Sign in to follow this  
Eagle114th

Location of weapons .ini files (CAT Extract) Questions

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the location of weapons .ini files.  I have been looking for it using CAT extractor.  I am unable to find the .ini files for the weapons in SF2.  May I ask if anyone know where I can find it?

If someone knows which weapons pack is up-to-date and is released for SF2, please let me know too.  I will contact author about tweaking their .ini for weapons, respectfully.  If the permission is approved, I will start .ini dancing through a long list of weapons.

The information and advice are much appreciated, as always.  I am still looking for files again in SF2. 

I am working on the project that sorts the weapon list like I did with the aircraft list.

Cheers!

Edited by Eagle114th

6 hours ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

Folder ObjectData001 , WEAPONDATA.ini

Sir, thank you very much!  I am going to roll my sleeves again and start working on this project. 

By the way, I am a fan of your weapon pack series work.  I found it recently on this forum.  It looks great!

I have a problem with the updated Weapondata.ini.  After finishing editing and renaming all weapons in weapondata.ini, I moved both weaponsdata.ini / DAT files to SF2 -> Objects -> Weapons -> Weapondata and started SF2.  It appears that not all ordinance name is updated in SF2 yet, only a few.  Here is screenshot

img00002

Notice that only a few weapons with new names show up while the rest still show an original name. 

For example, for AIM-7E Sparrow, I renamed it as:

(AAM) AIM-7E Sparrow (SARH) and it still shows up as AIM-7E Sparrow.  Am I doing something else wrong? 

[WeaponData028]
TypeName=AIM-7E-4
FullName=(AAM) AIM-7E-4 Sparrow (SARH)
ModelName=aim-7e
Mass=193.690002
Diameter=0.200000
Length=3.670300
SubsonicDragCoeff=0.440000
SupersonicDragCoeff=0.615000
AttachmentType=USN
SpecificStationCode=
NationName=USN
StartYear=1974
EndYear=1980
Availability=2
BaseQuantity=6
Exported=TRUE
ExportStartYear=1974
ExportEndYear=0
ExportAvailability=2
WeaponDataType=1
RailLaunched=FALSE
RocketPod=FALSE
Retarded=FALSE
FinStabilized=TRUE
SpinStabilized=FALSE
HasGrowl=FALSE
EffectClassName=MediumMissileEffects
ReleaseDelay=0.200000
WarheadType=0
Explosives=30.000000
FusingDistance=2.000000
ClusterBomblets=0
ClusterDispersion=0.000000
GuidanceType=12
Accuracy=60
MaxTurnRate=15.000000
MaxLaunchG=5.000000
LockonChance=80
LaunchReliability=75
ArmingTime=1.000000
SeekerFOV=5.000000
SeekerGimbleLimit=46.000000
SeekerTrackRate=16.000000
SeekerRange=28000.000000
CLmax=14.000000
MinFreq=0.000000
MaxFreq=0.000000
MinLaunchRange=500.000000
MaxLaunchRange=28000.000000
Duration=70.000000
CounterCountermeasure=70.000000
NoiseRejection=30.000000
CapabilityFlags=0x00000008
LoftAngle=0.000000
DescentAngle=0.000000
MaxLoftAltitude=0.000000
BoosterStart=0.500000
BoosterDuration=2.800000
BoosterAccel=21.600000
BoosterEffectName=MissileFireEffect
BoosterSoundName=Missile
BoosterNodeName=
BoosterPosition=0.000000,-1.835150,0.000000
SustainerDuration=0.000000
SustainerAccel=0.000000
SustainerEffectName=
SustainerSoundName=
SustainerPosition=0.000000,-1.835150,0.000000
InFlightEffectName=MissileInFlightEffect
InFlightSoundName=
ReleaseAnimationID=-1
EODisplayFlags=0
CEP=0.000000

Edited by Eagle114th

This "new" system may not work due to how the cat file system works. 

You'll probably have to make a folder for every single weapons listed. Inside that, you'll need all new inis and data inis for every single weapon (including stock ones) with this "new" naming system.

