CrazyhorseB34

FE2 Mission Editor

I know one does not exist.

But how hard would it be to make one?

Would anyone who could,be willing to try?

Maybe is possible to use the SF ME addon as a base for the FE2 one?

There is one it is called Notepad  :biggrin:

Ok I will shut up now

• Like 2

ahhh but do you mean mission editor or the campaign editor, 2 totally different fish.

ahhh but do you mean mission editor or the campaign editor, 2 totally different fish.

I'm talking about this... Maybe is possible to use it as a foundation for a FE2 editor?

Imagdgdfge1_zpsn5nflpd3.jpg

• Like 2

Dunno mate, never felt the need to use it , not even used it on SF, I have used the Campaign editor, which I feel is far more useful, and would be nice to have for FE......as for making it work, I'm sure it must be possible, however as no one has done so thus far, it begs the question .

I use it a lot, 95% of my time in SF is playing Mission Created missions. And I will play a lot more of FE2 If it had a Mission Editor.

• Like 1

I would imagine it must be possible to get it working, as to how, I wouldn't even know where to start. It does make you wonder why TK never bothered creating mission/campaign editors for the FE side of things.

2 words...

"niche market"

(much to the detriment of the dedicated players and modders!)

That's why I ask to use the existing ME as a start point.

Very true, such a shame really. Seems to be the trend across the board with games in general, Naval Action being a case in point where the Devs wern't listening to the players who were in the game for the long haul.

CrazyhorseB34 - have you tried Nippy's Dogfight editor for FE1 and FE2? It lets you select the types of planes (up to 4 types for each side) - but you cannot set targets or waypoints. I have used it for making simple missions.

CrazyhorseB34 - have you tried Nippy's Dogfight editor for FE1 and FE2? It lets you select the types of planes (up to 4 types for each side) - but you cannot set targets or waypoints. I have used it for making simple missions.

I use it very often

The only thing to add would be a takeoff airfield and the possibility to choose the cambat zone (ie "target") => that would be enough for a start

Cool editor, but one with the same habilities of the SF2 one would have been better. Design attack missions, patrols against two seaters, deep recon...