Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

What Enemy Skill Level setting do most play at?

Just wondering what enemy skill level do most play at when not in campaign mode?  I have mine set to 'Normal' as 'Hard' seems unrealistic.   If I have a bombing run with only two aircraft in my flight if makes no since I'm pounded on by 7-8 aircraft from different directions (counter measures don't seem to work either with enemy missiles at this level).  Flying Nap of the Earth should shield me for the most part from enemy radar but it doesn't.  In the real world for a bombing run I'd have more elements watching my back or jamming radar.  You'd have a cover flight, Jamming Flight, and a SEAD flight.  I know some of this is too much to ask when not in campaign mode but since I haven't got around to editing things so my F/A-18C series, Super Hornet, and freeware F14 work in campaign mode I've been flying the canned missions for practice.  'Normal' mode seems too easy.  Maybe I'm just used to my days with Falcon 4 (when I used to be into it years ago) that I'm expecting too much.  Plus my days in the real Navy I know exactly what a mission calls for when going on a Reconnaissance run or Strike.  Just asking as some of this stuff seems like Mission Impossible with only two aircraft deep into enemy territory with no cover.

I saw a utility that adds a mission creator (not editor) to SF2. I use 'SF2: NA', is it possible to use that utility in this version?  I'd love to create my own custom missions in SF2.

Thx. 

Edited by Dillon

I play on Normal. But I also wonder what is the difference between Easy/Normal/Hard in general and especialy with enemy pilots.

Dillion

You can get the mission editor if you buy the SF2E Expansion pack. So if you have SF2E, get that pack and its worth the price of admission.

Dillion

You can get the mission editor if you buy the SF2E Expansion pack. So if you have SF2E, get that pack and its worth the price of admission.

So I need to get SF2 then the SF2 Expansion pack, from there it will work with SF2: NA?

• Like 1

Skill levels can be set by individual aircraft type, and by nation. In the FMs I penned up for the KAW add on, for example, I set both the MiG-15bis and the F-86s at veteran (minimum) to ace settings. This makes for some wild dogfights.

So I need to get SF2 then the SF2 Expansion pack, from there it will work with SF2: NA?

Since it merges by default, it will work with all SF2 titles.

• Like 1

IIRC, Easy/Normal/Hard AI changes the ratio of bad, average and veteran pilots among the Blues and the Reds.

You don't want Hard because in addition to making the enemies more competent it makes your wingmen idiots and once you run out of pilots the campaign is over.

• Like 1

IIRC, Easy/Normal/Hard AI changes the ratio of bad, average and veteran pilots among the Blues and the Reds.

You don't want Hard because in addition to making the enemies more competent it makes your wingmen idiots and once you run out of pilots the campaign is over.

I think that applies to single missions - in a campaign the VPAF have noticeably poorly trained pilots on the top settings - this is defined by the experience and morale of the squadron I believe.

Your wingmen do also improve if you keep them alive long enough to get their stats up.