Typename= would probably stay the same, as that's what's being read by the loadout ini (of each and every single aircraft -- pray that you don't have to edit them, as well). The FullName=, as you know, and have editied, is what's seen on the loadout screen. It should work as you wish

BTW, editing the weaponsdata ini hasn't been needed since SF2 came out. You folderize all the new weapons and place them in the /Objects/Weapons folder. It's been a 'drag and drop' since day1. Hence, what I'm thinking that you have to do the whole thing from scratch, individually folderized.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Wrench said:

This "new" system may not work due to how the cat file system works. 

You'll probably have to make a folder for every single weapons listed. Inside that, you'll need all new inis and data inis for every single weapon (including stock ones) with this "new" naming system.

Typename= would probably stay the same, as that's what's being read by the loadout ini (of each and every single aircraft -- pray that you don't have to edit them, as well). The FullName=, as you know, and have editied, is what's seen on the loadout screen. It should work as you wish

BTW, editing the weaponsdata ini hasn't been needed since SF2 came out. You folderize all the new weapons and place them in the /Objects/Weapons folder. It's been a 'drag and drop' since day1. Hence, what I'm thinking that you have to do the whole thing from scratch, individually folderized.

Understood, your advice is much appreciated. 

I will do this way.  I will do a few experiments with the AIM-9s and AIM-7s family first.  Then see how it goes. If it all works out very well, then I will go this way.

Cheers!

• Like 1

GOOD NEWS!  Looks like it is working! I was renaming all AIM-9s family in SF2 in a method as Wrench explained.  I am able to display all AIM-9s updated names!

img00004

• Like 1

It appears that there is probably a bug with Mk.20 Rockeye II.  I renamed Mk.20 Rockeye II, it made two names with and without new names at the same time.  I did double-checked everything and still is confused by this.  Another ordinance works successfully though.  Can anyone test and see if anyone experiences the same problem with Rockeye II?

I placed the following three files into MK20_ROCKEYE_II folder in Weapons folder (SF2):

MK20_ROCKEYE_II.INI
MK20_ROCKEYE_II_DATA.INI
ROCKEYE.BMP

MK20_ROCKEYE_II.INI CODES:

[WeaponData]
ObjectDataFile=MK20_ROCKEYE_II_DATA.INI

[LOD001]
Filename=rockeye.lod
Distance=100

[LOD002]
Filename=rockeye_LOD2.lod
Distance=250

[LOD003]
Filename=rockeye_LOD3.lod
Distance=1000

[Shadow]
CastShadow=TRUE
ShadowCastDist=10000
MaxVisibleDistance=100

MK20_ROCKEYE_II_DATA.INI codes:

[WeaponData001]
TypeName=Rockeye
FullName=(CBU) Mk.20 Rockeye II
ModelName=rockeye
Mass=216.000000
Diameter=0.332000
Length=2.337000
SubsonicDragCoeff=0.224000
SupersonicDragCoeff=0.788000
AttachmentType=NATO
SpecificStationCode=
NationName=USAF
StartYear=1968
EndYear=1996
Availability=2
BaseQuantity=12
Exported=TRUE
ExportStartYear=1968
ExportEndYear=1996
ExportAvailability=2
WeaponDataType=0
RailLaunched=FALSE
Retarded=FALSE
FinStabilized=TRUE
SpinStabilized=FALSE
EffectClassName=ClusterBombEffects
DragAreaMultiplier=1.000000
WarheadType=9
Explosives=100.000000
FusingDistance=100.000000
ClusterBomblets=50
ClusterDispersion=0.500000
GuidanceType=0
Accuracy=0
MaxTurnRate=0.000000
MaxLaunchG=0.000000
LockonChance=0
LaunchReliability=0
ArmingTime=0.000000
SeekerFOV=0.000000
SeekerGimbleLimit=0.000000
SeekerTrackRate=0.000000
SeekerRange=0.000000
LiftDragRatio=4.000000
ReleaseAnimationID=1
ReleaseAnimationTime=0.200000
ReleaseAnimationDelay=0.100000
EODisplayFlags=0
CEP=20.000000

Here is a screenshot with the strange bugs with Mk.20 Rockeye II:

img00003

1 hour ago, Eagle114th said:

I placed the following three files into MK20_ROCKEYE_II folder in Weapons folder (SF2):

Why? The Rockeye is a stock weapon. By doing what you did, you actually created another copy of the weapon, and you modified this copy, not the original weapon.

