Open Club  ·  11 members

Sign in to follow this  
VonBeerhofen

Milestone

Today EAWPRO broke the 10.000th freed bytes barrier and celebrates 15 years of uninterrupted online flying!

Current bytecount:

44.442 bytes changed of which

10.092 were removed from the gameloop by means of optimising code in Assembly language.

VonBeerhofen

LPRocks.jpg

• Like 1

Wow thats a jump since last I was told by you of how many bytes and all.

Happy Anniversary. :)

10 hours ago, MarkEAW said:

Wow thats a jump since last I was told by you of how many bytes and all.

Yep, since I have more time now I'm working very hard on implementing code which should prevent irresponsible and unauthorised use of my work. Fact is that anyone hosting a program of which they were not part in it's devellopment and therefore also have no idea how it will behave in a certain environment, are putting their own and other people's computers at risk when hosting it against the author's explicit and multiple warnings.  It's a very sad thing that such warnings were taken as a threat.

It is inevitable that progress will not stop because of this behaviour and with every step I make the program will get further and further away from anything which relates to v1.2 or even older versions. This is a new game and it works differently, I wish it wasn't like that but it just comes with the territory, like it or not.

VonBeerhofen

33 minutes ago, VonBeerhofen said:

Fact is that anyone hosting a program of which they were not part in it's devellopment and therefore also have no idea how it will behave in a certain environment, are putting their own and other people's computers at risk when hosting it against the author's explicit and multiple warnings

Nobody apart from Mark is hosting any of your programs, and why would they want to?

You tell me m8, perhaps they're incapable of creating something themselves. I'm just saying that it's dangerous and irresponsible and that steps have been taken to prevent it, as a service to the EAW community.

VonBeerhofen

Edited by VonBeerhofen

I was part of this and I´m proud of it. Congrats to all members!!!!

• Like 1

Hi Claudio,

great to finally meet one of the founders of the EAW modding community. I'm a great admirer of your work and I thank you for the insight you've given me personally with your notes and explanations on the workings of EAW. A big S! to you Sir!

VonBeerhofen

• Like 1

Hi Claudio

I did not realise that you were still around, so it is good to see your post.
I just checked your page at Sandbaggers, and there is a lot of great stuff still available :biggrin:

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..