bras

Terrian folder not there...

Ok, all I have is the stand alone strike fighters 2 Vietnam game. I downloaded the green hell mod but am at a loss at where to put the folder. I have controls, missions, objects, pilot data and screenshots and that's it. I made a mod folder and put the green hell folder in that but no joy. I then deleted the mod folder and just created a Vietnam sea folder with all the info in that. No joy again.  Currently the trail looks like this: Users/my name/saved games/thirdwire/strikefighters2 Vietnam/then the above 5 folders...

Anyone have the same problem? All I've been able to find is merged games, not just stand alone strikefighters 2 Vietnam.

Regards.   

You have to create a "terrains" folder in main game directory and put inside all terrains you want ....

It's ok. I tried that. Created a Terrian folder to put with the other 5 folders then copy and pasted the files from the green hell download into it and still no joy.  

Post a screen shot of your file structure.  

my setup looks like this

1) username/savedgames/thirdwire/strikefighters2 Vietnam/ ... <=== this was created automatically by running the game, it includes an option-file

2) whatever_you_want/sf2_mods/... <=== this one is created by me, at whatever place and whatever name i like, and this includes all the relevant folders with add-ons, modifications etc. including a terrainS-folder (note the S: it is plural instead of singular in the sf1-series) which includes the different locations (vietnam_sea, salomons etc.)

i link to no.2 in the option-file (down low, mods-folders-name) which resides in no. 1) ;-)

not quite sure if this helps.
sokol

The "Terrains" folder should be directly in your "Saved Games/ThirdWire/StrikeFighters2 Vietnam" folder. Within this folder you should have a VietnamSEA folder and within it the Green Hell files (can't remember the file structure within its archive though).

It should look like "Users/my name/Saved Games/ThirdWire/StrikeFighters2 Vietnam/Terrains/VietnamSEA" in case I wasn't clear.

Edited by Gunrunner

also observed, you keep spelling terrains as terrians

hopefully this is just an empty posting, but if you still have issues after creating a folder in the right location, do check that

Tried it exactly as said with proper spelling and correct name of file and now it kicks me back to desktop. I took out the terrains folder altogether to make it vanilla again and still kicked me back to desktop. I think I'm going to have to reinstall the game from scratch. The kicker is many moons ago I believe I had this game and had that exact mod installed and it worked. 

The terrain mods go in the MODS folder, not the core files install ... I don't suppose there was anything said about that in the read me??

You never, never EVER touch the core install and the folders & files therein. This is all covered in the Knowledge Base, in "What is the Mods Folder" thread.

Seriously, how hard can it be??:dntknw:

sf2v mods folder.jpg

in other news, what is the z storage terrain?(the joys of screenshotting one's own system....)

next project released, the real read me is gonna be titled "dont bother", while the readme file will be filled with insults from The Princess Bride

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Haha 1

that folder holds experimental river tiles, that have brown water instead of the stock 3W green. Which isn't quite right (information from friends, family that have been there - one older brother of my best friend growing up was in PBRs)

• Like 2