If your plan is to rename all stock weapons, your Weapons folder must be clean, you must edit only the WeaponData.ini file. Any other weapon subfolders you add may create additional, unwanted copies of stock weapons

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Menrva said:

Why? The Rockeye is a stock weapon. By doing what you did, you actually created another copy of the weapon, and you modified this copy, not the original weapon.

If your plan is to rename all stock weapons, your Weapons folder must be clean, you must edit only the WeaponData.ini file. Any other weapon subfolders you add may create additional, unwanted copies of stock weapons

I see, your advice is appreciated too.  Just for clarifying, weapondata.ini and .dat goes to this directory:

SF2 folder -> Objects -> Weapons -> Weapondata

Right? 

This is opportunities for me to learn more about how SF2 works, that way I can edit both weapondata.ini and making new folders for the proper situations. 

Edited by Eagle114th

the .dat file is also no longer used

your pathway should be:

Objects --> Weapons --> Folder-name-of-weapon --> name-of-weapon.ini, name-of-weapon_data.ini. Also including any skins or lods, if aftermarket units. (exempt are cloned stock weapons, that reference 3W lods)

Do you know the format for the folderized _data ini???

example:

[WeaponData001]                      <-----THIS IS REQUIRED!!!
TypeName=B25RocketRack
FullName=B-25/PBJ Rocket Stubs
ModelName=P-51Rkt_Rack
Mass=20.000000
Diameter=0.000000
Length=0.866000
SubsonicDragCoeff=0.200000
SupersonicDragCoeff=0.770000
AttachmentType=USAF
SpecificStationCode=
NationName=USN,USMC,USAF
StartYear=1943
EndYear=1959
Availability=2
BaseQuantity=10
Exported=TRUE
ExportStartYear=1943
ExportEndYear=1960
ExportAvailability=1
WeaponDataType=2
RailLaunched=FALSE
RocketTypeName=HVAR5
NumRockets=1
ROF=0.000000
FireEffectName=RocketPodEffect
FireEffectTime=0.150000
FrontCoverNodeName=
RearCoverNodeName=
ShowRockets=TRUE
Rocket01Position=0.000000,0.000000,-0.150000

just making sure :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wrench said:

the .dat file is also no longer used

your pathway should be:

Objects --> Weapons --> Folder-name-of-weapon --> name-of-weapon.ini, name-of-weapon_data.ini. Also including any skins or lods, if aftermarket units. (exempt are cloned stock weapons, that reference 3W lods)

Do you know the format for the folderized _data ini???

example:

just making sure :)

Roger that, added it to my notes.

Cheers!

7 hours ago, Eagle114th said:

SF2 folder -> Objects -> Weapons -> Weapondata

Right? 

No. WeaponData.ini must be put simply inside the Weapons folder. That should be the only file in your Weapons folder, if you only want stock weapons with new names.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Menrva said:

No. WeaponData.ini must be put simply inside the Weapons folder. That should be the only file in your Weapons folder, if you only want stock weapons with new names.

I tried that with updated Weapondata.ini (All names are changed) and there are no changes occurring in SF2 yet.  Perhaps I should fly a mission and let SF2 'update' the text with new names from Weapondata.ini? I will run the further test again.

UPDATE:  This is strange.  If I put the folderized files in Weapons folder, it shows the changes in SF2 (With that buggy Mk.20 Rockeye II as mentioned above).  If I put only Weapondata.ini in, there are no changes occurring in SF2 yet. I must have been missing something.  I ran the tests with Weapondata.ini only by doing a quick mission and end it, no changes show up in loadout screen yet.

Edited by Eagle114th

That is happening because you only edited the .ini file, while the .dat file is still that of the original game, hence you get the original names. You must re-save the .dat file with TW's Weapon Editor.

The .ini file is just an interface for the Weapon Editor, the stock weapon data that is truly read by the game is held in the .dat file.

