Sign in to follow this  
Silberpfeil

Langley AFB Airshow

Some pix from today's show for your enjoyment.  For those who are interested in such things, Virginia State Police clocked the "Shockwave" jet truck (sorry, no photos of that one!) at 313 m.p.h. as he ran from one end of Runway 26 to the other!  However, that was only about half as fast as the F/A-18 the Navy sent up from Oceana.  I don't think the local constabulary could have gotten their radar guns warmed up before he was gone - he reported 0.96 Mach (no kidding!) at the end of his high speed run!    

• Like 6

Nice pictures!!

• Like 1

looks like a big show! thnx for the pics!

• Like 1

The Bulldog was a bit of a surprise  :biggrin:

Craig

It was imported to the States a few years back and is now owned by a guy from Richmond.  The Typhoon was the real surprise - apparently they had a maintenance issue that put them behind their scheduled return, so they ended up staying a few extra days! 

Nice pictures!!

Thanks - I pretty much stayed with the static display stuff as my old camera isn't good enough for any of the medium distance or high speed pass shots!    

looks like a big show! thnx for the pics!

It's my pleasure to post them.  I haven't been able to attend this show for a couple of years so I was glad to see it come around again this Spring!

No big barrier for taking beautiful photos! :good:

Edited by Coupi
  • Like 1

Thanks for your kind words!  I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to see the Nieuport 28 replica that the 94th's maintenance personnel rebuilt after it was damaged by a storm a few years back.  Here's a photo of it from 2011 (I think!) but not sure where it is now or what it looks like...   

• Like 1

Just one more piece of evidence on this "missing Nieuport" issue.  The following photo is from last September's base newsletter and you can see the aircraft is there, and from the photo's background, still parked where it was in 2011, adjacent to the 94th's hangar.  But, for whatever reason, I sure didn't see it when I attended the airshow on Saturday!

Some pix from today's show for your enjoyment.  For those who are interested in such things, Virginia State Police clocked the "Shockwave" jet truck (sorry, no photos of that one!) at 313 m.p.h. as he ran from one end of Runway 26 to the other!  However, that was only about half as fast as the F/A-18 the Navy sent up from Oceana.  I don't think the local constabulary could have gotten their radar guns warmed up before he was gone - he reported 0.96 Mach (no kidding!) at the end of his high speed run!    

On the other hand, the police had to slam on their brakes to avoid passing the A-10.

• Like 2