Is it me or the AI love to never lose energy and out turn me despite of their airframe limits including the G tolerance of the pilot? Let me know cause from other sources, I have heard more or less from each side of the debate. I would like to think that I am being cheated and robots have no brains on most levels.

Most AI has workarounds for various reasons a lot of it so they can actually provide the player a fight.

In DCS I can say with a fair amount of certainty that the ACE AI level does cheat......they simply give it a very high power and performance boost so if you are in the same platform little chance you can compete on the same kinetic level. It is a game feature I suppose in that it was a simple way to make it more challenging.

If you can set up single missions then you could experiment with the different AI levels and find a better level.

Failing that the DCS airquake servers will have humans with the same flight model (this may depend on server settings) at least and nothing to set up.

Oh, it does.  Get into an F-16C and fight an AI F-5E on Excellent or whatever.  Bring the fight vertical, then swap between the aircraft as you go through the energy egg and you'll see just how much more energy the F-5 has as it goes high to low under twice the "g" load as your F-16.  I noticed when I was doing this last night that the F-5E was at the low 100s KIAS at the top of the egg, then as it came down, it would be loaded up (as high as 6g at the bottom of the egg) and accelerating to the high 300s of KIAS.  I, on the other hand, would be at the low 100s at the top of the egg, and as I came down slightly loaded up (only reaching about 2.5g until the base of the egg where I'd hit up to 3.8g), I would only make it to the mid-200s KIAS before coming back up.  I'm sure some of it is my own hamfistedness, but an F-5 should NOT be able to out-accelerate an F-16C Block 50 on the way down such that it has more than a 100 KIAS advantage against the Viper.

Flying against it in my most familiar mount, the F-14B, I can reliably and repeatedly defeat the F-5, but it does things it shouldn't be able to do against an F-14B, one of those being to out-climb the B-Tomcat.  It basically does the same "Bathtub" tactic the F-15C does in spite of a far inferior T/W to the F-15 and F-14.  

Other ridiculous AI include the MiG-15 and F-86.  The AI can maintain pitch and roll control down to 40KIAS. 

My group does PvP guns-only and you'd best believe that player flight models are far, far more realistic.  Try to pull the same thing the AI does with a player jet and you're going to die.  The thing that gets to me is just how random it seems.  Some aircraft seem at least plausible in their AI form, while others are just UFOs.  Just depends on the jet.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By VonS

Apr. 17, 2023 Update - Please find, available at the link below, my previously released mods. for RoF United Ed. - this time as a convenient, consolidated package that has been updated with the latest tweaks. Do read the included "Read Me" files, where available, for more info., particularly the "READ_ME_ROF_General_Info" file that is located in the root folder of the package when unzipped. This package is provided "as is," with no active support beyond the included explanatory files. The "Consolidated Mods. New" Package contains the latest AI mod. (ver. 1.4) for RoF United, as well as mods. previously offered separately, such as the "M-S Type H Campaigning Tweak," the "PWCG modulations" files, etc.
      Apr. 29, 2023 Update - Included below the link to the "Consolidated Mods. New" package is Ver. 3 of the PWCG "modulations" files (to be installed manually in the PWCG ver. 16.3.1; see directions included in the larger, consolidated package). Ver. 3 of the "modulations" files increases wind and turbulence settings, as well as provides greater chance of encountering more capable AI when flying PWCG campaigns, especially if used in conjunction with my newer AI mods. for RoF (such as ver. 1.36 or 1.4, included in the big consolidated package).
      Important Note: if using the Ver. 3 PWCG "modulations" files, instead of the Ver. 2 ones included in the big consolidated package for RoF -- make sure to change settings, if you choose to change any, from within the modulations, i.e., the RofCampaignSpecific, files themselves -- otherwise, tampering with relevant settings from within the PWCG advanced menu options will automatically delete extra entries for the AI that I've included in the Ver. 3 modulations. This note does not apply to the Ver. 2 modulations since those don't contain any extra AI settings.
      Feb. 6, 2024 Update - RoF AI mods. vers. 1.36 and 1.4 have been upgraded to vers. 1.37 and 1.41, respectively. The new versions have tweaked the AI's ability to follow commands more quickly and/or properly. Ver. 1.41 also contains further tweaks to safe alts. for the AI, to minimize unnecessary crashes and very low-level dogfighting. The entire consolidated package has been renamed from "Consolidated Mods New" to "Consolidated Mods New V.2" (i.e., Version 2).

ROF_ConsolidatedModsNewV2_VonS.zip
      ForRoFpwcgModulationsVer3_VonS.zip
      Happy flying,
      Von S 

• By Tonci87
      I´m sure you have seen it in some movie, or read it in a story. 
      Someone who has no clue about airplanes has to get in one and fly off to somewhere.
      They usually just get in and fly away, but it is really that simple?
      Since I´m new to the flightsim genre I decide to dedicate my first flight to answering that question.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMxr0QLArPc
    • By MigBuster

"The Heatblur Simulations F-4E Phantom II is the culmination of over 2 years of intense development, preceded by countless hours of research and built with our next-gen technology that brings many new features, leaning on all the know-how gained from our previous modules. DCS: F-4 represents some of the most immersive cold war fighter jet simulation available. Climb into the cockpit of this beast and announce yourself with thunder, as you experience the thrill of riding a primeval spirit.
      DCS: F-4 includes, and models, both the DMAS and non-DMAS equipped F-4E Phantom II variants using the powerful J-79 engines. It utilizes our next-gen components based simulation framework - the aircraft is simulated as a connection of thousands of individual components. From an instrument needle to control surfaces, each component influences the state of the aircraft and even comes with its own wear and tear. Enjoy in depth fluids and electric simulations, a dynamic flight model and many new “firsts” in DCS, when flying and fighting in the F-4! 
      With the DCS F-4 we are introducing JESTER 2.0 - a completely rebuilt and redesigned JESTER AI to help you as your WSO, with improved and updated intelligence, a new interface and new immersive features, like pro-actively asking you questions depending on the situation - changing his behavior based on your answers. Teamwork is key in the Phantom. With JESTER 2.0 you will be able to not only enjoy this multiseat fighter in multiplayer with a friend, but also in singleplayer on your own. "

There are 4 options to choose from on the Heatblur store only for now - Order at your own risk.
      https://store.heatblur.com/products/dcs-f-4-phantom

• By orsin
      I am thinking of a city night light solution. I would like to check if anyone tried this before, and what was the result

The idea is to use a semi-transparent low polygon box that provides a layer of orange colour near the ground. And set the element to be rendered disregarding light levels. Just like the light on carrier deck.

Each single element will cover a small area. Every 30/50  elements can be grouped to be 1 model to be placed to cover the entire road cross/block to simplify the planning. And they can be made destroya ble.

Anyone?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..