Edited by Menrva

1 hour ago, Menrva said:

That is happening because you only edited the .ini file, while the .dat file is still that of the original game, hence you get the original names. You must re-save the .dat file with TW's Weapon Editor.

The .ini file is just an interface for the Weapon Editor, the stock weapon data that is truly read by the game is held in the .dat file.

Menrva and Wrench,

I FINALLY DID IT.  I actually used TK weapon editor... OH BOY, I SHOULD HAVE used it earlier! (smacks my head on the desk).  THANK to you (Menrva) and Wrench for explaining how the system works in SF2.  The beauty of TK's Weapon Editor is that it automatically take care of everything I needed for it to do for me.  All I have to do is to edit all names from 'FULLNAME=" and use weapon editor to take care of the rest for me.  I will make sure to remember to use all tools available out there.

It is working beautifully in SF2 now!  Here are screenshot:

img00006

img00005

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Eagle114th
      Hello everyone, 

I updated the thread title to SFCE.  The reason why the name is Strike Fighter Community Expansion is that this mod uses various mods made by authors from CombatAce.  This mod is not only for my Saad - Zafir project. It is also for the community to use freely too!

What you will see in SFCE: 
      However, SFCE, in another hand, does NOT add any new add-on plane to SF2.  The reason of this:  With SFCE, anyone can use it as base to add any mods to it, build their own mod pack on top of it, or import big mod packs and upgrade it to work with SFCE.

LINK to SFCE Beta 1.2a:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/8s9f09dp35iwyjb/SFCE_v1.2a.7z/file
      I am able to release the beta now, it is all thanks to CombatAce community for the supports and pictures needed for the projects,  including Ravenclaw_007, Wrench, Nightshade/PR, Menrva, Daddyplanes, and Trotski00 for helping me with advice, pictures/videos references, modding, and aircraft information and Coupi for testing and fixing the sounds problems in F-4s ini files.  I especially want to thank to all authors of mods for giving me the permissions to use various mods for this project.   If there is any names I forgot to mention here, please let me know.  I will add your names here asap.  My apologies.
      this beta version Includes changes to all A-1s, A-4s, and F-4s series.  A-6 is being worked on now.  The feedback will be always helpful to improve this mod even further.  Please let me know if you see any errors with the loadout, sounds, and other features.

BUGS / ISSUES:
      1) I am still puzzled by these bugs.  When using F-4s and turning the navigation light on, as you start rolling down the runway, the light won't cover the whole runway.  There are sections that blackout the light area.  If any of you know how to solve it, please let me know.  If any of you know or suggest additional mods I am not aware of that improves TW aircraft, please let me know too.

2) There is one issue in Egyptian Mirage 5SDE's loadout.ini.  BFT is not working in loadout.ini, BUT you still will be able to have 4 of bombs loaded instead of having total 8 bombs with BFT automatically.  At least BFT still works well and you can manually load them in loadout.  If any of you know how to fix this, please let me know and I will happily update SFCE with it

Eagle114th
    • By PleasantStorm

View File SF2_OpDarius_2022_F35_401TFG.zip
      Canadian 401 Tactical Fighter Group F-35 Lightning II Mod 
      This mod requires Strike Fighters 2 and a working installation of
      the Operation Darius Mod available at the Combat Ace website:
      Strike Fighters 2
      https://www.thirdwire.com
      Combat Ace
      https://www.combatace.com
      Direct Link to Operation Darius
      https://combatace.com/forums/topic/74627-operation-darius-final-part-1-of-4/

What Is It?
      This is a mod for Strike Fighters 2 and Operation Darius that adds the
      Canadian 401 Tactical Fighter Group to the squadron choices when flying
      the Operation Darius campaign. The original Operation Darius was limited
      to the CF18 as the Canadian Forces multi-role fighter.
      This mod adds the recently acquired F-35 Lightning II to Single Missions and
      the Operation Darius Campaign for Canadian Forces. Canada, having recently
      procured a number of F-35 jets for their fleet are replacing the aging CF18s
      with the stealth and tactically aware F-35A Lightning II.
      If you're a fan of this sim and the Lockheed-Martin jet, then this is your
      chance to try it if you'd prefer to play as the Canadians.

