Hello !

After several weeks of modding, i am now near ready to start my first campaign,  which will be in a Mystere IV over Israel in 1956... but I have one last dilemma, regarding what is considered as the ultimate IsraelME terrain mod. I have installed the last mod from Wrench, but I really miss Stary's Tiles,  which are truly beautiful.

Is There a way to use these tiles on wrench terrain ? Or is stary's terrain the ultimate one as a standalone install?

I am really confused about the numerous mods we have here...

Thanks for your help!

Fly safe !

Penaratahiti 

You can always combine different mods as long as the contents of each mod do not conflict each other. Take a look on both mods and read carefully the read me files. Stary's HR tiles can replace only stock tiles if I remember correct. That means that if Wrench has put additional tiles then these tiles will be displayed along with Stary's HR tiles (resulting in two different tilesets being displayed in game). Also terrain_data.ini is of critical importance. If every mod has its own, then you must be able to choose which one must be used according to how you want to combine these two mods.

1 hour ago, tiopilotos said:

You can always combine different mods as long as the contents of each mod do not conflict each other. Take a look on both mods and read carefully the read me files. Stary's HR tiles can replace only stock tiles if I remember correct. That means that if Wrench has put additional tiles then these tiles will be displayed along with Stary's HR tiles (resulting in two different tilesets being displayed in game). Also terrain_data.ini is of critical importance. If every mod has its own, then you must be able to choose which one must be used according to how you want to combine these two mods.

Thank you tiopilotos.

It seems that wrench used specific Tiles so They will not match with Stary's ones I think.

One other thing I don't understand is the difference between these 2 files, both by Wrench :

34 minutes ago, penaratahiti said:

One other thing I don't understand is the difference between these 2 files, both by Wrench :

The first one is a remod of Gepard's Israel 2 terrain, which is of Real World size. The other one is a rebuild of the stock TW's Isreal terrain included in SF2I, which is roughly 60% of Real World size (stock SF2 terrains are smaller to compensate for the lack of air to air refueling and to provide more packed action).

All in all, if you're looking to play the campaigns, the stock terrain with Stary's tileset will do. To make campaigns work with those packages you showed, you'd have to edit campaign files.

Look for eburger68's campaign expansions, there are so many for different terrain scenarios. They are comprehensive of many changes and additions, providing more more aircraft and more historically accurate units for campaigns. Here below the ones concerning Israel:

EDIT: to answer your first question, there is no ultimate Israel terrain. Wrench's remod of the stock terrain is great (and might work with stock campaigns as it is), but it misses additional high resolution tiles to work together with Stary's tileset.

Edited by Menrva
  • Thanks 1

Ok thank you for this clarifications, due to my need to get an immersive campaign and that i have not hours to spend to download/make specific mod folders/edit campaigns, i will get stary's terrain as is, and it will do the job I think.

You can put Stary's tiles on Wrench/Gepard terrain.  Lots of work. But.

Works for me.

Does nobody read a fucking read me??? It's clearly stated in the IME upgrade that it can't be combined with any other tileset.

A massive amount of retiling has been performed, with the addition of over 60 new tiles to fill in blanks left in the original set. BE ADVISED: these new tiles match the STOCK styling =ONLY=!! Do NOT use these new tiles in/on any IME terrain with any other tile set. They will not match!!

This was done ON PURPOSE to help keep framerates up due to so many new terrain objects. That expanded stock tileset also fills in a shitload of blanks and mistakes that had never been corrected since WoI came out in (what?) 2006/7???

The full size Israel 2 terrain uses a combination of the original stock desert tiles (for the farms) and the IME tiles for most of the rest.

Please, READ the readmes!!! Saves a lot of grief in the long run.

54 minutes ago, Wrench said:

Does nobody read a fucking read me??? It's clearly stated in the IME upgrade that it can't be combined with any other tileset.

This was done ON PURPOSE to help keep framerates up due to so many new terrain objects. That expanded stock tileset also fills in a shitload of blanks and mistakes that had never been corrected since WoI came out in (what?) 2006/7???

The full size Israel 2 terrain uses a combination of the original stock desert tiles (for the farms) and the IME tiles for most of the rest.

Please, READ the readmes!!! Saves a lot of grief in the long run.

I have read the Readme but was Asking myself whether i could merge the terrains.

Thanks a lot for your great work Wrench!

12 hours ago, Wrench said:

Do not get me wrong. I am aware of read_me.

But still, i did a shitload of work to convert stary's tiles to your terrain.  including adding more than 60 new tiles. 

5ead240829ead_Israel2_Textures4x_000.thumb.jpg.68e3803d66f0866cec5c3695ebe968e9.jpg

few things are not finished (and perhaps never will be..but for home use, this terrain now is quite a prefect)

• Like 5

good job!!! I KNOW how much work that can be. I never liked the snow, though. I know it not there all year round (have cousins that live in Israel) Maybe we need a seasonal tile set!!! :lol::stars:

my post was pointed to the OP, not you Jarek!!