This goes to the experts - a new tool that set ALL the airfield´s TAGs to 0 at once. Any chance?

What do you mean with TAGs? if its something inside the .ini i can try.

• Like 1

dollars to donuts he means height field tags, which are part of the HFD generated by the terrain editor.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wrench said:

dollars to donuts he means height field tags, which are part of the HFD generated by the terrain editor.

No, it means tilemap TAGs. I tried to explain it in the past. A tile with Tag=0 is treated as landable, with Tag=1 is treated as (bumpy) land, Tag=2 as water, so the plane explodes when on it.

13 hours ago, Wilches said:

This goes to the experts - a new tool that set ALL the airfield´s TAGs to 0 at once. Any chance?

It exists already, it's TFDtool. gerwin added this function on my request. Just download the newer version at his site.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Menrva said:

No, it means tilemap TAGs. I tried to explain it in the past. A tile with Tag=0 is treated as landable, with Tag=1 is treated as (bumpy) land, Tag=2 as water, so the plane explodes when on it.

It exists already, it's TFDtool. gerwin added this function at my request. Just download the newer version at his site.

this means there`s no way to land a sea plane? i haven`t tried it to be honest

16 minutes ago, one4five said:

this means there`s no way to land a sea plane? i haven`t tried it to be honest

Nope, AFAIK. If you hit a water tile (and Tag=2) the aircraft explodes. You can always set water tiles as Tag=0. The stock GermanyCE terrain from SF2E has the entire tilemap filled with Tag=0 tiles. The result is that you can land everything everywhere, even on water. Again, with TFDtool it can be fixed easily.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You're right Menrva. I followed your tip by reading older posts and succeed. The problem is to set all the airfields one by one to TAG=0. My point is to find a way to make it easier by doing everyone at once. Btw, I'll do some tests with water landings with false airfields as some terraformers had done before. Perhaps something new arise. Thanks so much guys!

17 minutes ago, Wilches said:

The problem is to set all the airfields one by one to TAG=0. My point is to find a way to make it easier by doing everyone at once.

Wilches, TFDtool already does this! Read the included readme files. You can set all Tags to 0 or as appropriate (meaning all airfields are set to 0). I am a terraformer, there's no other trick I use than this. Whichever target area uses an airfield.ini file, it gets surrounding tiles set to Tag=0.

Edited by Menrva

Really? I´ll look at this. Nice to know!! Thanks!!!!

1 hour ago, Wilches said:

Really? I´ll look at this. Nice to know!! Thanks!!!!

You're welcome. The tool does work. Sometimes, it sets too many tiles surrounding the airbase to Tag=0, so I manually set others to 1 or 2 where appropriate.

• Thanks 1