Hey everyone!  Are there any modders available to make some river tiles for the ongoing SW Africa/Angola terrains?  If you have any interest PM me please! Thanks!

Hey everyone!  Are there any modders available to make some river tiles for the ongoing SW Africa/Angola terrains?  If you have any interest PM me please! Thanks!

They are "quite" easy to do, having the correct software (Gimp or Photoshop) and also being carefull with the alpha channel. 

ya the issue is I cant figure out how to get the land part to show up in gimp the only thing that shows is like a darkened area where the river shoukd be 

IIRC, Wrench wrote a rather detailed "how to" post on that very subject, some time ago. I can't recall if it on was a thread he started, or if it was a reply to on someone else's thread.  Try using the search feature, and look up "river tiles".

iirc, the tutorial should be in the 1stGen Knowledge Base (can't remember if it was for rivers or sea-land transitions. the principal is the same)

did you turn on ALL the channels, like the images I posted in the PMs??

also, I do recall mentioning that there are already several river tiles, and transitions that match JSF Aggie's desert tiles that are being used on the Angola terrain (in/on the Eritrea terrain)

I will take a look I guess I just cant figure out how to turn all those channels on, I will look in the Eritrea terrain but the tiles I need to make are for the wetland and plains areas of the map 

desert river 

desert river turn

farm river

farm river turn

farm river end

desert river end

river-desert2farm

city-farm-river

city river

city river turn

city river mouth

mountain river

mountain river turn

river-desert2mountain

river-mountain2farm

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Eagle114th
      I am unable to find the tutorial on modifying or replacing national decal.  There are two nations I want to replace decal.  At the same time, there are a few nations I want to add into the game and add their decals too. I can't seem to find the tutorials on it.

So may I ask for the advice on this?

I am working on interesting projects which requires me to do this.  

Cheers!
    • By Stary

View File Green Hell 3.5
      Description:
      This is optional high resolution repaint/treemod for SF2:V VietnamSEA map, I call it "Green Hell 3.5" ;)

SF2:Vietnam required for Vietnam map (doh!) SF2 all-merged install preferred
      made and tested im May 2013 environment

-included both 1024x1024 pixels and smaller 512x512 pixels versions for those with older computers
      -repainted hangars/base objects from my WW2 hangars pack, fits this particular scenery ok in my opinion
      -city textures by Brain32 from his excellent Vietnam repaint, used under freeware license
      -full TOD coverage included

Installation:
      Backup your Vietnam folder, unpack and move/copy new VietnamSEA to your Vietnam folder, overwrite when asked.

Legal mumbo jumbo:
      Freeware license apply, no to be used as part of any payware

have phun
      Stary
      Submitter Stary Submitted 09/20/2013 Category Tilesets for Terrains  
    • By Spudknocker
      ​Hey CA!  I was wondering is there a way to make a preset or something like that to add the same amounts of saturation and contrast to a group of images...like a tileset?  I'm trying to add a little saturation to increase the vibrance of a tileset and its a little time consuming doing it to 150+ images! haha
    • By Stary
      Description:
      This is optional high resolution repaint/treemod for SF2:V VietnamSEA map, I call it "Green Hell 3.5" ;)

SF2:Vietnam required for Vietnam map (doh!) SF2 all-merged install preferred
      made and tested im May 2013 environment

-included both 1024x1024 pixels and smaller 512x512 pixels versions for those with older computers
      -repainted hangars/base objects from my WW2 hangars pack, fits this particular scenery ok in my opinion
      -city textures by Brain32 from his excellent Vietnam repaint, used under freeware license
      -full TOD coverage included

Installation:
      Backup your Vietnam folder, unpack and move/copy new VietnamSEA to your Vietnam folder, overwrite when asked.

Legal mumbo jumbo:
      Freeware license apply, no to be used as part of any payware

have phun
      Stary

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..