About This File
Scooters! Vol.3 Skinpack for Thirdwire A-4 Skyhawks by Nyghtfall v1.0
*** SF2, SF2V required. Tested in full 5-merged installation ***
*** DLC 019 A-4L for 1 Skin ***
For this pack I used a somewhat different approach. While playing campaigns, your plane gets upgraded from time to time or the plane changes to a new variant. So I did skins for the upgradepath of some squadrons, that flew in Rolling Thunder Campaign in addition to the ones I already did for the following: VA-153 Blue Tail Flies (2 more in Redux), VA-155 Silver Foxes (completly new) and VA-192 Golden Dragons (2 more in Redux). VA-56 Champions is completely new and included upon special request. And last but not least I did 2 special skins for VMA-142 just for fun and these are included too.
This pack contains new skins
- VA-56 Champions, USS Ticonderoga, 9/1965 to 5/1966 for A-4E_65
- VA-56 Champions, USS Enterprise, 11/1966 to 7/1967 for A-4C_65
- VA-56 Champions, USS Enterprise, 1/1968 to 6/1968 for A-4E_65
- VA-153 Blue Tail Flies, USS Coral Sea, 7/1967 to 4/1968 for A-4E_65
- VA-155 Silver Foxes, USS Coral Sea, 12/1964 to 11/1965 for A-4E and A-4E_65
- VA-155 Silver Foxes, USS Constellation, 10/1966 to 12/1966 for A-4E_65
- VA-155 Silver Foxes, USS Constellation, 5/1966 for 9/1966 for A-4E_65 (experimental camouflage)
- VA-155 Silver Foxes, USS Coral Sea, 7/1967 to 4/1968 for A-4E_65
- VA-192 Golden Dragons, USS Bon Homme Richard, 4/1965 to 1/1966 for A-4C and A-4C_65
- VA-192 Golden Dragons, US Ticonderoga, 12/1967 to 8/1968 for A-4F
and just for fun:
- VMA-142 Flying Gators, NAS Jacksonville, Florida in their '76 Bicentennial Aniversary scheme for A-4F_74 and A-4L
Hangarscreens are included in 1920x1080 resolution as default and 1024x768 as optional.
As always, feel free to read the readme and have fun with the skins!
- Scooter! The Douglas A-4 Skyhawk Story, Crécy 2011
- US Navy and Marine Corpse A-4 Units Of Vietnam War - Osprey Combat Aircraft Vol. 69
- A-4 Skyhawk Association, http://a4skyhawk.org/
- Google in general
1. unzip to a temporary folder
2. open "Put_Content_In_Your_Mod folder" and do as you were told, if asked to overwrite, say 'yes' :P
If VMA-142 Squadron is missing in the loadout screen, you should add the following lines in the squadronlist.ini ("<mod>\pilotdata"-folder) with XXX changed to the next free number:
DisplayName=VMA-142 'Flying Gators'
- Thirdwire and TK for a great game, models and the cockpit-parts I used.
- Old Diego - usnpilot02 from his Diego's Pilot Pack
- Alejandro - escapac seat
- ???? - J52-Engine-Sound
- me - all skins, decals, loadingscreens, ini-work, higher resolution skin for rockeye-cbu
Please PM me, if I forgot someone!
- mue for his great LODViewer, which was a big help while creating the camos and placing stuff!
- all modders at CombatAce for their work and inspiration!
If you have any problems with this skin or have suggestions and hints, feel free to PM me.
What's New in Version 1.0
- -initial release