yakarov79

WOI: strange thing happend in single CAS mission...

SInce im not playing much recently I don't know when something went wrong. But today I was hoping to fly little. Anyway.

Shortly:

In single mission on CAS mission type  im always supporting my troops. And this is ok. but they are fighting with ONE (1) tank or any other enemy unit.

Before sometiems I had to stop numbers of enemy tanks, but lately it is always one  single enemy unit (bmp,tank, ground troops etc)

In mission creator I can also set up enemy unit but again up to 1 (?).

And this thing happend only in WOI instal all other games are fine. And im mostly using same ini edits in all instals.

Im confused.

Thanks in advance.

the first question I have to ask is:

WoI (wings over isreal, 1stGen)

or

SF2:I (strike fighters 2: isreal)

there may be some major differences.

and which terrain? Stock IsraelME? or a modified version or Israel 2?

I'd also check there's enough AFVs on both sides to generate the proper formations, and what years flown (might make a difference)

Sometimes you will have to change the formation. That should give you greater numbers

My bad:

SF2:Israel.

Only red side. Meaning when flting BLUE there is only one RED tank. When Flying RED im supporting one RED tank against numbers of BLUE tanks.

Stock terrain IsrealME and also Isreal2 (Full scale)

Any year. But ive tested in years 1972-2006. Same issue all the time - one RED enemy.

I got all SF2:I Expansion pack ground objects installed.

And it was ok before...Untill strange thing happend. Possible i modified something.

Formation.ini entry are same as in other games (where i got big numbers of enemy units)

Herein mission editor:

Blue side I can add up to 13 blue tanks:

post-85812-0-35060900-1463377441_thumb.jpg

Red side only one. Any year, any type, always 1.

post-85812-0-18380100-1463377504_thumb.jpg

same thing when flying withut mission editor, straig single mission - CAS type. Always one RED ground unit.

maybe that's all they could afford to buy?? <grin>

just thought I'd lighten the mood

I've never heard of that happening, ever!! Something, somewhere, has to have changed to foul up the number of enemy (red) ground units.

I guess, start looking for the most recent "date modified" files throughout the that mods folder

Yakarov: ok just stating the obvious but why is formation type in the 2nd pic "<none>"... could be a clue with it.

Edited by Do335

Yakarov: ok just stating the obvious but why is formation type in the 2nd pic "<none>"... could be a clue with it.

Good thinking, Do335. Yakarov, check if you have a FORMATION.ini file inside the Flight folder, remove it and try again. Or just select a Formation Type in the mission editor. Indeed, very strange bug.

I had this once in SF2 merged. But it is a long time ago and my memory being what it is....... I never found out what caused it but it went away when I started replacing folders with my back up folders. IIRC it was either the Effects folder or he Flight folder. So Blaze might be on the right track. 

Yakarov: Check the FORMATION.INI.

You should see SOVIETTank when selecting Red side armor.

Thing solved. Ive extracted formation ini and swap files. And I think it works fine now. Not much chance to test it today anymore. Maybe on weekend.

But first is compared formation.ini from my israel game with the one extracted - it was identical.

So i overwrite file and looks like its going to be ok,.

thanks.

• Like 1