who would like to see if we can get dual airport/airfields into SF2?  i do not have the modelling capability, but would be willing to ini dance the parking areas to put airliners into place next to  the gates.

the overall concept is to have a civilian side with gates and parked airliners, and a military side with transports or even fighters. first would be a fictional Dhimari airport to show this beast works (or doesnt). if that works several other airports would be opened up for conversion (Keflavik, RheinMain/Frankfurt to name two) and imaging the eye candy of taking off and several airliners in the background

oh and as for different airliners,  my DC-10 mod features one metal skin with the airlines replacing serial numbers (DecalLevel=2). reworking it for around 15 airlines each 70's 80's and 90's. and will have the 767 similarly converted by end of Aug or Sep barring bad juju IRL.

Who thinks this is a good enough idea bring it to life?

• Like 1

Hello,

I like your idea Daddy! :bye:

I don't know if this is possible...  but why not to create a sort of "civilian company" specific nation name?

Best regards,

Coupi.

Pretty cool idea. I really like it.

Coupi, i've made an Airliner nation already.  its in the DC-10 mod  and will be in any future airliners (767,  737 when Veltro finishes and 747 as can get up to Gen 2 standards)

• Like 1

Maybe use the generic nation like some ground objects, it could be interesting for europe also, think in Rhein-Main civil airport and military base....

The airports are already "dual purpose". The game engine makes no difference between civilian or military aircraft. An airfield just "is". Based on the aircraft's user list (exported = true), alignment (friendly or enemy), and the terrain's limited nation's list (which takes precedence over the games main nations ini)

Aircraft are placed in their parking slots on airfields simply by their wingspan, as stated in each airfiled's ini.

Having more buildings (terminals, gates, baggage containers) is a very easy add via targets ini placement. We just need the 3d guys to build them.

what is really needed, are completely NEW airfields, as the 6 we have don't match any real world locations, civil or military

• Like 1

to have a bigger mix of different types you can make an "fake" airbase.

Hurc did it for Nellis AFB (Nellis Range Terrain & American SW)

Very good idea. For sure we need more traffic. On ground, sea and air. Not only military.

And it will be nice to have more airliners, especialy ones that were in use in military also.