Sign in to follow this  
CrazyhorseB34

VA

Today I went to the VA first time.

Never been treated better in my life.

Got six referrals for treatment.

Completely failed the preliminary TBI screening.

Guys! Go!

Bats in your head. Like me. Go.

They got a fire under their ass and mean business now.

Don't watch the news. Go.

Don't need any horror stories from the past.

Shit has changed.

Go now.

Very glad that it is working for you, and i do agree that thry are moving with a purpose. Individual results may vary however......

Very glad that it is working for you, and i do agree that thry are moving with a purpose. Individual results may vary however......

Agreed.

Not saying don't go for treatment if you think you need it. But "Proceed with Caution", as mileage may vary.

It depends where you live. My wife's uncle is getting treated for PTSD. He was ok for years, but it really started hitting him the last 5 years.

He went to the VA in Santa Fe, NM, and they were a bunch of incompetent pricks. Kept telling him they couldn't figure out what was wrong with him, screwing around on different meds and dosages all the time, taking a month plus between visits, etc etc.

He moved out here to FL a couple of months ago--night and day. Tons of supportive staff, weekly appointments, REAL help.

So it does still suck some places, but it's unfortunately dependent on where you live.

To quantify what CB34 is saying, the Dayton VA has been nothing but stellar to Sheila and I. I got all my referrals I needed. They gave me my back brace. Never an issue. The VA is getting better.