I'm working on a fictional theater using the beautiful Madagascar terrain. It features the T-45 as a fictional mercenary naval fighter (F/A-19E), with a brand new skin and ini edits, operating from long-deck Essex carriers off the coast.

It imagines a budget war using low-cost trainers instead of front-line aircraft. So it includes AT-6B, Super Tucano, Hawk 52/60, L-39, MB-339, Alphajet and many others.

They've all been set for CAP and SWEEP missions, so it's a battle of the small and swift. Much fun.

img00009.thumb.JPG.75eb325a25257b2ecc64a487a724a656.JPG

img00007.thumb.JPG.5581829cfb061487ff6771d3fa615ea1.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Very interesting. Looking forward to see more of it. A suggestion, use low price vehicles as enemy, T-55 as MBT, lots of BTR-60 and some MTLB, and plenty of technicals.

• Like 1

Good to see someone using the Madagascar terrain I've made; I really liked working on it. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Menrva said:

Good to see someone using the Madagascar terrain I've made; I really liked working on it. 

It's really beautiful. I like the varied terrains. Throwing in carriers was a major plus for me. I've also added in your RealSky environment. Though I plugged in my latest cloud graphic, one I haven't released before.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ShrikeHawk said:

I've also added in your RealSky environment. Though I plugged in my latest cloud graphic, one I haven't released before.

Oh man, I almost forgot, you are the one who made the great CloudScape mods! And I credited you at the time I released the realSKY package... I'm getting old, LOL! 

Good to see you still around! Any new clouds by you are always welcome! They have the right feel. Keep in mind that we can even have different cloud graphics for each weather type. This is not implemented in realSKY yet, as I am not sure which clouds would be appropriate to which weather, and it's also a matter of taste. I'm open to your suggestions for future improvements of the mod.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Menrva said:

Any new clouds by you are always welcome!

Most cool. Yeah, clouds are very much a matter of taste. Everybody has their favorite look. Here's some screenies of battle between Atlas Impalas and Aero L-39ZOs. Seriously chaotic. I was a busy pilot. New clouds and your Madagascar terrain are highlighted.

img00015.thumb.JPG.02a771984f67b329a262158d5db15bb5.JPG

img00018.thumb.JPG.0cc7e5b34c5b90fb0db528d1eb0d030e.JPG

img00019.thumb.JPG.2ba51dbfdfe67479c2553e5407df67bd.JPG

• Like 3

Can you share this campaign?

7 minutes ago, madvad said:

Can you share this campaign?

@ShrikeHawk is offline since May 2022. Before necro-posting, it's good norm to check if the user you're asking to is still active in the site.

2 minutes ago, Menrva said:

@ShrikeHawk is offline since May 2022. Before necro-posting, it's good norm to check if the user you're asking to is still active in the site.

I know how forums work and I imagined that by replying here, he would receive an email and be interested in responding to the topic.

But thank you for the clarification, noble sir.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, madvad said:

But thank you for the clarification, noble sir.

with so many folks gone period, or that disappear for long periods of time, its usually best to check when someone was last on site before a necrobump.

and i thought emails were for PMs, not simple posts on topics. i know its how mine is set up and thought thats how they all were. something else to consider

7 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

with so many folks gone period, or that disappear for long periods of time, its usually best to check when someone was last on site before a necrobump.

and i thought emails were for PMs, not simple posts on topics. i know its how mine is set up and thought thats how they all were. something else to consider

How long does it take for a post to be considered necro-posting, could anyone tell me or is it up to everyone's common sense?
I didn't make a comment on an off-topic post or something irrelevant.
He created a post about a Campaign he was creating and I became interested in it and asked the question.
What's the problem with that?

If we cannot comment on something after a certain period of time, I suggest that the posts are automatically deleted after a stipulated period of time, so that they no longer appear in a possible search for keywords like this one and do not generate this "problem" , and also has the benefit of saving space on the server.

I've been a creator and administrator of forums since the early 2000s, and I've never seen a problem if someone "digs up" an old post that was available for consultation, as long as it's for something relevant.

I think this type of complaint is a lot of ado being made about nothing.
(And every post I create I "subscribe" so that I am notified when someone responds, this is part of my "good norm" on forums)

Hugs

• Like 1

shooot, I thought this was about bitcoin ... oh well...

==

In my assumption (oh! that word!!!) I would think that if there's no activity in a thread for one year, it should be considered dead. Removing it is actually not a real option, as sometimes these Elder Threads (tm) may have important data for someone, at sometime in their future. So, we leave them be.

Unfortunately, Elder Threads (tm) are necroed all the time due folks not thinking about WHEN the thread was started and the last post therein. That's where common sense (is supposed) to come in. We all know where humanity is with common sense (not pointing at NOBODY!!).

And every post I create I "subscribe" so that I am notified when someone responds, this is part of my "good norm" on forums

and THAT, friends, is an EXCELLENT idea. Wish more people would use that option

• Like 2