Hey guys! In working on the new Iran Iraq terrains and campaigns I have been plagued by game crashes where the game gets stuck in the loading screen but all the sounds of the mission start up... its like everything is running but the screen is stuck... anyone know a fix for this?  Is there a way to slow the Loading process so that things dont get skipped over or improperly loaded?

Related to a ground object I think

I Believe I Posted This Before But I Will Again Here Because A Lot Of People Missed It, There Is A Nifty Little App Distributed By Most Freeware Sites Included In A Package Called SysinternalsSuite
Which Is Called Procmon.exe, Short For Process Monitor. It Is A System Troubleshooting And Malware Hunting Utility. All You Need To Do Is Open The Program And Under First Tab File Make Sure Capture
Events Is Active, Under Edit Tab Is Auto Scroll Which You Can Toggle Later To Stop While You Dig
Through The Event List. At The Far Right Of The Toolbar Are The Toggles For Registry,File,Network,
And Thread Handle Activity Which Should Be On. After Turning On App And Checking Config Then
Minimize To Toolbar. Now You Can Fire Up Any Program And It Will Compile The Events As You Use Or
Play Any Program. The Result And Path Files Will Give You Clues To Problems. These Are Strong
System Utilities For Advanced Users Who Know How To Use Admin Rights Running Programs And
Experienced Users Who Can Spot False Positives And Discern Direct Conflicts. The Data String Will
Be Massive.

post-62958-0-30361800-1483381852_thumb.jpg

post-62958-0-00798100-1483381870_thumb.jpg

post-62958-0-90935600-1483381900_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

holy mackeral!!!

that looks like a very neat piece of software!!!

Well  Ifound that the source of my issue is F4 drop tank LOD files ahah

You made my day, EMCON360! Thanks a million!

Hi. I know this is an old thread, but I figured I'd see if I got a response. Which folder/file from a particular installation do you need to open using this app? The main folder doesn't seem to be an option in Windows 11. Does it even work in Windows 11?

Thank you  

It works fine for me in Win11. What you need to probably do is click on whichever executable that you want (though it doesn't seem to matter really if you have them merged). Just go to the install folder and execute, then pin to taskbar if needed. It doesn't put a shortcut on the desktop, at least not for me.

Or did I not answer your question as it seems a little broad to me.

Edited by EricJ

Win11 and SF2 are perfectly fine on my laptop that was Win11 from the factory.

My desktop got upgraded from 10 to 11 after i was stuck with only the laptop for 6 months. it has issues with some of my programs to include SF2 crashing the whole system. in the case of SF2, im also usually running several tabs in GIMP and at least one instance of the LODviewer.  cant think of the why of top of my head but my system now doesnt like doing all that at once. some of the time. so basically, works fine if i watch what im doing.

desktop icons i have mainly by going in the ThirdWire main folder (typically yourComp\Program Files(x86)\ ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2) and then sending teh various exes to desktop (ya know, where it creates a shortcut). but i got plenty of exes and shortcuts going

Untitled.thumb.jpg.e548ca846ee68ca020f91b2a5880e13a.jpg