Wrench

GoG did it again!

Edited by JonathanRL

anyone get dark forces and if so anyone can get the graphics unpixeled. i tried playing with configurator and still nothing. its like playing from the 80's.

No, that's the engine. It's from 1995, they still used sprites then. Not until Quake the following year did they switch to polys.

Now someone could take a game like Quake or Unreal and do a DF TC for it, recreating all the maps and such, but no one has to my knowledge.

There was some TC project of Dark Forces and Dark Forces II under Jedi Academy engine, but they never really progressed. 

XWA Upgrade has now released the XWA Upgrade Pack for the GoG.com version.

It looks so freecking awesome!

Sweet!

There was some TC project of Dark Forces and Dark Forces II under Jedi Academy engine, but they never really progressed.

Those are a set of games (DF, JK, MotS, JA) that could benefit from the remastered treatment. Modern engine, same gameplay and atmosphere.

FC

And the next round was released. Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, Republic Commando, and Starfighter. Never played Starfighter or Jedi Knight (but would love to). Republic Commando is a great FPS. Lots of fun, lots of atmosphere. 

XWA Upgrade has now released the XWA Upgrade Pack for the GoG.com version.

It looks so freecking awesome!

It seems it does not work and the patches are now "offline" :(

I was able to get the upgrade working, but I also had a copy of the disk to use. I reckon they'll get a fix up soon enough. Because it looks absolutely amazing with the upgrade. 

-- Collector's CD-ROM editions of: Star Wars™ X-Wing and Star Wars™ TIE-Fighter. The space-flight simulators finally become complete exclusively on GOG.com. The Collectors Edition, often considered the absolute re-release, combines upgraded graphics with the classic MUSE sound system, and a refined flight engine. It's a free upgrade to all of you that own it, and comes with every new purchase as well.

Oh hell yes.