KJakker

A Suggestion Regarding Top Left Logo Images.

The Solidarité logo image added in support of France in the wake of the Paris terror attacks made me take a closer look at all of the logo's displayed in the upper left side of the page. I noticed that they contain the following aircraft.

B-1B

B-2

A-10

F-14

F-15

F-16

F-35

What  stood out to me, beyond the fact that the F-16 appears four time vs. one each for everything else, is that all the aircraft are of United States origin. I was thinking that once enough time has passed that the "Solidarité" and "Star Spangled Banner" logos are taken down how about logo images for the MiG-29, Rafale, Su-30MKI, Tornado, and Typhoon? With the other seven aircraft already in use one logo of each would give you twelve total logos the same as are presently in use. Given the number of members at CombatAce who are from countries other than the USA should not CombatAce have a little more international flavor in the aircraft images displayed?

Just an idea I thought was worth considering that I wanted to share with everyone.  

If you provide me high definition photos of them flying with a blue background I'll make them.  We don't need to wait.  

UPDATE: Added a few more aircraft.  If you have others you'd like to see you can submit them here.

E

2MB is a nice image size to reduce from so it's not grainy.  I like the aspect wider than taller but most stuff can be worked with.  Have fun making your submissions.

We should make this a contest where we use the top 2 submissions.

• Like 1

That sounds like an awesome idea!

my plug by the way

B-17

P-38

(honoring history of aviation)

I found some with solid color backgrounds but I don't think they're within regs.

• Like 1

We have those already. :)

• Like 1

Oh, cool, let me keep refreshing my page ...

There it is! Nice. Very nice. Love the clouds in the background that's awesome.

• Like 1

Erik, sorry I am so late on commenting upon your response to my suggestion. All the new aircraft images look wonderful, I especially like the S.E.5a, Su-30MKI and the additional national flags. :good:  

• Like 1