Just a quick shot below - progress is slow due to holiday stuff.  Have been in touch with Baffmeister.  He is doing an outstanding job trying to integrate the FM performance of the Gladiator, CR42, and Hurricane MK1 so AI combat resembles the historical record. 

For example, the CR42 was not as maneuverable as the Gladiator, but had better climb and dive.  Experienced Italian pilots used boom and zoom tactics - in a biplane!  Anyway, Baff over-emphasized the Glad's turn ability - at the expense of speed - and now has to revise and tweak because the Glad is too slow.

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

• Like 1

Very accurate fighter! :hyper:

Thanks.  MK1 progress shots below.  Been having problems with the MK2's reflector sight, so I'm focused on the MK1 'til I figure out what the problem is.

• Like 2

Got a fair amount of work done today.

• Like 1

Slowly getting the complex fuselage panels to look like something.

More progress shots.  LloydNB's Sea Gladiator looks really good.  Because of different cockpits, skins, LODs, etc, there are actually three different Gladiator models being worked right now.  Dunno if all three will be ready by Christmas, but one or two of them should be.

• Like 4

Thanks, guys.  Additional shot of LloydNB's Sea Gladiator.

post-39531-0-08721700-1450358958_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Whouaaaaa... very accurate model plane! I like so much!!! :hi:

Well guys, it ain't gonna be ready by Christmas. There's just too much to be done and not enough time to do it. The good news is that LloydNB and Baffmeister continue to improve the various versions, so these models should be a noteworthy addition to the SF/FE fleet of aircraft.  Below is a progress shot of MK1 skins.

• Like 3

Found time this morning to work on the skins a bit more,  Its finally starting to look like an old, well used war horse!  :biggrin:

• Like 2

Looks glorius! That looks more like an actual photo than a screenshot.

Looks glorius! That looks more like an actual photo than a screenshot.

Thanks.  I like the China war biplane shots you've posted.  :biggrin:   Have you tried fooling around with game lighting?  It will make your shots look even better.

http://combatace.com/files/file/15939-improved-gameworld-appearance/

• Like 1

Working on the other side of the fuselage now.  Once they both have been worked up to the same level, I'll do the final details - chipped paint, stains, etc.  Looks pretty good ingame.  :biggrin:

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 1

The Ju 52 is a good target for your Gladiator! :bye:

I've been busy with Gladiator MK1 skins while Baffmeister has steadily tweaked and improved the FMs, including a LOT of painstaking work getting guns/ammo to approximate the historical record.

• Like 1

I know it adds to the poly count, but maybe adding some internal structure for  damage modeling???

it's looking really good!!

A few cockpit shots of the MK1.  There's just too damned much work to release one of these quickly!  :fie:

The detail level, especially in the cockpit is amazing.  No way anyway can crank that out quickly.  You are a master!

Thanks.  Starting to experiment with desert weathering - rough test shots below.

• Like 1

That weathering is awesome. Really boosts the realism.

Thanks.  The RAF desert camo pattern we are familiar with was not formulated until mid-1941.  Prior to that, most RAF aircraft were left in Euro camo which weathered and faded under the intense desert sun. 

post-39531-0-23655600-1452113798.jpg

• Like 1

bhaskar2789 - make sure all the ini files are saved in ANSI instead of Unicode. Open the file (I use Notepad) then do a "Save As." At the bottom of the save window is a drop menu to change from Unicode to ANSI. I have all of Geezer's planes flying in FE1, I think that was only change I had to make.

Stephen1918-Did what you said, worked well for Halberstadt and didn't have any issues with the Martinsyde; for the Cr-42, I get it to show in the selection menu but I see nothing in-game. I believe the models may not be backwards compatible with FEG; although not too sure as you got it to work. The following is what the Cr-42 looks in my default FEG setup and switching to external view also doesn't seem to help. This is probably the only a/c that seems to behave so in-game, never had trouble with any others. Any help in this regard would be great; I do plan on getting FE2 soon, but for now I am still in FEGfb52e56.jpg