UK_Widowmaker

Well deserved

Pakistani teenager and Indian children’s rights activist beat Edward Snowden, Chelsea Manning, the Pope and Vladimir Putin to the prestigious prize 

What exactly are the required criteria to be nominated?

Craig

• Like 1

Wait, Snowden and Putin for the Nobel of Peace ?! Why not Klaus Fuchs and Stalin for 1951 Peace prize.

• Like 1

Due to budget restraints, the nominating committee had to give up champagne and drink rotgut through the night.

The only real contenders are the winners and the Pope, and given how the current Pope is i thinks he's perfectly pleased with the results.

Withe the others, the crossdresser, the weasel and the dictator. Sounds like a movie or begginning of a joke

Edited by daddyairplanes

back at uni, I was tutoring a student in a classroom, and near time up, a quite "liberal" professor entered to get ready for his upcoming class. We talked about Peace®© Prise, and he said that teh Yasser Arafats was a Great Hero or something like that, proven by Arafats winning the Peace Prize. I said it was nothing but global banking politics, as Henry Kissenger had also won the same prize. Professor said, totally stumped, yea I had a point.

The student I was tutoring witnessed this, and it was the most important lesson learned that day.

yea, Malala :thumbs~up: !!!

• Like 1

The Nobel Peace Price is worth nothing. The intention was to award this price to the one who had done the most important effort for peace in the last year.

But since decades it is awarded to people who pissed some unloved other peoples leg. For instance Walesa. He had done nothing for peace, but pissed the commies leg. For instance Obama, he had done nothing for peace but pissed Bushs leg. For instance the EU ..... Eh "Fuck EU"

Edited by Gepard

Way back when Yasser Arafat was Time magazine's " Man of the Year ", I knew it was all over at that point. Sad.

I cannont believe how uch our country has changed since I was a kid. The future is not bright IMO, although

never give up. May not be too late to turn things around I hope. Nobel Peace Prize is meaningless today.

Time's Man of the Year was never a popularity contest, it was about who was the biggest story of the year, had the biggest impact. It's not supposed to be an award that's necessarily positive, more a "you should pay attention to this person" award, for good or ill.

Well, regardless of your cynicism about the Nobel Peace Prize...you still have to admire this young woman for her courage surely?