I put up a light article on the awesome Kesselbrut / eburger68 Falklands Redux campaign (which I'm enjoying the heck out of!).. Now, on to win the war..or more likely, lose it..!

http://www.mudspike.com/

SF2-000.jpg

(Mods - if this needs to be moved..feel free..)

PS - Thanks PureBlue - I'm still using your smoke/particle effects for the AV-8B for the Sea Harrier as well. I love me some smoke!

BeachAV8R

Edited by beachav8r
  • Like 9

ooo, the flak's bursting my eardrums!  :biggrin:

LOL..well, poor Eduardo my wingman up there at my high 4 o'clock had more than his eardrums burst by the looks of it..

Edited by beachav8r

And if you guys don't mind a quick question - what setting would cause my wingman (seems like it is only in the Sea Harrier though) to fly so close that his wing actually comes into contact with mine? And he does not respond to certain commands like SPREAD and CLOSE UP..but he does respond to certain other commands (like BREAK and ATTACK MY TARGET). Is there a custom menu.ini command for each aircraft or something that I'm missing? A bit stumped on that one...fortunately it doesn't really affect gameplay..I just tell him to break a couple of times per mission and he gets some distance and it takes him awhile to get back to paint scraping distance...

SF2-100.jpg

BeachAV8R

Can't help with the wingman issue, maybe he likes you? :D

But, yesterday when I saw your pic on the SARCASM post I tought, wouldn't be cool If beachav8r can give SF2 series a bit of love? I enjoyed your Desert Storm AAR's and missing some more articles on the series.

BTW, are you aware Razbam may be doing a Harrier for DCS, right?

• Like 1

And if you guys don't mind a quick question - what setting would cause my wingman (seems like it is only in the Sea Harrier though) to fly so close that his wing actually comes into contact with mine? And he does not respond to certain commands like SPREAD and CLOSE UP..but he does respond to certain other commands (like BREAK and ATTACK MY TARGET). Is there a custom menu.ini command for each aircraft or something that I'm missing? A bit stumped on that one...fortunately it doesn't really affect gameplay..I just tell him to break a couple of times per mission and he gets some distance and it takes him awhile to get back to paint scraping distance...

BeachAV8R

Look for the Formation.ini in the Flight folder. Delete it, modify it (by increasing the applicable distances) or pull one from a later mod.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity - does anyone know the length of the runway as modeled in this mod? In reality - at the beginning of the war it was around 4,100' (deemed too short at the kickoff of hostilities to host a fast jet presence). After the British ejected Argentina from the islands, they lengthened the runway using aluminum matting to 6,100' I believe. Just curious what length is in the mod..I can't really ascertain a way to measure it.

Fascinating reading by the way on the Port Stanley airfield here in three parts..really good stuff:

Part I: http://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/2013/02/that-famous-runway-at-port-stanley-part-1-pre-conflict/

Part II: http://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/2013/02/that-famous-runway-at-stanley-part-2-conflict/

Part III: http://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/2013/02/that-famous-runway-at-stanley-part-3-post-conflict/

BeachAV8R

• Like 1

Nice article, the "new" wip terrain I've been working on has much more humps and bumps to it, I think you may be able to use Mue's terrain editor tool to measure the runway...

I'm getting a little pushback on referring to the mod as the Falklands/Malvinas mod. I can understand the emotion of it - but am a bit stuck in the middle from a "world view" perspective.

you do what YOU feel is right

• Like 2