It's great to have Geezer back! Geezer is mostly interested in First Eagles projects but he has done quite a few preliminary mid thirties/early WW2 models that can be made to work in SF2. Geezer has given me the OK to post them as open beta testers so I'm going to upload a few of the more finished ones here and take a closer look at some of the others.

This thread is aimed at "do it your self" types and the uploads will be incomplete in some respects. That means things like unfinished skins, [make your own] no bomb racks, [add your own] and  unfinished FM's.  These aircraft may or may not get finished at some point but at least the "12 people" [Wrench Quote :biggrin:] who have an interest in SF2-WW2 will be able to add some new and interesting aircraft.

I think the thread will be good for exchanging information and files as well. Any new skins can be posted here, as well as edits for nation specific types etc.

Some rules:

1. None of Geezers models or skins can be used in a formal upload without his consent. They are beta.

2. None of his models or skins can be posted to another website.

3. Preferably, keep any exchange of files confined to this thread, so everyone stays in the loop.

Here are a couple of links to get 2 "finished" Geezer models: https://combatace.com/files/file/16169-geezer-sea-gladiator-for-sf-2-mto-and-eto/?tab=comments  

https://combatace.com/files/file/16173-geezer-cr-42-sf-2-mto/?tab=comments

I will be uploading a CR-32 beta tester very soon.

• Like 4

CR-32 Package attached. The model looks quite complete. I think the skin is Spanish and unfinished. The FM is almost done but I never found good engine data so the engine table is a bit generic. I don't think I ever found a good speed at altitude table either so any info on those subjects would be appreciated. CR32.7z

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

I like the current FM... very good rolling maneuvers !:pilotfly:

CR.32 vs Sea Gladiator

Edited by Coupi
  • Like 2

Damn, I knew the CR32 pilot's visibility was bad, but that is awful.  I'll see if I can find the model - I had to clean out my HD recently - and maybe lower the gun sight line a bit?

I'm really not sure. I remember finding it difficult sighting EA but when I looked at some pictures and diagrams, thought it was legit.

35 minutes ago, Geezer said:

Damn, I knew the CR32 pilot's visibility was bad, but that is awful.  I'll see if I can find the model - I had to clean out my HD recently - and maybe lower the gun sight line a bit?

Geezer, your model is perfect on that point. Their visibility was very poor as in the real plane. The upper wing was very close to the fuselage.

I know it's WIP but do you plan to add the gunsight tube and the heat dissipators on nose? 

Superb work!!!

I did a very quick review on the CR32 cockpit and it looks proper. I think Coupi had the default view zoomed out a bit, maybe for artistic reasons. :smile:

I checked the cockpit position and it looked good. Also checked the gunsight alignment by firing a few rounds at ground targets and they hit within the small inner ring from probably a couple hundred feet. Here's what the default view looks like:

CR32cockpit1.thumb.jpg.ade1ef11fd7dc9c32527ff4721f9a5df.jpg

I think the only other thing to check might be the depth of the upper wing fuel tank.

• Like 2

Here is a CR-42 package for ETO use. It represents the CR-42's that were based in Belgium for a couple of months in late 1940. The date range is very tight, just the month of November, 1940. To avoid potential issues the nation name has been set to Nazi Germany.

The skin looks "near finished" but is missing numbers on the right fuselage. [?]

To keep the file size small, the Lods are not included. You will have to copy and paste the 4 Lods from the CR-42 linked on the first page. There is a very nice Italian Euro pilot included in this pack.

Here it is: CR-42eto.7z

On the hard drive I found a CR-42 model with bomb racks so will try and get that one sorted out next. Also a Gladiator Mk1 with multi lods and what looks like a finished skin.

• Thanks 1

... CR.42s vs Hurricane Mk.Is !:drinks:

• Like 4

Geezer sent me some CR-42 artwork files for skinners. They are PSD files [I don't have a clue] and this first batch is for the early CR-42's. There are some others for the later fighter bomber/intruder versions but I will upload them with the late version CR-42's. Here are the files: Desert & BoB CR42.rar

The Gladiator Mk1 is "more ready" than the late CR-42 versions so will upload it next.

• Thanks 1

These are nice-looking models, thanks for sharing them Baffmeister (and Geezer).

Any chance of templates for the CR.32 as well?

• Like 1

More artwork from Geezer. Here is a link to some CR-42 artwork that was uploaded to First Eagles quite some time ago. It looks like it may have some additional items not included in the previous pack.

https://combatace.com/files/file/15558-cr42-1940-graphics-pack/

And here are some unfinished CR-32 PSD's. Might be a good starting point for anyone interested in making a CR-32 skin. CR32 Spain ARTWORK.rar

Thanks Baffmeister!

Are there also any reduced poly LODs for the CR.32? The principal LOD is pretty big (17,180 polys), and some reduced poly versions for long distance viewing would be useful.

Geezer's Gladiator MK1 attached.  The model is "quite finished' with a couple of skins and some distance Lod's as well. Like the Sea Gladiator the canopy is fixed open and the cockpit has non functional gauges. Also, there are no animated flaps but , unlike the Sea Gladiator, I didn't add the "fake flaps", which make things easier for carrier landings. With the open canopy and pilot in shirt sleeves, this plane probably best suits an MTO install. I think the date range I came up with reflects MTO use.   Gladiator_MK1.7z

Skinners may want to check out some Gladiator artwork in the FE downloads: https://combatace.com/files/file/16037-templates-for-gladiator-mk1-and-mk2/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice looking model of the Fiat CR.32, in a WW2 Mediterranean camo scheme (and hoping for some lower poly LODs in due course):

CR32 African camo2.JPG

CR32 African camo.JPG

Edited by Gatling20
  • Like 7

Attached is an updated Sea Gladiator FM. This includes some updates that were made to the Gladiator Mk1. One of the new things is a fixed pitch propeller advance table that I've been testing. It gives more realistic take off acceleration and presumably more realistic climb rates but I haven't checked that. Someone who knows told me the game over models propeller thrust at low speeds so I really don't pay much attention to climb rates. Hopefully, careful attention to engine tables and drag values make the prop FM's OK in a relative sense.

The prop advance tables I included with the CR-32 and Gladiator Mk1 have a mistake so you may want to copy and paste the one from the Sea Gladiator. Here's what I'm talking about, in the engine section:

PropEfficiencyAdvanceRatioTableNumData=17
PropEfficiencyAdvanceRatioTableDeltaX=0.1
PropEfficiencyAdvanceRatioTableStartX=0.0
PropEfficiencyAdvanceRatioTableData=0.041,0.183,0.348,0.468,0.554,0.616,0.684,0.742,0.763,0.781,0.797,0.870,0.870,0.870,0.702,0.457,0.000

Here's the updated Sea Gladiator FM: Sea_Gladiator_DATA0.95.zip

Also, a link to a "no catapult take off" mod I did for the HMS Eagle: https://combatace.com/forums/topic/88913-hms-eagle-free-take-off-mod/?tab=comments#comment-718143

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Flight test from the HMS Eagle ! :pilotfly:

• Like 3