Do we have one? I’m looking for an appropriate pilot for the Hawk and Gnat instead of the usual olive green flight suit.

The Gnat pilot needs to be a 12-year old boy. Seriously, using a standard pilot, the legs will stick out from the undersides!

• Haha 4

Sort of Off-Topic. Once I tried to seat on a A-4 Skyhawk. No way! I´m 1.85m tall and my knees does no pass under the panel cutouts. Not speaking on hood. Simply did not close! What kind of pilots were allowed for them. A Hobbit???

• Haha 4

Not many tall Fast Jet drivers, the tall guys get to fly the transport aircraft and the helicopters. There are of course exceptions to the rule as with everything.

yup, tall guys got a really serious flying job... the rest have to fly in fighters.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, trotski00 said:

Not many tall Fast Jet drivers, the tall guys get to fly the transport aircraft and the helicopters. There are of course exceptions to the rule as with everything.

Seem to recall the height limit for the Harrier GR1/3 was something like 5’ 10”. Disappointed some of my taller contemporaries at Cranwell (1976-77).

On the other hand, helped strengthen the case for RAF female aircrew (admit bias there, ladyfriend is former USN aircrew 🇺🇸🙂)

On 07/03/2021 at 11:35 PM, russouk2004 said:

any good ?

Image3.jpg

Red_Arrows_Pilot.7z

Thanks so much Russ, he looks great in the Hawk..

img00002.JPG

But in the Gnat, it looks like the Flintstones are flying the plane!

img00001.JPG

I reverted back to the PilotGnat that came with the model and swapped in your .bmp so what I now have at least fits in the cockpit and has a bit of red. which is good enough for me...

img00007.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1