Sign in to follow this  
Capitaine Vengeur

WW1 Medals Pack for FE - Beyond the Western Front

WW1 Medals Pack for FE - Beyond the Western Front

Designed to complete my just updated WW1 Alternative Medals Pack for FE, this new Pack provides you with rich panels of decorations, for four air forces who fought bravely on fronts far away from Flanders or Verdun, with limited resources but some few worthy native models – namely the Russian Imperial Military Air Fleet, the Italian Military Air Corps, the Austro-Hungarian Imperial and Royal Aviation Troops, and the Ottoman Aviation Squadrons.

Generally speaking, awards for enduring service have been assigned highly demanding requirements, to hang on to Ojcar’s Armchair Aces dynamic campaigns allowing to go through that long-term World War in its seemingly never-ending aspect. As usual, each panel includes several decorations from allied countries: thus, as an Imperial Russian officer before the fall of the Tsar, you may be awarded decorations from the grateful sister nation of Serbia; and as a Russian pilot keeping on fighting a hopeless war by 1917, you may be conferred prestigious Orders by the Kingdom of Romania desperately relying on its stumbling Slavic ally. I chose to have the citations display the decorations’ names in original language without subtitle, as you can notice on the screenshots. Be easy, the awards you deserved are still announced in English on the Debrief Screen, and listed in English on the Medal List Screen.

Two Nations lists are provided, the first one devoted to campaigns and missions taking place before early 1918, and the second and default one reassessing the state of the belligerents from early 1918 on (before and from early 1917 regarding Russia). You’ll have to juggle with both lists according to the period of the War when you plan to fly your campaigns. Everything has been designed, when swapping the pre-1918 for the 1918 medals file during an extensive career, for the decorations you were awarded before April 1918 both to be preserved with original look and citations, and not to be awarded a second anachronistic time thereafter. The pre-1918 list grants much more lenient criteria to be awarded the same distinctions you could also receive later spending more sweat, and prevents you to get awards unavailable before 1918.

A complete set of musics includes national anthems and marches devoted to each nation's overtures and successful debriefings sequences. Other interesting optional assets include optional lists of awards, designed for pilots of the belligerent nations of the Western Front fighting over Venetia, Galicia or Palestine, as well as optional lists of ranks with tweaked sequence of promotions allowing you, IMHO, much more realistic careers if used with Ojcar’s long-term campaigns.

This Pack is a huge lot, and has been repeatedly re-engineered by a psychotic perfectionist. Each list of medals includes many links to other files, sometimes to my Western Front pack’s contents, and not all of the available panels have been tested on the long term. Please report all of the quirks, crashes, and other non-appearances of medals or citations you could experience. I shall then edit the Pack according to the problems found.

IMPORTANT : There was an important warning in the ReadMe file of the latest upgrade of my WW1 Alternative Medals Pack for FE, to inform downloaders that this updated version had reshuffled orders of precedence, and that the decorations in each panel had their code names modified and their personal numbers reallocated, in such a way that it may certainly alter the lists of honours received already in any of your ongoing Allied or German campaigns. With this in mind, I have designed this ‘add-on’ “Beyond the Western Front” in order that it is actually a ‘stand-alone’. I mean that you won’t need to have installed any older or upgraded version of my Pack for the Western Front to enjoy the medals lists and bonuses enclosed here for the four Nations of Russia, Italy, Austria and Turkey. Still, you need to have installed the latest version of my Pack for the Western Front to use the optional medals lists.

January 2016 modifications: Corrects a couple of graphical and regulation mistakes on the Italian panel, also adds a wound stripe (Distintivo di Ferito). Beware, these amendments could alter the Italian awards received during your ongoing campaigns started with my December 2015 panel.

• Like 4

Very impressive package, Capitaine Vengeur!  Can't wait to win my first Serbian Royal Order of the Star of Karadjordje!  

Thank you, Mon Capitaine! Downloading it now!

Thank you Capitaine! I am looking forward to using this on my Eastern and Palestine Front installs.

Thank you for this Capitaine. It works beautifully even in FE2, and even with the single missions across my different theatre installs. Really fine stuff.

Von S

Edited by VonS
Fixed typos.