What's Included?
      I've included textures with proper Canadian markings, including the official
      401 Tactical Fighter Group's own patch on the tail fins. These are simply 
      modded textures of one of the other squadrons texture packs, which were
      crafted by the Operation Darius team. 
      I simply used their work and composited the 401 Patch and the appropriate
      Canadian insignias on the wings, tail and fuselage. I've included the
      original Photoshop layered files in case you want to alter the positioning
      of the "Canadian" elements on the textures.

Installation:
      Simply copy the two folders: Campaigns and Objects to your Operation Darius
      mod directory which is located at:
      WinXP or earlier:
      .\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\[OpDarius]

Vista/Win7/Win8/Win8.1/Win10/Win11
      .\Users\<username>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\[OpDarius]

where [OpDarius] is the name of the folder where you chose to install Operation Darius.
      When you do, it should asked if you want to a bunch of files replaces, just replace all and have done with it and once they're done copying, you should be ready to go.

Thank you to the Combat Ace website, Thirdwire and to the Operation Darius team for making such a great
      addon for an already awesome jet simulator/trainer. Thank you to the Government of Canada for
      making the decision to upgrade our aging fleet of DEW line tasked multi-role fighters with the
      now mature F-35A, and of course Lockheed-Martin for such an awesome aircraft.
      Special thanks to the Canadian 401 Tactical Fighter Group.

Shameless Plug
      I will post this file archive on Combat Ace, but also this file may be freely downloaded directly
      from my own Shhhh! Digital Media website at https://www.shhhhdigital.ca under 
      the software section.

Disclaimer
      These files are shared as is and the creators and file hosts of these files claims no responsibility for any damages incurred from copying them or using them. They have been thoroughly scanned for malware and viruses but no warranty is offered for their use. By downloading and using these files, you are agreeing to the terms indicated in this readme.txt file.
      Submitter PleasantStorm Submitted 05/19/2022 Category Other Origin  
    • By PleasantStorm
      Canadian 401 Tactical Fighter Group F-35 Lightning II Mod 
      This mod requires Strike Fighters 2 and a working installation of
      the Operation Darius Mod available at the Combat Ace website:
      Strike Fighters 2
      https://www.thirdwire.com
      Combat Ace
      https://www.combatace.com
      Direct Link to Operation Darius
      https://combatace.com/forums/topic/74627-operation-darius-final-part-1-of-4/

What Is It?
      This is a mod for Strike Fighters 2 and Operation Darius that adds the
      Canadian 401 Tactical Fighter Group to the squadron choices when flying
      the Operation Darius campaign. The original Operation Darius was limited
      to the CF18 as the Canadian Forces multi-role fighter.
      This mod adds the recently acquired F-35 Lightning II to Single Missions and
      the Operation Darius Campaign for Canadian Forces. Canada, having recently
      procured a number of F-35 jets for their fleet are replacing the aging CF18s
      with the stealth and tactically aware F-35A Lightning II.
      If you're a fan of this sim and the Lockheed-Martin jet, then this is your
      chance to try it if you'd prefer to play as the Canadians.

What's Included?
      I've included textures with proper Canadian markings, including the official
      401 Tactical Fighter Group's own patch on the tail fins. These are simply 
      modded textures of one of the other squadrons texture packs, which were
      crafted by the Operation Darius team. 
      I simply used their work and composited the 401 Patch and the appropriate
      Canadian insignias on the wings, tail and fuselage. I've included the
      original Photoshop layered files in case you want to alter the positioning
      of the "Canadian" elements on the textures.

Installation:
      Simply copy the two folders: Campaigns and Objects to your Operation Darius
      mod directory which is located at:
      WinXP or earlier:
      .\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\[OpDarius]

Vista/Win7/Win8/Win8.1/Win10/Win11
      .\Users\<username>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\[OpDarius]

where [OpDarius] is the name of the folder where you chose to install Operation Darius.
      When you do, it should asked if you want to a bunch of files replaces, just replace all and have done with it and once they're done copying, you should be ready to go.

