UK_Widowmaker

Egypt Air Crash

R.I.P First Officer Mohamed Mamdouh Assem EgyptAir flight MS804 and all the passengers and crew.

We obviously don't know the facts yet..but it hardly matters really :(

post-22245-0-31378900-1463839453.jpg

Edited by UK_Widowmaker
  • Like 2

:sad:  Right, condolences to all the families involved.

I'm Egyptian.We obviously don't know the facts yet..but it hardly accident

Listeningso far to what is known, it sounds as if the aircraft rudder went into full and uncontrolable detent (90 degree out) and threw the aircraft into an uncontrolable diving spin. I don't believe there was a terrorist act here.

from the data feed it appears a catastrophic fire was involved. 

still a lot of unknowns and far to early to make any call on this.

very sad and very tragic

Could have been an incendiary device as opposed to a bomb which would have destroyed the aircraft in the air, or possibly some catastrophic electrical fire, but it's still to early to be sure of the cause of the crash.

If this proves to be yet another act of terrorism, one begins to wonder if there will be any more air travel in ten years time as people will simply refuse to get on a a large commercial jet airplane because of the fear of it being blown up by an act of terrorism.

Maybee  that's what the terrorists want, an end to international air travel, but how will that help them. ???  

Edited by RUSTYMORLEY

I hope it wasn't terrorism but a major fire that destroyed the computer and electrical system could have been initiated by a terrorist weapon.

Could be a complete co-incidence, but last night, flying home from Spain to UK in an A320, they announced at the start of the flight that the forward toilet was out of service, due to a 'mechanical' fault. I wonder if it was just this aircraft, or if some operators are disconnecting something up there, as a precaution pending more info.

• Like 1

Why so many people believe it must be an act of terror?

If it would have been a bomb, the terror group would shout on all TV channels that they had done it. But there is no single voice from this side.

I guess it was a tragical accident.

Could be a complete co-incidence, but last night, flying home from Spain to UK in an A320, they announced at the start of the flight that the forward toilet was out of service, due to a 'mechanical' fault. I wonder if it was just this aircraft, or if some operators are disconnecting something up there, as a precaution pending more info.

Nothing special there, toilets break-down and get INOP'ed all the time.