Sign in to follow this  
eburger68

Ulyanovsk - Updated LODs

Folks:

Sometime in the last year or so updated LODs for Julhelm's excellent CVN Ulyanovsk, as delivered by Fubar512, were posted. These updated LODs removed the static aircraft from the deck. I was looking for these LODs today and seem to have lost them. A search on CombatAce also turned up nothing.

Could someone either point me to the discussion thread where they were posted or re-post them here?

Thanks,

Eric Howes

• Like 1

Folks:

Sometime in the last year or so updated LODs for Julhelm's excellent CVN Ulyanovsk, as delivered by Fubar512, were posted. These updated LODs removed the static aircraft from the deck. I was looking for these LODs today and seem to have lost them. A search on CombatAce also turned up nothing.

Could someone either point me to the discussion thread where they were posted or re-post them here?

Thanks,

Eric Howes

I have a similar case with the Kuznetsov.

I think both need a serious upgrade. We have Su-33 already and will be helos soon. I am retexturing Kuznetsov and would be great to do the same with the Ulyanovsk. Would be good to remove number and name from it too.

I have decals for it with the naval aviation crest and name too.

My disappointment is that I have an almost perfect air defense edit of the Ulyanovsk data file but it would require the addition of twelve nodes at specific locations to the model to work properly. Fubar512 and I talked about it but Julhelm does not appear to be interested in any more edits to the model.

My disappointment is that I have an almost perfect air defense edit of the Ulyanovsk data file but it would require the addition of twelve nodes at specific locations to the model to work properly. Fubar512 and I talked about it but Julhelm does not appear to be interested in any more edits to the model.

That's really sad... but maybe if he's still around he might give us permission for modifications?

That's really sad... but maybe if he's still around he might give us permission for modifications?

From what I have read, and I fully understand the sentiment, Julhelm is vary protective of his work. As such it is unlikely at this point in time.

..... one big issue to solve should be the skyjump.  No good take off  trought it ...

The ski-jump will not work, as it would require rewriting the code to recognize radiused collision meshes.

• Like 1

The ski-jump will not work, as it would require rewriting the code to recognize radiused collision meshes.

And Z component in the catapult vector will not help either. The Z component (upward pointing) gives the plane an initial lift off from the starting point - the launch vector will be a parabolic path. I exploited this to emulate AI  VTOL operations fro Yak-38 and Helos on the Kiev class. Some combinations can be a compromise... make experiments. I'm happy for successful carrier launch - it was already hard to eliminate automatic crash in certain planes.