Thank you to the Combat Ace website, Thirdwire and to the Operation Darius team for making such a great
      addon for an already awesome jet simulator/trainer. Thank you to the Government of Canada for
      making the decision to upgrade our aging fleet of DEW line tasked multi-role fighters with the
      now mature F-35A, and of course Lockheed-Martin for such an awesome aircraft.
      Special thanks to the Canadian 401 Tactical Fighter Group.

Shameless Plug
      I will post this file archive on Combat Ace, but also this file may be freely downloaded directly
      from my own Shhhh! Digital Media website at https://www.shhhhdigital.ca under 
      the software section.

Disclaimer
      These files are shared as is and the creators and file hosts of these files claims no responsibility for any damages incurred from copying them or using them. They have been thoroughly scanned for malware and viruses but no warranty is offered for their use. By downloading and using these files, you are agreeing to the terms indicated in this readme.txt file.
    • By Ferrilata
      Hi! I'm trying to start building addon campaigns for eburger68's amazing SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion mod. I'm trying to start by making a "red" version of the Easter Offensive campaign called "Red Fiery Summer", where the player is a VPAF pilot in an alternate Easter Offensive where the PAVN/NLF ground forces had air support. The missions would be more varied than the ones in eburger68's own VPAF addon, with strike, recon, and CAS missions in addition to CAP and Intercept.

If anyone can help me get it set up and working, or at least teach me how to do it, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
      Attached below are my files for the campaign as they currently exist
      Fer_RedFierySummer.INI
      Fer_RedFierySummer_DATA.INI
      Fer_RedFierySummerEnd.TXT
      Fer_RedFierySummerSTART.TXT
      Fer_RedFierySummerSTART1.TXT
    • By Eagle114th
      Hello everyone,

I am sharing what I am working on with the team.  It is a slow project because we do it for the hobby.  We are flowing along with it, and there is no ETA.  Initially, I worked on Dhimar and Paran expansion pack without much research, which led me to do a project that made no sense.  That was an opportunity for me to learn how to do it properly, especially in a semi-realistic way that makes sense.
      I decided to discontinue Dhimar and Paran expansion project because I didn't want to change the stories written by TW. Therefore, I want to honor his work.  Thank the community and friends for inspiring me to work on an entirely new fictional nation that I can envision and bring into SF2.  A friend of mine recommended I look into the Africa map, where the imaginary nations of Saad and Zafir come in.
      What took the longest time was actual research about the nations around the horn of Africa and the Arabian Peninsula and the ancient civilization around that area.  The research on the language, cultures, and history was also involved.  It taught me many new things, which opened me to Africa and the Arab world.  
      This is how Saad and Zafir get an enriched history and depths with the cultures, languages, and where they come from.  This led me from just making SF2 mods into writing a book. I never thought I would do it, yet I am doing it as a hobby.
      Then it came to me; this book is not just for SF2; it can be used for any simulation. It taught me how to be creative with the stories, including the graphic designs (flags, insignia, roundel, pilot badges, and other materials).  
      After finishing the short history series about Saad and Zafir's ancestors,  I can start focusing on finding the right aircraft for Saad and Zafir.  It is intended that Saad and Zafir are truly unique to each other and the world of SF2.  It won't be another classic "USA aircraft vs. Soviets Aircraft."  Instead, they use various aircraft tied to Saad and Zafir history with connections to certain nations from Europe to the Middle East to Asia.  They will still use some of the United States and Soviets aircraft, though. 

My friend has been a great teacher who taught me a lot about the military system and how they do things.  I can make Saad and Zafir military semi-realistic with it, especially when being fictional nations.  I intend to bridge the alternative world (SFAW) with this world in balanced ways.

By the way, here is the information about the SFAW project:

I will give you the brief background about Saad and Zafir.

NOTE:  I am NOT an expert with the language of Tigrinya.  I am still looking for someone who knows the Tigrinya languages.  I find them to be very interesting.  It is intended that the language of Tigrinya for Saad is one of the native languages.  That way, Saad can be fully immersive in the book and SF2.

ሳድ (Saad) - (1920 – Present)

الظافر (Zafir) - (1930 – Present)

FAQs

I will add more information as time passes by.  For now, this is an introduction to the SFAW project for the start.  I hope you all enjoy reading the background stories.

Cheers!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..