UK_Widowmaker

Independence Day

4962619_6_e387_manifestation-contre-le-b

London today ...

Edited by Eole
  • Like 1

Nonetheless the die has been cast. !!!!!

We are out.!!!!

Nonetheless the die has been cast. !!!!!

We are out.!!!!

Someone still has to get parliament to trigger Article 50. Cameron had promised to do so, but he has resigned so whoever replaces him has to bear that responsibility. As if that's going to happen. The joys of advisory referendums.

Has anyone noticed that when cleaning a room - I mean really cleaning it - during the process the room is far messier than before you began. This is worth it because, in the end, the room is very nice and neat with everything in it's proper place. I think exited the EU will be much like that. I predict that the UK will experience a certain amount of economic downturn for one to two years. I think it's unavoidable, but after this clean up period, England will be far stronger and better organized than it ever could've been under EU Rule. While watching a talk show on BBC America, one of the pro-Brexit panelists predicted a recession lasting up to two years. I think some certain people will panic upon witnessing this, and certainly pro-EU pundits will say "I told you so." Not to worry, when the UK has finished reorganizing, the UK economy will blossom.

London today ...

The BBC said 'thousands' had marched..........this is actually a very tiny minority that no one is going to take any notice of.......and they are showing total disrespect to those that voted leave.

• Like 2

The BBC said 'thousands' had marched..........this is actually a very tiny minority that no one is going to take any notice of.......and they are showing total disrespect to those that voted leave.

Exactly, the Referendum has been voted upon and the people of Britain have decided.

The Majority vote was to come out of Europe and now the will of the people must prevail. !!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone noticed that when cleaning a room - I mean really cleaning it - during the process the room is far messier than before you began. This is worth it because, in the end, the room is very nice and neat with everything in it's proper place. I think exited the EU will be much like that. I predict that the UK will experience a certain amount of economic downturn for one to two years. I think it's unavoidable, but after this clean up period, England will be far stronger and better organized than it ever could've been under EU Rule. While watching a talk show on BBC America, one of the pro-Brexit panelists predicted a recession lasting up to two years. I think some certain people will panic upon witnessing this, and certainly pro-EU pundits will say "I told you so." Not to worry, when the UK has finished reorganizing, the UK economy will blossom.

A problem with the statement that economic changes mostly working in decades. It takes about 2-3 years to exit the EU, up until then, it is just uncertainty, and what comes after that? How the UK will be cleaner? If not cleaner, but it is  going to be leaner without Scotland, isn't it? How much pension money are we burning away in the process? And how much jobs? Is it worth the price to lose car manufacturing in the process? Or will all does damned immigrants remain just for the free trade? Did you know that the 62% of the agricultural export of the UK goes to export? Did you know that Norway has free trade agreement with the EU, but they pay tariffs on agricultural goods, yet they get all the immigrants like an EU member? Do you think that a supranational state like entity should leave its financial sector outside its borders without its regulations and what kind of effect that can have on the City? 

There are a lot of questions to answer, and it is going to be a long ride. But first someone should trigger that Article 50, which won't necesseraly happen as the referendum was not binding afaik, and suddenly, the real ballsy guys whom were so loud about that, already retreated. For financials nothing is worth then waiting in uncertainty.

In the meanwhile, another handful of people had a very nice day:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jul/04/standard-life-shuts-property-fund-post-brexit-withdrawals

• Like 1

Well I hope the "cleaning" metaphor is understood to be just that, a metaphor. Certainly, England will be free to manage their own affairs. Another big question is how well will they do that? National economies can be run into the ground just like any business, or they can be managed very well and grow very fast. Time will tell. At least England now has the freedom to sink or swim based on their own merits, not someone else who isn't accountable to England. As it was standing recently in the EU, the UK paid out 13 Billion per year in membership, but the EU spent a mere 4.5 Billion on the UK. Apparently, membership has benefits that make up the difference, but no one is unable to tally these exact figures. How convenient. Sounds very much like a Ponzi scheme.

And yes, even when Free Trade Agreements are present, nations (like Norway) must sometimes pay a tariff. FTAs do not guarantee a complete removal of tariffs, just a reduction of them. Free Trade Agreements do not necessarily mean "completely free" and they usually don't. 

The jittery over-caffeinated folk in the financial sectors aren't a good indicator to me. A large number typically overreact screaming, "Sell! Sell!" even if something minor happens like the wind suddenly changes direction outside. Cooler heads are usually what balances things out. As we saw on referendum day the market nose-dived, then climbed sharply again. Nothing mechanical or concrete had changed. On that day, the UK was still in the EU. No buildings had fallen, no cities were destroyed. Farms kept working, and the lights remained on. Physically, nothing had changed at all! Looking at the financial markets over just a few hours or even days period and believing it is an indicator of life for decades to come, is a gross error.

We'll simply have to wait and see.

I'll raise you ten on that............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn_6sU7O43w

For a quick guess the money men ( bankers and heads of other financial institutions ) will persuade UK politicians to stay in Europe but negotiate a cap on migrant numbers or introduce a points based system, to satisfy the people of Britain who voted to leave primarily because of the huge number of migrants coming here to claim benefits and other freebie goodies.

Perhaps that's why UK politicians are stalling and have not yet triggered Article 50

Those deceitful dirty scumbags. 

Edited by RUSTYMORLEY

Perhaps that's why UK politicians are stalling and have not yet triggered Article 50

Don't think so:

It's the "leaders" of the Brexit-campaing that are vanishing all over the place, leaving those politicians exposed to work it out, that were not quite sold on Brexit in the first place.

• Like 2