is longer (CVA-63) than it "really" is (CVA-43)? Could this be corrected by some ini.tweaking, maybe?

Cool, if you could find a solution to this.

Bonne journee

Oliver

That's really odd. Try a manual landing everything should be fine.

I am using this mod in a stand alone SF2 NA install with the ODS mod and I added it into the campaign and a flyable FA-18 Squadron. As soon as it loads the aircraft explodes on the flight deck. Any ideas why?

I am using this mod in a stand alone SF2 NA install with the ODS mod and I added it into the campaign and a flyable FA-18 Squadron. As soon as it loads the aircraft explodes on the flight deck. Any ideas why?

You made a mistake with the campaign editing. By the way this version of the Midway was not used during the gulf war.

Edited by FRPignon

You made a mistake with the campaign editing. By the way this version of the Midway was not used during the gulf war.

quite correct.  Midway was converted to the SCB 101 configuration in 1970 and was the only one so configured. 

Yeah I know it wasn't used in DS but its the only one I found So I figured id use it

Yeah I know it wasn't used in DS but its the only one I found So I figured id use it

Did you get it work? Could you please show us here the code of both the flyable unit and the naval unit?

Edited by FRPignon

flying a few approaches to this it occurs to me the wires are too far aft.  They should be further forward.

Every flight I've done, I've never been able to trap aboard this carrier. I always touch down at about 140 knots, but the arrestor wires do next to nothing, and my aircraft veers hard to the right and either smashes into the island or flies off the deck. I've done so many traps in SF2 over the years, yet I can't seem to manage this one. Is there something wrong with the model?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Nyghtfall

View File SF2 Scooters! Vol.3 Skinpack for TW A-4
      Scooters! Vol.3 Skinpack for Thirdwire A-4 Skyhawks by Nyghtfall v1.0
      =======================================================

*** SF2, SF2V required. Tested in full 5-merged installation ***
      *** DLC 019 A-4L for 1 Skin ***

For this pack I used a somewhat different approach. While playing campaigns, your plane gets upgraded from time to time or the plane changes to a new variant. So I did skins for the upgradepath of some squadrons, that flew in Rolling Thunder Campaign in addition to the ones I already did for the following: VA-153 Blue Tail Flies (2 more in Redux), VA-155 Silver Foxes (completly new) and VA-192 Golden Dragons (2 more in Redux). VA-56 Champions is completely new and included upon special request. And last but not least I did 2 special skins for VMA-142 just for fun and these are included too.

This pack contains new skins
      - VA-56 Champions, USS Ticonderoga, 9/1965 to 5/1966 for A-4E_65
      - VA-56 Champions, USS Enterprise, 11/1966 to 7/1967 for A-4C_65
      - VA-56 Champions, USS Enterprise, 1/1968 to 6/1968 for A-4E_65
      - VA-153 Blue Tail Flies, USS Coral Sea, 7/1967 to 4/1968 for A-4E_65
      - VA-155 Silver Foxes, USS Coral Sea, 12/1964 to 11/1965 for A-4E and A-4E_65
      - VA-155 Silver Foxes, USS Constellation, 10/1966 to 12/1966 for A-4E_65
      - VA-155 Silver Foxes, USS Constellation, 5/1966 for 9/1966 for A-4E_65 (experimental camouflage)
      - VA-155 Silver Foxes, USS Coral Sea, 7/1967 to 4/1968 for A-4E_65
      - VA-192 Golden Dragons, USS Bon Homme Richard, 4/1965 to 1/1966 for A-4C and A-4C_65
      - VA-192 Golden Dragons, US Ticonderoga, 12/1967 to 8/1968 for A-4F

and just for fun:
      - VMA-142 Flying Gators, NAS Jacksonville, Florida in their '76 Bicentennial Aniversary scheme for A-4F_74 and A-4L

Hangarscreens are included in 1920x1080 resolution as default and 1024x768 as optional.

As always, feel free to read the readme and have fun with the skins!

Sources
      =======
      - Scooter! The Douglas A-4 Skyhawk Story, Crécy 2011
      - US Navy and Marine Corpse A-4 Units Of Vietnam War - Osprey Combat Aircraft Vol. 69
      - A-4 Skyhawk Association, http://a4skyhawk.org/
      - GoNavy.jp
      - Airliners.net
      - Google in general

Installation
      ============
      1. unzip to a temporary folder
      2. open "Put_Content_In_Your_Mod folder" and do as you were told, if asked to overwrite, say 'yes' :P
      3. enjoy!

If VMA-142 Squadron is missing in the loadout screen, you should add the following lines in the squadronlist.ini ("<mod>\pilotdata"-folder) with XXX changed to the next free number:

[squadronXXX]
      Name=VMA142
      DisplayName=VMA-142 'Flying Gators'
      Nation=USMC

Credits
      =======
      - Thirdwire and TK for a great game, models and the cockpit-parts I used.
      - Old Diego - usnpilot02 from his Diego's Pilot Pack
      - Alejandro - escapac seat
      - ???? - J52-Engine-Sound
      - me - all skins, decals, loadingscreens, ini-work, higher resolution skin for rockeye-cbu

Please PM me, if I forgot someone!

