Hello, I have today a Logitech Extreme 3d pro and now I wonder is T.Flight Hotas 4 is a good choice for Strike fighters 2? I men if this is compatible with SF2 or a good choice for Strike fighters 2? 

I loved my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and it lasted about 12 years before a couple of sticky buttons made me retire it last month.

I can't comment on the Hotas 4 but I bought a Hotas 1 and I'm delighted with it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spinners said:

I loved my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and it lasted about 12 years before a couple of sticky buttons made me retire it last month.

I can't comment on the Hotas 4 but I bought a Hotas 1 and I'm delighted with it.

Hi, Thanks for that answer! My 3D pro after also 12 years has sadly same problem with buttons.

I have a T.flight Hotas X and an Top Gun Afterburner, both work very good with SF2, based on the pics Hotas4 even have more options, so you should be OK, on the run.

• Thanks 1

I love mine, works remarkably well and was rather cheap. However there is an annoying problem, the throttle has a notch in the middle that makes it get stuck at 50%, presumably to make it easier to use but it does the opposite, it's very difficult to use the 40-60% range if you need to make quick but careful adjustements. It shouldn't be a particularly big problem in SF2, but for example AA refuelling in DCS is a nightmare because of that. Also the length of the throttle's cable that connects it to the joystick is a bit too short, it's still long enough to use them separately but I personally would have been better off with a longer cable.

1 hour ago, Spinners said:

AFAIK the only difference between the Hotas X, the One and the 4 is that the X is only compatible with PC while the other two are compatible with the Xbox One and the PS4 respectively.

• Thanks 1

I started off with the Thrustmaster HOTAS 3 & recently upgraded to the 4. No issues here with SF2. 

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By wasteboy
      I've been away from SF2 for about 6 months or so and started flying again today. I wanted to tweak a few controls on my Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X unit as I have done in the past. When I go to the "Options/Control" and then "Customize" screen it only gives me the option of makeing changes to the keyboard. On the Control screen it recognizes the Thrustmaster but in the Customize area there is no way I can find to make button assignments on the controller.
      The previously customized control file is still there. I get the same results on Viet Nam, Korea, Desert Storm and North Atlantic. All previously worked.
      Thoughts and help please!!!!!!
    • By chrispdm1
      WOFF Default Keyboard Controls
      View File Here is a quick sheet I compiled showing all the default keyboard and joystick controls in Wings: Over Flanders Fields
      Submitter chrispdm1 Submitted 12/12/2013 Category Maps, Missions, and Campaigns  
    • By KJakker
      Well today my Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2 Joystick that I have had for, I think, fifteen years seems to have finally died on me.

I was testing some aircraft data file and weapons mods in SF2. The instant my test mission finished loading the aircraft went into an uncommanded role to the right and I was forced to Ctrl-Alt-Del out of the game. After that the game did not recognize the joystick which prompted me to check windows which showed that the stick was not detected by the OS but the port I had the joystick plugged into detected a flash drive just fine.

I have run the Windows Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and tried plugging the stick into multiple USB ports on three different computers to no effect. I don't know if it is the USB plug or an internal component that has failed.

Any advice other than buying a new Joystick?
    • By Flying Colander
      This is a Luftwaffe flight stick reproduced is resin and aluminium. It sports 5 completely wired buttons. The trigger springs up into a safety. The overall length is 65cm, about 25-26 inches long. The stick is perfect for a DIY flight stick project which I never managed to get to. I originally purchased the grip from a well-known German sim equipment maker. The stick has never been used.

I have it up for sale on Ebay starting at $199 which could be a bargain for someone. However, I'm just looking to cover my original purchase price against a strong Euro. $325 and it's yours now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201438277421?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Am willing to cut the alu post to your specifications to reduce shipping costs. Actual shipping costs, no gouging. Pick up in Phoenix, AZ area welcome.

Any questions? Please inquire.

• By ironroad
      When it comes to us flight and space simmers we have been pretty much left out in the cold the last decade or so.

Most companies have gone the console or racing sim/game route when it comes to accessories.

Came across this because for over two years I have been looking for an alternative to the now defunct Joylock Clamp system.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/151681/joystick-or-hotas-desk-mounting-hardware

http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/shifter-accessories/clubsport-shifter-table-clamp-us.html

29.95 USD, not sure how much they charge for shipping, but looks like it holds some promise.

The L-bracket is 21.95.

http://www.altrider.com/rotopax-l-bracket/pid/398and sold by a different company.

Before I got my current desk, the Ikea Fredde, I used of metal braces and L-shaped brackets to make a mount for my X65 HOTAS system.

The brackets worked; but the system was fixed, the corners were sharp and dangerous, and it required drilling into the desk to mount it.

Not sure what the shipping would be for the above clamps and for those in North America/The Americas, I believe these objects ship from Europe or the UK (not sure).

More information and examples of use can be found on the Roberts Space Industries form (link above).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..