Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Hacking avionics, will be legal?

If someone was able to crack the avionics on SF2 adding new functionalities and adding more realism, we will not break any law releasing a patch that "updates" our games to that standard. Right?

Don't do it!  Otherwise, the simulation division of the avionics police will seek you out and arrest you, and you will most likely be prosecuted for illegal patching.  :blink: 

• Like 1

Do what ever you want, but you need to upload it anywhere else than here... for the rest .. it will be history

Don't do it!  Otherwise, the simulation division of the avionics police will seek you out and arrest you, and you will most likely be prosecuted for illegal patching.  :blink: 

no one will arrest. if he will not take the money for that patch. 

For your personal and non-commercial use i don't see any problem with it. But with intentions of distribution either free or not. TK will probably not like it. To your close friends who you can trust to keep it personal maybe.

To be honest i've been wishing to have the ability to reprogram/recode SF2 to bring back Multiplayer. 

no one will arrest. if he will not take the money for that patch. 

That's right.  He will not be arrested.  He will simply be marched outside and shot at sunrise, by members of the investigative division of the people's flight simulation compliance authority highway patrol.   :biggrin:

That's right.  He will not be arrested.  He will simply be marched outside and shot at sunrise, by members of the investigative division of the people's flight simulation compliance authority highway patrol.   :biggrin:

and confiscated all the property :biggrin:

then will sell the property
and the money will make Strike Fighters 3 ! :blink:

uh good idea!

Nah, the problem is, the guys from CA don`t want to get into any trouble with any company, cause of supporting such "hacks", but the whole comunity would kiss your feet if you would "improve" the game. We can talk about it, we can discuss problems, .. but we can`T officialy support such hacks ... 

And if you do, please let me know.

I would love it!

:bye:

Edited by Kodiak

Just wonderingly. Patch the .exe or a .dll?

Just wonderingly. Patch the .exe or a .dll?

Both have be done, Raven.  The executable runs a CRC (cyclic redundancy check) of the various DLL files when they attempt to load. Anything that's determined to be out of place will cause the EXE file to reject the DLL, and crash the game back onto the desktop.

Here's a brief explanation of the process on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_redundancy_check

If I'm not mistaken, a guy from China developed a method of acquiring ground targets by the aircraft's radar. I remember seeing two videos about it. (Sorry for my weak english)

1, You can for personal use ,take apart a game ....who would know?.

2,you can describe what you did,how you did it,with what you did it

3 only thing you cant do is to share it,unless authorized...

in other words if u get it working tell us and how u did it....lol

• Like 1

Okay, that's way more about a CRC then my brain can handle, but thanks. I've been looking at a .dll (not related to SF) Dropping the idea though, I don't have time to learn C++.