Sign in to follow this  
mue

object scale in FE1 and FE2

What it is about " 63% objects do not belong in this sim?" that you don't?

By all means make whatever objects you like. But don't try to pretend that they fit the existing sim because "someone once told me to do this, it is in my notes so it must be right"; or expect people to agree with you.

The FE terrains, and many of the early SF terrains, are at about 63% of real-world size, as Wrench has rightly said (there are also many full-sized SF terrains these days).

If that is a justification for 63% objects, then all the aircraft should be 63% also.

Like Mue, I do not understand why you are so offensive to others, and hostile to the plain facts. There are no 63% objects in FE1, FE2, SF1 or SF2, except those made by you.

If I had to guess, I would say that you have realised that you made an unwarranted design decision a while back, and can't bear to admit that it was wrong.

Your mind is made up, and you won't be confused by any facts, but that is no excuse for slagging off at those who prefer accuracy and consistency in the sim.

• Like 1

Fine.  You clowns have been pestering me since day one because you ASSUMED I was interested in your opinions.  Not once have I ever said I cared about SF or the views of SF fanboyz.  Not once.

Despite that, you clowns persisted in coming to the FE threads and ASSUMING that your inputs were relevant despite the fact that none of you know anything about professional art direction/design.

I do not care what you think, and never have.  If this unfortunate situation is what it takes to get you clowns to shut up and go away then so be it.

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Geezer said:

Fine.  You clowns have been pestering me since day one because you ASSUMED I was interested in your opinions.  Not once have I ever said I cared about SF or the views of SF fanboyz.  Not once.

Despite that, you clowns persisted in coming to the FE threads and ASSUMING that your inputs were relevant despite the fact that none of you know anything about professional art direction/design.

I do not care what you think, and never have.  If this unfortunate situation is what it takes to get you clowns to shut up and go away then so be it.

Once again, why are you so insulting? I don't get it. We weren't offensive to you! We only stated and proofed the facts about object scaling in all TW games.
And BTW why do you think we are SF "fanboyz". As I already stated, I also own and play FE2. So why do you call me a SF fanboy?

@Geezer I'm still waiting for the proof of the existence of 63% scale stock objects. Where is the example?

Now everyone needs to take a deep breath...and discontinue this conversation...please. It really leads to nothing.

Me? I'm having a pint

Slàinte

• Like 2

Very wise. You guys are all artists. Masters of modeling and I have a profound respect for all of you. 

• Like 1

Ok, it seems nothing new is coming in this thread. So it's a good time to summerize the facts given in this thread:

Fact 1.) All measurements of stock objects in all games (SF1/SF2/FE1/FE2) have shown that the stock objects are of 100% size.
Fact 2.) No proof was given for the claim, that there exist 63% size stock objects. Not a single 63% size stock object was shown.
Based on fact 1. and 2. it can be assumed all stock objects in all games are of 100% size.

Fact 3.) You can create objects at any scale you like (e.g. 10%, 50%, 63%, 100%, 200%,...). Nobody is stopping you.
Fact 3.a) If you create an object with a different scale than 100%, you maybe get problems if you want to mix it with 100% (stock) objects.
Fact 3.b) No reasons were given why it is beneficial to scale objects 63%, besides the flawed assumption of the existence of 63% sized stock objects (see fact 1. and 2.)

You're laboring under the false impression that someone died and left you in charge.  This unfortunate situation exists only because you chose to come to the FE forums and cause trouble. 

A prominent SF modder observed that the best modders work in FE.  Whether true or not, the point is modding is supposed to be a fun and rewarding hobby not an ego trip.  Speaking only for myself, I will have fun making stuff any way I please.  Others may use or reject my work as they see fit because they are entitled to pursue their hobby any way they see fit.  That's what its all about.

What you think does not matter.

@Geezer, please don't imply that I want to be in charge or that I'm on an ego trip. I have never written something like that. Because of your mention of "the best modders work in FE" and your insulting posts in the past, one could rather think that you are on an ego trip.

I really only wanted to correct the flawed assumption that FE objects have to be of 63% size. I want to help (new) modders by giving them correct information. As this thread shows, a lot of people were under the false impression that FE object have to be scaled down and then they wonder why the new created objects don't match the size of the stock objects. I only stated this fact and proofed it with measurement. But you, however were angry for whatever reasons, what I really don't get. If you don't want this information, fine. But maybe other modders find them useful.

I come back from a short business trip, and find you are still whining.  You are stubborn to a fault.

One of several reasons why I won't touch SF with a ten foot pole is it is full of obnoxious fanboys like you.  You deserve to be insulted because, when it comes to my intellectual property the only thing that matters is what I think.  Go back to your own forums and pound sand.

Geezer: I have been flying FE1 and FE2 since they were first released (in 2006 and 2010 respectively), so your simple-minded epithet "SF fanboy", although no doubt intended to be offensive, means nothing to me.

It is fairly clear that, as you say, the only thing that matters to you is your own opinion. But for the rest of us, your 63% objects are just so much useless rubbish. They are far too small to be useful or to look realistic in these sims. They make the sim look like flying over hobbit-town, not WW1 Europe.

Wrench has probably made or upgraded more terrains than anyone (perhaps with the exception of Edward, one of whose first terrains was for FE, WWI Cambrai), and they both use only 100% objects. You should listen to Wrench - what he said earlier in this thread was: "the 63% comes from the size of the TERRAIN. Not the objects."

All stock objects in FE1 and FE2, vehicles and buildings, are 100% of actual size. There are no 63% objects, except those made by you.

And it is not "SF fanboys" saying this, it is long-term FE flyers, who care about accuracy and, in the sim, versimilitude.

Make what you like, for your own artistic interest, and when you produce accurate quality products, like your Gloster Gladiator and Fiat CR.32, I will be among the first to praise them. But don't expect unalloyed praise when you make a fundamental design error and turn out rubbish which cannot be used.

NewClothes.jpg

@Geezer...are you really serious?
You seem to be a talented 3D artist, but your ability for discussion is...how should I say..."improvable". You not only insulted me, but the whole SF community. Why do you make it a FE vs. SF thing? As Gatling20 wrote, it really makes you look simple-minded. Maybe you didn't know that the game engines of both games are nearly identical. E.g. this very thread has shown that the stock objects of ALL TW games (FE and SF) are the same big 100% size. So IMHO the TW community should not be grouped in "FE fanboyz" vs. "SF fanboyz", but rather should be seen as one big family :drinks: ! But maybe you need this "us vs them" scheme? I don't know. It's a pitty.
This thread, from my point of view as thread opener, was never about your intellectual property. This thread is, as I already explained to you multiple times, about the scale of stock objects.
Last point: What makes you think you can decide who are allowed to post in what (sub) forums. Are you a moderator?

I have stated several times that I do not care what the SF community thinks.  Your obsessive compulsive behavior is spoiling what should be an enjoyable hobby for everyone.  I am now going to do what I should have done when you first came to the FE forums - follow Mark Twain's advice and ignore you.

60e032da98053e37d53294fd326ee4c4.jpg

I have fucking had it with the bullshit!!

isn't the world fucked up enough, aren't there enough personal shit in our lives that we have to dump on each other here?

This is done..

locked.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1