Thanks
      ======
      - mue for his great LODViewer, which was a big help while creating the camos and placing stuff!
      - all modders at CombatAce for their work and inspiration!

P.S.
      ====
      If you have any problems with this skin or have suggestions and hints, feel free to PM me.

12_07_2015
      Submitter Nyghtfall Submitted 07/12/2015 Category A-4  
    • By Nyghtfall
      Scooters! Vol.3 Skinpack for Thirdwire A-4 Skyhawks by Nyghtfall v1.0
      =======================================================

*** SF2, SF2V required. Tested in full 5-merged installation ***
      *** DLC 019 A-4L for 1 Skin ***

For this pack I used a somewhat different approach. While playing campaigns, your plane gets upgraded from time to time or the plane changes to a new variant. So I did skins for the upgradepath of some squadrons, that flew in Rolling Thunder Campaign in addition to the ones I already did for the following: VA-153 Blue Tail Flies (2 more in Redux), VA-155 Silver Foxes (completly new) and VA-192 Golden Dragons (2 more in Redux). VA-56 Champions is completely new and included upon special request. And last but not least I did 2 special skins for VMA-142 just for fun and these are included too.

This pack contains new skins
      - VA-56 Champions, USS Ticonderoga, 9/1965 to 5/1966 for A-4E_65
      - VA-56 Champions, USS Enterprise, 11/1966 to 7/1967 for A-4C_65
      - VA-56 Champions, USS Enterprise, 1/1968 to 6/1968 for A-4E_65
      - VA-153 Blue Tail Flies, USS Coral Sea, 7/1967 to 4/1968 for A-4E_65
      - VA-155 Silver Foxes, USS Coral Sea, 12/1964 to 11/1965 for A-4E and A-4E_65
      - VA-155 Silver Foxes, USS Constellation, 10/1966 to 12/1966 for A-4E_65
      - VA-155 Silver Foxes, USS Constellation, 5/1966 for 9/1966 for A-4E_65 (experimental camouflage)
      - VA-155 Silver Foxes, USS Coral Sea, 7/1967 to 4/1968 for A-4E_65
      - VA-192 Golden Dragons, USS Bon Homme Richard, 4/1965 to 1/1966 for A-4C and A-4C_65
      - VA-192 Golden Dragons, US Ticonderoga, 12/1967 to 8/1968 for A-4F

and just for fun:
      - VMA-142 Flying Gators, NAS Jacksonville, Florida in their '76 Bicentennial Aniversary scheme for A-4F_74 and A-4L

Hangarscreens are included in 1920x1080 resolution as default and 1024x768 as optional.

As always, feel free to read the readme and have fun with the skins!

Sources
      =======
      - Scooter! The Douglas A-4 Skyhawk Story, Crécy 2011
      - US Navy and Marine Corpse A-4 Units Of Vietnam War - Osprey Combat Aircraft Vol. 69
      - A-4 Skyhawk Association, http://a4skyhawk.org/
      - GoNavy.jp
      - Airliners.net
      - Google in general

Installation
      ============
      1. unzip to a temporary folder
      2. open "Put_Content_In_Your_Mod folder" and do as you were told, if asked to overwrite, say 'yes' :P
      3. enjoy!

If VMA-142 Squadron is missing in the loadout screen, you should add the following lines in the squadronlist.ini ("<mod>\pilotdata"-folder) with XXX changed to the next free number:

[squadronXXX]
      Name=VMA142
      DisplayName=VMA-142 'Flying Gators'
      Nation=USMC

Credits
      =======
      - Thirdwire and TK for a great game, models and the cockpit-parts I used.
      - Old Diego - usnpilot02 from his Diego's Pilot Pack
      - Alejandro - escapac seat
      - ???? - J52-Engine-Sound
      - me - all skins, decals, loadingscreens, ini-work, higher resolution skin for rockeye-cbu

Please PM me, if I forgot someone!

Thanks
      ======
      - mue for his great LODViewer, which was a big help while creating the camos and placing stuff!
      - all modders at CombatAce for their work and inspiration!

P.S.
      ====
      If you have any problems with this skin or have suggestions and hints, feel free to PM me.

12_07_2015
    • By Peugeot205
      I proudly present you the well-known Midway-Class Aircraft Carrier SCB-110

What's in?

1) An accurate model of the Midway class aircraft carrier under the SCB-110 upgrade fully compatible with SF2NA standards
      2) Updated campaign files for SF2 Vietnam adding this new carrier

Requirements:

Any stand-alone SF2 installation , although , SF2 NA and SF2 Vietnam are recommended.

Installation:

Just Drag it to the MOD folder and when it says overwrite , say yes to all.

Credrits:

Original 3D model: CJLivesey
      3D Model modifications: FRPignon
      Textures: CJLivesey, FRPignon and TK
      HD textures: MigBuster
      Data.ini: FRPignon and KJakker
      Guns: KJakker

Have fun

FRPignon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..