Dave

What Other Games Are You Playing?

I do play Wargame Red Dragon and Payday 2, sometimes.

I've just bought Wings Over Europe on Steam, and it's my first jet simulator I ever tryed to play, i'm having a blast!

Also, first post here!

Hi all:)

Simulations

Silent Hunters (All the series) + Mods

IL2 & derivatives

FreeFalcon & Falcon BMS

RTS

Company of Heroes v1 with Blitzkrieg Mod

Steam and Iron

@Eole2 FreeFalcon :shok: What happened after they moved source code to github?....

Nothing all this thing is dead remain only BMS Team now (at the old good times I've work with the two)

The good things they've got the source code ..

the bad things 2 Team = 2 EXE files (Viper & BMS)

the Falcon 4.0 development took more than 4 years with a  professional Coder team  (more than 50 people 5 core & other little hands) 1.2 M copies were sold but not enough to cover the development cost that's kill MICROPROSE.

imagine now you want to modify this program with one or two professional coders in RL but who did it on their free time without any comments or help in the source = very slow & hard progress ... and this is only for the coding part

Edited by Eole2

Nothing all this thing is dead remain only BMS Team now (at the old good times I've work with the two)

eh hey Eole2 what was your username at BMS/FF? I flew Falcon a lot and coulda probably saw you on the forums:)

As for FF yeah iirc they disbanded shortly after BMS got released and the github project apparently hasn't been updated for half a year.. Not a coder here ofc but did get into the BMS dev forums eventually and realised it was indeed very very slow (to begin with...)

Edited by Do335

Eole at FF and BMS (the old one) forums Inactive for while ... my last post was made 5 years ago you know RL

• Like 1

my last post was made 5 years ago you know RL

Same here about 4 years... Perhaps twas indeed a bit long now.. Never knew what happened, one day stopped and just never went back. Maybe finally got everything outta her. Anyway..

Edited by Do335

Mainly Micro Soft's CFS3 and all it's versions,( 8 installs),OFF2,LocOn and looking to get the whole Third Wire older set . Currently using a  XP rig but will be building a new one soon with Win 7.Not interested in anything other than combat flight sims !!

• Panzer Elite Action
  • First Eagles
  • IL2 Sturmovik
  • Quake 3 Arena
  • F.E.A.R.
  • Delta Force
  • Silent Hunter 3 and 4
  • Call of Duty 2

I usually try to get hold of demos first before I actually purchase a game, just to see if I like it. There are loads of downloadable demos out there to chose from............

SF2

Prepar3d

Assetto Corsa

FC2-----but I rarely use it

Arma3-----just learning it, and it needs much more effort than I've been able to give it

Anyone else here took the plunge on GTAV? I feel like a sucker for buing a AAA game (almost) on release day, but I love open world sandbox/ life simulator type things and it proved too hard to resist. My nick FinCenturion101, feel free to add me. The MP seems cool.